I believe in B-ball ...

Ragman

Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2013 09:56 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
When he's 80 yrs. old, Ray will still be shooting those 3s...nuttin' but net! He's got ice water in those veins, I tell 'ya!
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2013 10:14 pm
Wow...crazy finish...lots of calls here and there...a lot of buzz the next couple days for sure...
Ragman

Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2013 10:24 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Glad I watched this game. Game 7 will be an epic battle! Think Frazier-Ali!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2013 10:28 pm
@Ragman,
I did not get to see much of this game because I was not home...but I watched from about 8 min left in the 4th, and OT...and it was a pretty damn good finish!...
Ragman

Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2013 11:13 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Tsk-tsk. This was one great entertaining masterpiece of a game...everything in it. What a shame you didn't see the whole game. Cable will replay it over the next 2 days in its entirety (if you got cable).
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 09:48 pm
What an amazing series...nothing but world class respect for Tim Duncan...that man is a world class athlete...and they probably would have won if Manu was anywhere to be found...I know he played decent tonight...but he was no where to be found pretty much all series...

Congratulations to the Miami Heat as Champs again...

If I had the vote...I would give Ray Allen my M.V.P. vote on purpose...I am not even sure how many Heat fans realize how big of a shot that actually was...he saved the series, brought another championship home...or made it possible...and in all likelihood probably kept the big 3 together for at least one more year...LeBron is gone if that shot does not go in...
panzade

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 09:55 pm
HEAT REPEAT!
panzade

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 09:55 pm
Hats off to Duncan and Pops...real class acts
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 09:58 pm
@panzade,
Yeah, you are right, I forgot Pop...thanks panzade...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 10:01 pm
I forgot to mention this also...Leonard missed that free throw late in game 6...which he should not have been taking anyways....but he played a hell-of-a-game tonight...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 10:22 pm

i watched the last 8 minutes.
ginobli stank up the joint...
panzade

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 07:16 am
@Region Philbis,
He certainly was trying to carry the team; he was anxious and sloppy.That pass he missed where he took his eyes off the ball was telling.
But to me the absence of Danny Green's three pointers was critical to Ginobli's errant play.

In the end it's always about defense. Bosh and Allen scored zilch but the Heat's defense shut down a powerful Spurs offense.

I never see an appreciation of Spoelstra but that young man is a remarkable coach. It can't be easy trying to meld a group of "stars"into"a selfless unit ; just ask Pops and Phil Jackson.

So Reeg...what's happening to Doc and the Celtics?
Lets talk post-season moves.
Ragman

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 07:19 am
@panzade,
"The Celtics and Clippers have been in contact with the league office on the proposed Kevin Garnett and Rivers transactions and NBA commissioner David Stern has made it clear that the Garnett-DeAndre Jordan part of the trade talks cannot be completed simultaneously with the securing of Rivers' rights through draft picks."

Apparently there's another team also talking with Doc.
panzade

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 07:23 am
@Ragman,
Help me understand.

I thought Doc was beloved in Boston and he was looking forward to rebuilding next year?

What happened?
Ragman

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 07:38 am
@panzade,
He is highly loved and respected by the Celts org as well as fans and media; however, all that aside, there are certain known facts or scenarios for next season that may cause Ainge to allow Doc a release from his contractual obligations:

1. As a top-tier coach, he's in high demand. Salary of $7m to $8m for a proven winning coach is not small (potatoes). If Celts lose their some or most of their top 3 ... a near certainty, his salary may not be justified for Celts to keep him.

2. One team, the Clippers needs to advance further in next season's playoffs, should they be lucky enough to re-sign Paul. They're in a battle for LA fan base and while Lakers are weakened, it's time to make hay while the sun shines. There needs to a sweetener incentive for Clippers to retain Chris Paul, their top-rated point guard. Loading up with more talent plus a top-tier coach Rivers is certainly good incentive for signing Paul and top tier player-TBN-later.

3. Celts have to rebuild in order to advance in the play-offs. They might need to reconstruct more extensively as KG is both one-yr-older and may not be on the team. Pierce might be moving on, too.

4. Then there's coach-player issues with Rajon Rondo, a petulant but super talented player. Their volatile dynamics have been well documented.

5. Reconstructing a Celts team, such as outlined previously, may not be in Doc's interest or desire. Some pretty good pieces are there in Clipper land...and if Doc signs there, it can attract or secure more play-off level talent.

6. It is politically useful to say he's looking fwd to rebuilding with the Celts as Prez. Ainge is a close friend to Doc.
panzade

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 07:49 am
@Ragman,
Thanx....now I understand
BillW

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 11:59 am
@panzade,
....said the blind man, "that's a hell of an elephant!".
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 02:07 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
I never see an appreciation of Spoelstra but that young man is a remarkable coach. It can't be easy trying to meld a group of "stars"into"a selfless unit
nor can it be easy coaching every night knowing pat riley is sitting in the stands, arms folded, silently critiquing every possession...

Quote:
So Reeg...what's happening to Doc and the Celtics?
what ragman said.
it's funny how the four teams heeyuh are seemingly competing with each other for attention.
it's tough to keep up with everything, and even tougher to separate fact from made-up shite...
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 04:15 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
...I know he played decent tonight...

Shocked

Did you see the game?
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 04:16 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
HEAT REPEAT!