I believe in B-ball ...

Ragman

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 07:41 am
@Region Philbis,
He surely sunk his image to all-time-low point with his off-the-cuff presser comments the previous year. He redeemed himself in the eyes of many with how he helped Heat to win this year - with focus, determination and playing like a madman who seemed in control of his emotions as well as his on-the-court performance.

I'm no fan of his or the Heat but barring injuries,,,I see them as odds-on favorite - speshully now with Benedict Allen added to the mix. Sheesh he took $3M less to increase his chances of winning one more title? Can't really blame him - or can you? This is almost as bad as when Clemens (cough, cough -'rhoid rage) went to the Yanks after that brief spell in Toronto Blow-Jays. After all within the division it potentially decreases the Celts chance next year of advancing to the Finals. However, it increases the drama. It won't be dull (I hope).

0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 09:53 am
@Region Philbis,
You know that's trash talk reeg...cut him some slack.
0 Replies

brenden99

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 02:18 am
@patiodog,
indeed seven and half is a good height............................?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 09:21 am
The 2012 "Dream Team" only beat Lithuania by 5 points, and were trailing them late in the 4th quarter!
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 09:24 am
@snood,

i know dream teams, and that, sir, is no dream team...
snood

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 09:43 am
lol
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2012 08:51 am
@Region Philbis,
No kidding, I was at a beach, saw that on the TV of a beach bar, and we bought a beer just to watch the rest of the 4th quarter. Not every day you get to see USA B-Ball in a close game.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 10:16 pm
Well, it looks like Howard is going to join Nash and Kobe in LA.
Can't. even. comment.... Too. cynical. to. talk. right. now....
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 03:39 am
@snood,

happy for orlando -- they can finally move on after being held hostage for quite some time...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 02:02 pm

it's about time...

Quote:
NBA to crack down on flopping

The NBA officially adopted an anti-flopping policy Wednesday, announcing a new rule that will fine
repeat offenders this season.

Any player who flops during a regular-season game will be subject to a series of penalties, beginning
with a warning for first-time violators. After the warning, players will be fined in increments of $5,000
for each additional flop over the course of the season. The fines increase to $30,000 for a fifth offense.

The NBA stated it would consider suspending any player who violates the anti-flopping rule more than
five times in the regular season. The league said it will announce at a later date a separate set of penalties
for flopping during the postseason.

"Flops have no place in our game," Stu Jackson, the NBA's executive vice president of basketball operations,
said in a written statement. "They either fool referees into calling undeserved fouls or fool fans into thinking
the referees missed a foul call.

"Accordingly, both the Board of Governors and the Competition Committee felt strongly that any player who
the league determines, following video review, to have committed a flop should -- after a warning -- be given
an automatic penalty."

The league defined flopping as "any physical act that appears to have been intended to cause the referees
to call a foul on another player" in an official release.
(epsn)
panzade

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 02:10 pm
@Region Philbis,
Who's the biggest culprit?
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 02:14 pm
@panzade,

Anderson Varejao was #1 according to this player's poll...
panzade

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 02:21 pm
@Region Philbis,
I knew YOU would get right back to me. Very Happy
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 02:22 pm
@panzade,

slow day @ the office...
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 03:16 pm
I think ginobli (spurs) flops with the best of 'em.
Ragman

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 03:17 pm
@snood,
Surprised (shocked look)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 07:40 am

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hLCsJqCXua0/T8Zdkv5QYKI/AAAAAAAAARY/A9tdrpn0EV0/s1600/dodgers_57+yearbook.jpg

... and 55 years later, there was another sporting event in brooklyn --

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1196345!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/deron-williams.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 12:17 pm

impatient lakers hire coach D'Antoni over Phil Jackson...
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 02:02 pm
@Region Philbis,
Well, it could be a good hire. He knows how to get wins out of Steve Nash. Not sure how Kobe will do in an offense that doesn't revolve around him, though.
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 04:30 pm
@Ticomaya,

i don't see it working.
too many egos in the locker room, not enough unselfish players on the court...