I believe in B-ball ...

Ragman

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 08:53 am
@Region Philbis,
You're missing some spectacular b-ball play and some real drama. Unfortunately for OKC, some of this drama is self-inflicted. They gotta be more disciplined. For example, OKC had zero assists in last night's 4th quarter and totally lost their offensive discipline.

While I would REALLY love to see the Finals to go to a Game #7, I would bet my last dollar against it. LeBraun, 'Lord of the No Rings', will claim one very soon.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 09:09 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
... And Chalmers finally came out of his slump. He's a great kid.

He's a Jayhawk. And he's clutch.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 03:03 pm
Somebody help me out with Westbrook's boo-boo in the last 3 minutes.
A jump ball apparently only adds 5 seconds to the shot clock. Did coach Brooks not advise the players and Westbrook committed a useless foul?
What's the story?
snood

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 05:54 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Somebody help me out with Westbrook's boo-boo in the last 3 minutes.
A jump ball apparently only adds 5 seconds to the shot clock. Did coach Brooks not advise the players and Westbrook committed a useless foul?
What's the story?

Can't say I recall the exact scenario, but my impression of Westbrook is someone who just doesn't make smart plays when it counts sometimes. Wildly inventive and powerful moves. Not smart plays.
Ragman

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 11:40 am
@snood,
Thunder's Coach gets partial blame there, too...but I agree with comments about Westbrook. Westbrook needed to keep focus and be aware of the game status, time left, fouls, etc.

I'll still take Rondo any day of the week. At 22 or 23 yrs of age, Westbrook has a big upside, for sure. He's still learning how to integrate being the point guard as well as scorer.

Really looking fwd (as we sports-loving fans all are) to see what happens tonight. I'd love to see it go 7 games, but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. If LeBron's calf cramps hobble him again, it could happen (go to game #7).
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 11:49 am
Correct me if I'm wrong; but the Thunder didn't lose 4 games in a row all season and that will hold up tonight.
Heat go into KC needing 1 win out of 2 games.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 01:05 pm
Y'all are either some die-hard fans or starry-eyed dreamers, or both - becuz we all know the stats of teams coming back from a 3-1 deficit in a 7 game series, right?
panzade

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 01:53 pm
@snood,
Right...but they win tonight.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 02:07 pm
@snood,
Back a short while ago, when OKC was down 0-2 to SA Spurs they said there was a 6% chance they'd could pull it out. They did it!

Hell, these guys are so young there's no telling. If any team can do it, they can.
That being said, LeBron and the Heat surely looks focused enough.
snood

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 02:59 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Back a short while ago, when OKC was down 0-2 to SA Spurs they said there was a 6% chance they'd could pull it out. They did it!

Hell, these guys are so young there's no telling. If any team can do it, they can.
That being said, LeBron and the Heat surely looks focused enough.

OK. I'll buy that. History gave us a 6% probability in your scenario. so there must have been SOME instance of a team coming back from that kind of deficit (was it a 5 game series?). What do the numbers tell us if there has NEVER been an instance of a team coming back from 3-1 in a 7 game series?
panzade

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 03:03 pm
@snood,
Quote:
What do the numbers tell us if there has NEVER been an instance of a team coming back from 3-1 in a 7 game series?

Every time the situation presents itself, there's a better chance of it happening.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 03:12 pm
@panzade,

the first team to let that happen will have sun splainin' to do...
panzade

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 03:35 pm
@Region Philbis,
Luciiiii
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 03:39 pm
@snood,
Believe me when I say my preference would be for Thunder to win.

Even though it is a different sport... remember the Red Sox came back from
being down 0-3 against the Yankees and reversed the curse, finally winning the World Series.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 05:02 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
came back from being down 0-3
it's happened a number of times in hockey -- da Br00nz, most recently -- as well...
Ragman

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 09:28 pm
@Region Philbis,
..and bless their icy hearts! they made me money, too, as I had bet on them.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 09:33 pm
Hope nobody put money on OKC. Stick a fork in 'em.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 10:15 pm
Say hello to my leetle friend...
King James.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!!!
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 10:45 pm
@panzade,
Booooooooooooooo!
Ragman

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 08:50 am
@Ticomaya,
All in all, it was a pretty good series. I got no compliants...with no dog in the fight. I would have liked to see a Game 7, though. Can't wait for next year's playoffs and Finals. I could skip the regular season.

Of course, I'd like to see a rejuvenated Celts team...gawd knows how, where and with which players will rejuvenate them. Might need stem-cell implants in certain (Garnet, Pierce and Allen ) body parts, maybe.
0 Replies