I believe in B-ball ...

snood

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 06:26 am
I can definitely testify as to the finality of serious achilles damage. A torn achilles was the main reason I had to stop running on PT tests in the Army and do an alternative event ( you could choose walking, biking or swimming; I chose the walk). I never liked Shaq much because of the way he threw his weight around, cursed opponents and touted himself. But I never denied he was definitely one of the great all-time forces in the center.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 10:22 am
@snood,

it was fun watching him for half a season.
he checked his ego at the door and fit right in...

love him or hate him, his numbers speak for themselves...
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 07:00 pm
@snood,
I know from my own surgically-repaired achilles tendon what to expect. That's what caused me to go from a long-distance (not competitive) runner to a brisk walker and cyclist. My days of marathoning ended mostle due to the upshot of this repair healed. When the body heals and repairs it, it does so in a way that makes it stiffer and less flexible. With the type of jumping and quick starts and stops an NBA center does it's not pretty.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 09:47 pm
What about them MAVS!!!!!!!!!
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 04:26 am
@snood,

a little momentum heading back to dallas...
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 06:40 am
The thing I like about this matchup is, if Dallas wins it, they will have done it on pure heart and will - because they are outmanned as far as talent, youth and strength.
Ragman

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 09:27 am
@snood,
Agreed. If the size of the heart and will of Dirk Nowitzki matter, they'll carry this to the bitter end.

However, my realistic side says this will be the Heat's in 6 games.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 09:30 am
A lotta ♥ last night. The fat lady ain't even warming up to sing.
Congrats to the Mavs.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 08:26 am
@Region Philbis,
Sports Humor

Q: Why is it that you can't ever ask LeBron James for correct change from a dollar?

A: Because he has no 4th quarter!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2011 05:30 pm

the mavs can actually wrap it up tonight...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2011 10:09 pm
Classic series: A TEAM beats two smug semi-stars on a team with no bench. Only Bosh showed up. And Terry.
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 03:02 am
@panzade,

happy campers in cleveland...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 05:27 am
Quote:
LeBron [...] said he wouldn't let it bother him that so many were so happy to see him fail.

"Absolutely not, because at the end of the day, all the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day,
they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today," James said.
"They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and
continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.

"They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself,
but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point."
(globe)

he seems rather comfortable wearing the bad guy persona...
snood

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 07:44 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Quote:
LeBron [...] said he wouldn't let it bother him that so many were so happy to see him fail.

"Absolutely not, because at the end of the day, all the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day,
they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today," James said.
"They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and
continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.

"They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself,
but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point."
(globe)

he seems rather comfortable wearing the bad guy persona...

Yup. We all have to get back to reality, LeBron. And part of your reality will be coming face to face with the inescapable fact that you were the biggest part of the failure of the Heat. In the one thing that you're good at, and the only reason anyone gives a damn about you - playing basketball; with all that "talent" and that lifestyle that you seem to think makes you better than average people - you failed bigtime when it counted the most. I like that reality.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 07:53 am
And just one more time, let's remind ourselves of the hubris that makes people root against LeBron...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-I8jQDQ7c&feature=player_embedded

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 12:02 pm
@snood,

the video has 50 likes, and 301 dislikes... Laughing
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 06:59 pm

pretty cool optical illusion...

0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 04:57 am

... got yer nose!

a broken nose and concussion for kobe.
who knew all-star games were this rough?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 04:27 pm

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x336/RegionPhilbis/rondo-trip-dub.jpg

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x336/RegionPhilbis/rondo-trip-dub-note.jpg
Ragman

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 05:35 pm
@Region Philbis,
I watched part of the game out of curiosity...to see how Celts would deal with the new Nicks and Lin-sanity.i had some social obligations and had to go half way through the 3rd qrtr. Perhaps Rajon saw this as 'must win' or maybe a showcase opportunity. He was on fire...but 17 rebounds AND 20 assists, too? My gawd!