I believe in B-ball ...

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 04:04 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,

LeBron is the least likeable superstar i've ever encountered.

perhaps one day i'll look back and appreciate what he's done...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 04:47 am
@Region Philbis,
Honestly...I think that is very, very truthful indeed...I will say though that I kind of think that what makes athletes the best...or near the very top...Is almost having an arrogant, get out of my way, I am doing this myself mentality...I honestly do...In sports, the nice guys usually always finish last...sadly...

To this day I very, very much so dislike Roger Clemens...mostly because I think he doped...and he used to head hunt...and I so wanted Piazza to kick his ass in 2000, since the Mets had no shot...Even more so, I wanted to see the Yanks have the guts to start Clemens against Johnson in 2001, so if Clemens buzzed anyone, Randy Johnson would have drilled Clemens since he would have to bat...

But anyways my point is looking back I can still appreciate some of the things that Clemens had done...to a certain extent...because he doped...and I am not sure if anyone knows when he started...if he had from the start...then I gladly retract everything I have just said...

But one of the reasons he was successful is because he played the game a bit iffy to get an edge...(Clemens) and I think almost all great athletes cross that line in some way or another, or are always constantly flirting with it...People love them, and love to hate them...

It is almost like everyone within the different sport hates them, but their teammates...but everyone in the game still respects them...

That is until they cheat...then they lose the respect, and credibility...and then it is gone forever...tainted...tarnished...sullied...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 06:15 am
I am sitting here thinking...and I think this series is going to very interesting indeed...this is what I have been thinking about, and why I think it will be very interesting...

On one side, It may have been worse for S.A. to win game 1, and not 2...like it usually happens...because now Miami has the momentum going into game 3, and I don't know what to expect from the Heat in game 3 in S.A. and I think the Heat could actually win...rather than S.A. having the momentum for game 3, to put that one away nice and easy and go up 2-1, then have the Heat tie it up 2-2, win game 5, and go up 3-2 going back to Miami...like I think S.A. would be happy with...but the flip side is this, and this is where I see it can get interesting...If the Heat come out strong in game 3, but end up loosing...I think they will come out flat in game 4, and probably be down 3-1...;then they will have all the pressure in the world to win game 5 just to stay alive, and then they probably lose game 6 in Miami, and lose the finals...I think the Heat might have hurt themselves bad with that game 1 loss...I think it will help Miami if they do not win game 3...If they lose...but do not exert too much energy...if they do win, then they go for the kill...but if they lose, they have to watch how strong they come out...If Miami losses game 3...I can't see S.A. winning another game in Miami...6 or 7...and I think the Heat will grab game 4 in S.A.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 09:46 am
All this whining about LaBron's unpleasant character makes me laugh.You'd kill for a star of this magnitude on your team.
Here's the scoop guys.
The Heat have been owned by Micky Arison for 18 years and he's been a superb owner. He knows entertainment; he runs Carnival Cruise lines.

Last night when LaBron made a monster block...that was pure entertainment...that's what the fans paid big bucks to see.
That's what galvanized the rest of the team and that's the defining moment that will sweep the Spurs out of the series.

So what if LB didn't care about the ensuing fast break.
So what if he did too many King Kong impersonations.
LaBron is a catalyst. He prods the team in subtle and unsubtle ways.

The Heat are "his" team.

So next time I see a post decrying LaBron's unpleasant character I'll just smirk.
Yeah, you just wish he was leading your favorite team.
Ragman

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 09:56 am
@panzade,
funny thing is when Duncan blocks at the rim or does something parallel to that, you don't see him doing anything like that. Not much chest-thumping or calling attention to himself. He let's his actions speak for him.

LeBron should act like he's been there before...because he HAS. That Tiago Splitter block ... well that ain't no big thaing! He's small potatoes. After all..that is your job. Also, let's see that happen against Duncan...or let's see you stop someone who is big time ... like stopping Parker at the end of a crucial game (game before).
panzade

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 10:53 am
@Ragman,
all good points...some of the greatest players were asshats, didn't keep 'em out of the Hall.
Ragman

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 10:55 am
@panzade,
Who here said the name Reggie Miller? (chuckle)

Loved me some Kevin McHale, but clotheslining Rambis was not his shining hour, despite Rambis being a dirty cheap shot player.

I admit that I do have a problem of disliking what I saw LeBron do ... gloating over a block at the rim to Tiago Splitter. This last year, since he won the championship, I've raised my opinion of LeBron, but this knocked him back down a bit again.
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 12:57 pm

so... can we all agree that LeBronze is indeed an asshat?

R(good deal)P
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 01:02 pm
Isn't it amazing that the simple game of rounders in the UK can be exported across the pond and end up with a whole new vocabulary dedicated to it.
I think I understood one word in four of the last ten posts.

Brilliant!
panzade

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 01:18 pm
@Lordyaswas,
speaking of exported sports: Rugby Sevens is really catching on in the States
panzade

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 01:19 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
but this knocked him back down a bit again.

I see your point
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 01:21 pm
@panzade,
Knowing those Americans, they'll be beating us at it next!

panzade

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 01:31 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Not for some time, but it's big in American colleges and the national team is not bad.
It'll be a while before they're ready for Fiji and New Zealand
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 04:22 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
All this whining about LaBron's unpleasant character makes me laugh.You'd kill for a star of this magnitude on your team.
Here's the scoop guys.

I think you are dead on the money panzade...from a business perspective...every other manager would kill to have a player that plays like that...and I think every other player would also...and that is exactly why people pay the big bucks to go see them...I think it is hard to fully empathize with, unless we are at the game ourselves, and then the thinking is different anyways...I think if there are not players in every league that act the way LeBron does...I think the league goes under ultimately, because it has no character, no thrill, no rush, no face, no drive...etc...nothing differentiates it from any other sport...and people would lose interest...they love them, and love to hate them, and it propels the entire league...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2013 09:54 am

rumor mill a-crankin'...

possible Celtic blockbuster involving pierce, garnett and doc rivers... Shocked
Ragman

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2013 10:00 am
@Region Philbis,
Nooooo!
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2013 10:10 am
@Ragman,

i think ainge has seen enough of that...
Ragman

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2013 10:19 am
@Region Philbis,
enough of whuh?
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2013 10:29 am
@Ragman,

i think it's two things happening at once --

doc wants out;
ainge is ready to part ways with The Big Two and get some younger players...
Ragman

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2013 10:52 am
@Region Philbis,
Gotchya!

So, Celts will reload. Love that they still have Rajon Rondo and Green. That's not a bad place to start. I just hope he's 100% healed.

Perhaps Doc wants time off from there rat-race just to see his son play?
(shaking at this thought) Doc as Lakers head coach? though the strongest rumors have Clippers as a team with a decent roster of stars (or wannabes) and actively interviewing coaches.

NY Nets are reported to want to try their luck with tryout of Jason Kidd with zero coaching experience.