I believe in B-ball ...

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 05:40 pm
@Ragman,

they can't trade him after that performance... can they?
Ragman

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 05:47 pm
@Region Philbis,
I said that last year...with the trade of Perkins. Of course, Perkins role and Rajon's is far different.
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 07:02 am
@Ragman,

interesting tid-bit from Jackie MacMullan --

of rondo's 17 career trip-dub's, 13 of them have been on national tv...
Ragman

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 08:45 am
@Region Philbis,
Thanks for the link! Great points all made by the talking heads.

He is a joy to watch - most of the time. I'm not surprised that he seems to be a Prime-Time performer. His unique play electrifies and energizes them so I'd hate to see him go. Who'll they find to replace his type of exciting energy and his explosiveness? I'd put him in the category of Tiny Archibald. His downside seems to be occasionally erratic scoring and a sulky type of personality and/or some irritation to his teammates.

If he is the best trade-bait they have...and then who would the Celts trade him for - a top scoring big man like Gasol? They'll then be back in the market looking for playmaker guard of the same mold. This I see as a tough long-term strategy - whether or not (or when) to rebuild a team that might be one-and-done (maybe 2nd round) in the playoffs.

Celts dismissed the Knicks with their overall team play both offense and defense. Rondo Stays!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 03:12 pm

rondo trying out for the harlem globetrotters during last night's game...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 05:17 am

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x336/RegionPhilbis/5more.jpg

Mr. Green
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 05:57 am
What about them C's!!!!!!!

If the Celts can pull off one more win, it will be so satisfying to see the old dawgs knock off the young (arrogant big-mouthed) guns that the finals will be an anticlimax.
Ragman

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 06:35 am
@snood,
100 % agreed. Garnett sure knows how to call upon everything he's got for the big moment. Hell all the Celts do - injured or not! It's an understatement to say they play with heart. Miama? Not so much.

With the Heat and LeBron having shot his mouth off about taking his talents to Miami (and then predicting they'd win several chanpionships), it sure would be fitting justice to see them eliminated by a team that follows team play, discipline and has one of the best coaches in the game. Also, I think this will be the last year all 4 of the Celts top players to be playing together so it's now or never.

With both series in East and West having this drama and going the way they went, Finals will surely be anticlimax
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 03:57 am
@Ragman,

OKC waiting in the wings.
stunning collapse by the spurs...
snood

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 04:35 am
I know! It's almost a shame that it might be OKC and Boston - I like 'em both. At least if Miami wins, I'll have a definite team to root for/against in the finals!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 04:10 pm

our esteemed mayah does it again... man, he's clutch!
Quote:
Boston mayor Thomas Menino, who has a dubious history of blunders and mispronunciations when talking about the city's sports
teams, stuck his foot in his mouth again Wednesday when discussing the Celtics' performance in the Eastern Conference finals.

"There's a lot of heart in this team, let me just tell you," Menino told reporters, before adding, "KJ is great but Hondo is
really the inspiration. Hondo drives that team."

KJ, of course, should be KG, Kevin Garnett. "KJ" was the nickname for former Phoenix Suns guard Kevin Johnson, who is currently
the mayor of Sacramento. And "Hondo" was Celtics legend John Havlicek's nickname. Hondo hasn't graced the Boston parquet
since 1978. Menino was referring to Celtics guard Rajon Rondo.

Menino appears to be able to laugh at himself, however. On Thursday, he tweeted: "You know it's championship season when I flub
our athletes' names! Sorry KG & Rondo, it's kind of my thing -- another Menino-ism!"
(espn)
way to go, mumbles...
Ragman

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 06:03 pm
@Region Philbis,
I seem to recall this is round #2 for Mumbles. He had another similar one re Pats team member names miscues a few years ago.

Witness his mumble-ness in operation:
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 06:22 pm
@Region Philbis,
I watched that game. Mercy! The whole team seems loaded with rabbits that can shoot and defend. They made a good team like the Spurs looks like they're stuck in molasses. I think that Thunder had/have matured and this is their year! Hell, I recall seeing Perkins dribble and run the floor and pass to start a fast-break. He never did that with Celts.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 08:14 am

this team always has to do it the hard way.
in a way i'm glad lebron went off in game 6 -- doubt he goes for another 45 tomorrow night...
Ragman

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 08:24 am
@Region Philbis,
I would like to say win or lose, they couldn't make me prouder. However, I'd be lying if I said that I won't be really disappointed if they lose 'cause this Heat team is/are beatable. I'd love to see them go into Miami for this Game 7 and take it to them.

Big 4 - ROAR, one mighty roar!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 08:37 am
@Region Philbis,
Let me not mislead with my previous post by my lopsided fan appreciation of the Celts. I appreciate the spectacular performance from LeBron last night. LeBeron added greatly to his legacy. It was one of the single greatest clutch performances in the last 50 years! One person beat a whole team last night.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 08:42 am
@Ragman,

hopefully pierce returns the favor... Mr. Green
Ragman

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 08:57 am
@Region Philbis,
If anyone can rally for a 7th game, it's him. If a man can rally beyond his physical problems and that grim reaper of athletic skills, it's Pierce. I predict he'll get 18+ points.

I think back in time to that off-season serious stabbing (11 times) of Pierce in 2000. He came back and Pierce was the only Celtic to start all 82 games in the 2000–01 season. His is one mentally and physically tough cookie!
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 10:12 am
@Ragman,

nice touch -- what remained of the crowd chanting "let's go CEL-tics!" in the waning moments...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 12:38 pm
Magic Johnson said last night that Father Time and Mother Nature have betrayed the Celts. I don't know if this is true but I'm hoping that Bosch and Wade and Miller and Haslem will show LaBron that they care.
And that James will face off against Durant for a true battle of MVPs