I believe in B-ball ...

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 04:30 pm
@Ticomaya,
Yeah Tico I had...I think a couple may have misunderstood my position...I know it was too little too late...and he was not there all series...and it was not a jar dropping game, and he did make quite a few turnovers...and one late that gave the series away...even though it was pretty much over already...

But this is the box score from game 7...6-12 (50%) 4-4 free throw line...18 points, 5 assists...

That is a lot better than he had been...and that is why I said he had a decent game, but was no where to be found the rest of the series...and they lost because he was no where to be found...S.A. lost that series in game 6 when Manu missed his free throw, and Leonard did...but I can't really fault the kid there...69%...and second year kid...Parker should of been at the line...
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 05:20 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Well, you're right. I think I agree with all of that. He had a terrible game 6, and slightly better game 7. The turnovers were glaring, and the missed FT was crucial.

And Popovich was outcoached by the kid.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 05:49 pm
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
nor can it be easy coaching every night knowing pat riley is sitting in the stands, arms folded, silently critiquing every possession..

I didn't think about that.
Even more reason to admire the kid.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 09:15 am
I grew up a fan of the Bullets and just saw this rather rare 45 up for auction.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1001624_10151668197452902_1216354180_n.jpg
BillW

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 11:19 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

I grew up a fan of the Bullets and just saw this rather rare 45 up for auction.

Wes Unseld

In 984 NBA games – all with the Bullets – Unseld averaged a double-double, with averages of 10.8 points and 14.0 rebounds per game, as well as 3.9 assists per game, averaging over 36 minutes played per game. Unseld was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 1988, and in 1996, he was named as one of the NBA's 50 Greatest Players of all time.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 11:37 am
@panzade,
Bullets .... remember this guy ...

BillW

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 11:48 am
@Ticomaya,
I think that is Wes Unseld as a coach kicking the towel in the last scene of the replay. Also heard English and Ellis mentioned as players. But, Bernard King is to become a Hall of Famer this year......
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 01:14 pm
Unseld, Gus Johnson, Earl The Pearl, Elvin Hayes...
these are the names that spilled out of my boxy old AM radio.

Quote:
n 1995, owner Abe Pollin announced that the franchise was to be renamed because Bullets carried violent overtones, which he wanted to repudiate, especially since Washington was experiencing some of the highest homicide rates in the country at the time. A contest was held to choose a new name and the choices were narrowed to the Dragons, Express, Stallions, Sea Dogs, or Wizards. On May 15, 1997, the Bullets officially became the Washington Wizards.
CowDoc

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 08:40 pm
@panzade,
Johnny Carson reported at the time that, due to the violent connotation associated with the "Washington Bullets", the team would be changing their name. In the future, they would be know as the "Bullets".
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 09:00 pm
@CowDoc,
CowDoc! What is going on? Long time no see...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 09:04 am
@CowDoc,
I was looking for that joke like crazy yesterday. Thanks for posting it.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 08:02 pm
Sorry to say all...but the Clippers just signed Doc for a first round pick...
BillW

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2013 11:47 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
When was the last time a coach was traded? I do believe it has happened before, just - well, memory fails?
panzade

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2013 12:02 pm
@BillW,
They traded a #1 pick??
No wonder they never get to the finals.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2013 03:00 pm
@BillW,
No coach has been traded before.

and it is against the rules.

However, that isn't to say...it isn't going to happen as a de facto deed.
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2013 05:22 pm
@Ragman,

Doc Rivers Was the First NBA Player Drafted as a Result of a Head Coach Trade Thirty Years Ago.

sad to see him go -- he has always been a great coach and a class act.
that said, i think it's a good time to shake things up...
Ragman

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2013 09:39 pm
@Region Philbis,
Thanks for the correction.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 10:00 pm
Wow ! The Celtics just traded their whole team!
What's all this about Reeg?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 10:33 pm
@panzade,
I am sorry for answering, because it was not for me specifically...but they needed young bodies in there...they had to rebuild...they did it correctly, because they might as well do it while Garnett and such still have some trade value...

I did not happen to see all of the trades, but did they keep Rondo, and Green? I hope so...If they did they will be solid in about 3 or 4 more years again...Wink...Very Happy
panzade

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 07:39 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Goodness me! By all means give us your take.
I always address Reeg on all things Celtic because he's such a rabid fan.

BTW I've been watching Shane Battier doing local Heat spots in Miami for some time now and last night ESPN had him doing interviews at the NBA draft.
The guy is a natural. I predict he'll be a regular on TV real soon.