I believe in B-ball ...

sozobe

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 08:53 am
I didn't watch, but I'm unexpectedly happy for LeBron James.
panzade

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 11:25 am
@sozobe,
Soz, you should have seen Le Bron hug all of the Oklahoma players after the game. They showed so much respect for him; it was very touching.
Ragman

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 11:30 am
@panzade,
For me, one of the added benefits of these Playoff and Final series dynamics is the touching real-life drama that sometimes surpasses the 'legit' theater.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 12:11 pm
Can anybody blame me for drooling? Ray Allen to the Heat?
Shazam!
Ragman

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 12:13 pm
@panzade,
Hands off! You guys just won the Finals, right?

Seriously, from the sounds of things, one of the contendahs will pick him up. He's much bettah off with the Clippahs! I REALLY like Allne. He always showed his incredible two-way skills, professional dedication and was team-oriented.

“ ... And we’re still talking to the Celtics,” said Tanner.

The Heat’s interest is well-known, but the team is also at a disadvantage in terms of what it can offer. The Celtics, who have the guard’s Bird rights, are prepared to offer Allen $12 million over the next two years.

Though Miami is prepared to offer a third year, the Heat can only offer Allen the $3 million mini-midlevel exception. That’s the penalty for any team with a payroll over the $74 million luxury tax threshold.

The Clippers, however, do have the ability to offer a mid-level exception contract. And unlike the Celtics and Heat — neither of whom plans to use Allen as a starter — the Clippers may indeed envision Allen as part of their starting unit. One of that team’s few weaknesses last season was the lack of a pure shooter.

The Clippers have since traded guard Mo Williams to Utah as part of a four-team deal that brought them Lamar Odom. Swingman Nick Young — a player the Celtics may be interested in — is currently a free agent.

Allen would undoubtedly love the chance to collaborate with Chris Paul, the Clippers point guard whose arrival last season turned the team into a serious playoff force.

And no matter where he ends up, including Memphis — another team with major interest — it appears Allen will have another chance at a ring next season. "
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 12:55 pm
@Ragman,

after losing his starting job to bradley, can't blame ray for testing the waters.
doubt he'd take a huge paycut to sign with the heat.
however, a juicy 3-year deal with the clippers may be too tempting to turn down...
Ragman

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 01:13 pm
@Region Philbis,
Yeah! I hope his injuries heal or get repaired and he helps Clippahs get deepah into the playoffs. They sure look like a promising team but if and when they add to the current mix a healthy Ray Allen, watch out!
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 01:32 pm
@Ragman,
Does anybody here know anything about Ray Boggs? Not the "old" one born in the early 20th century, but the contemporary one.

If anybody can provide an answer, I'll provide the reason I'm asking.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 01:37 pm
I'll agree wiz youze guys...Allen fits in with the Clippers
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 03:04 pm
@panzade,

if he jumps ship, looks like we'll have an able replacement in Jason Terry...
Ragman

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 03:52 pm
@Region Philbis,
For better or worse, I just read that Terry was signed to a three-year-contract with the Celtics worth an estimated $15 million.

My understanding is that he isn't the defender that Ray Allen was but certainly is an elite shooter (mid-range jumper and stellar from 3-pt range)especially at the end of a game.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 08:42 pm
Nash is going to the Lakers ... say it ain't so.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 03:49 am
@Ticomaya,

eww.
kinda figured he'd be going back to the mav's...
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 10:39 am
@Region Philbis,
Yeah, once Williams decided to stay put, I did too. Nash is a class act, and I'm happy for him because this is what he wants, but I'm not happy he went to a rival team. Might make the Lakers the team to beat in the West.
Ragman

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 12:33 pm
@Ticomaya,
There is also rumor that Lakers might be interested in Dwight Howard. I can't see that actually happening as he is really a hot mess, though.
Ragman

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 12:52 pm
@Ragman,
Apparently Howard screwed himself for his desired trade by amending his contract and 'opting-in' for one more season with the Magic. This prehibited the potential trade to Brooklyn Nets. The dude outsmarted himself. Somehow there is still talk about his potential trade to the Lakers - maybe for next season unless Magic figure out a way to ship him off to a place where he wants to go.

[Edit: Magic just made some sort of smaller scale deal for locking up their point guard. Keeping ears glued as to who...Jameer Nelson?]
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 06:09 am

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/boo.gif
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Lebron-Ray-Allen.jpg

benedict allen... http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/boo.gif Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Ragman

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 06:13 am
@Region Philbis,
Gasp! What the hell?

IMHO, he should've gone to the Clippers. I understand that he and Rondo had more friction than was publicly acknowledged.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 06:18 am
Let's all say this word together, shall we?

http://decalsground.com/img_b/vinyl-decal-sticker-988.jpg

Pat Riley has found a novel way to win titles. He's getting 37 year old Allen to pay the Heat 3 million a year for a chance to be on a championship team. The Celtics were reportedly offering 6 million a year and Allen signed with the Heat for three.

Quote:
During the blockbuster summer of 2010, the Heat convinced James, Wade and Chris Bosh all to take less money than they could have gotten elsewhere in that off season, so there would be enough room left to add players like Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller (who both also took smaller contracts) and Mario Chalmers. Then last summer, Shane Battier accepted a deal that will pay him $3 million annually.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 07:12 am
@panzade,

due to LBJ's ridiculously lofty goals, anything less than "not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven," rings
will be considered an abject failure...