Da Vinci Code: The Movie

material girl

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 09:30 am
God no!!! I agree

I think if they make it into a big fantasy blockbuster it will become unreal and people will pass it of as fiction(i understan some people dont think its real but its a more acceptable story than ones Ive grown up with so Im happy to believe it)
If they used not so well known/unheard of actors it will have a sense of being 'underground' giving it a sense of mystery.

I havnt sen it yet but there is Nicholas Cage film out called National Treasure (I think)It reminds me of the kind of runaround treasure seeking in TDVC.
0 Replies

rystall79

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 10:23 am
yay! I'm glad it's not just me.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 11:08 am
Who is that picture of to the left,under your name?
0 Replies

loislane17

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 01:57 pm
I am so there with you a2k'ers! All of the suggestions here before were WAAAAY better than...Tom Hanks? I mean, his voice is nearly annoying, he looks like a big ole floppy dog, not a hot chick magnet or certainly professorial.

I agree he needn't be the hollywood superstar, but it should be believable. I guess Sophie will be some bizarre casting as well.
This is highly disappointing.
0 Replies

rystall79

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 03:12 pm
material girl wrote:
Who is that picture of to the left,under your name?

She is from Return of the Jedi and is called Rystall. For more info: http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/rystall/
I've been using it as my handle all over the internet for years. I used to be a SW dork. Now I'm a Buffy dork. Embarrassed
0 Replies

loislane17

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 03:20 pm
No cause for embarrassment; I think the Buffy series took some of the most amazing chances, developed wonderful, complex and real-life themes (like mother dying etc.) and really was vastly under-rated because of the name! Embrace your Buffy Dorkdom and be proud! ;-)
0 Replies

jfs929

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 09:34 pm
Tom Hanks??????
Im sorry but I definetly did not think that they would cast Tom Hanks to be Robert Langdon. I have no doubts that he is an amazing actor but I dont think this role suits him nor do I think it will do him justice. When I think of Tom Hanks I think of a "cast away" "krackosian", definetly not even close to the way I pictured Robert Langdon. Does anyone here agree with me????? What were they thinking??
How about:
Robert- Clint Eastwood
Sophie- Catherine Zeta Jones
~I think theyve worked together before though.

-Jess
0 Replies

jfs929

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 09:37 pm
sugargirl555 wrote:
Hey, what happened to Johnny Depp? i think he would do GREAT as langdon!!!

Ha. Def not. Teeny Boppers...
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 08:27 am
Hmm, what about Nathaniel Parker? He's about 40. He plays Inspector Lynley on BBC and is sexy and smart!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/faces/images/nathaniel_parker.jpg
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 11:11 pm
nathanial parker really does look the part, although I haven't seen his acting

johhny depp, no thanks...he plays the long haired sweetheart...not sophisticated enough for this role

someone said clint eastwood? that's just crazytalk. this role requires acting beyond blank stares, confused inner thoughts...and he's just a cowboy.

now tom hanks...he doesn't look perfect for it, but he doesn't look bad for it either...and he could certainly act it. the biggest problem is simply that he is overcast and overassociated at this point...but I think he could do a fine job.

catherine zeta jones...my, I like to see her on my TV...but she could not play this part. she is simply too beautiful for the job, and couldn't play the part of a successful cryptographer...I'm not saying the woman who plays this part must be unnattractive, but she can't be blatantly gorgeous (like jones) or ditzy (like many others who are as yet unmentioned)

I think Helen Hunt could make a good Sophie...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 10:17 am
Those who think Depp is not sophisticated enough should go see "Finding Neverland."
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 10:17 am
(He's hardly teeny-bopper material anymore).
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 10:59 am
Finding Neverland did look interesting...but there are just so many versions of peter pan that I couldn't really get myself interested anymore!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 11:24 am
It's not another version of of "Peter Pan," it's about J. M. Barrie, his inspiration and family life and Depp is absolutely amazing. There was a live action "Peter Pan" earlier this year and it was the best version.
0 Replies

loislane17

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 12:27 pm
I'm with you Lightwizard--Depp may have seemed deceptively the pretty boy, but he's an excellent actor-even checking out Gilbert Grape shows you the young version could act! Now, well, now, when he's not having fun with Pirates, he's superb as in Neverland.

I hadn't thought of Nathaniel, and I do like the Inspector Lynnly's--he's quite good.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 03:15 pm
I agree, Depp is a great actor. I liked him in gilbery grape...i liked him in that black and white western movie...ive liked him in everything ive seen him actually. i just pictured the actor for the davinci code as being more british looking
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 04:37 pm
Then Pierce Brosnen may have been the ideal if he could shake of his 007 persona. He has in several films and my estimation of his acting ability has increased over the years. If only Sean Connery could travel back in time.
0 Replies

loislane17

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 05:30 pm
Depp is wonderful, but yea...the character should have a little more age on him. But Hanks. Well, soooo American. I guess I pictured him more tweedy.
Ah well, I guess it will be what it will be and we'll just have to see!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 02:28 pm
Hanks may indeed have the range to play the sophisticated and intelligent Brit.
0 Replies

rystall79

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 12:49 pm
I picture Langdon as more of a Bill Pullman type. Plain jane, kinda scruffy, but often adorable.
http://www.relaxorium.com/mindspringbs/pullman55.jpg

Or Kevin Kline, as I've mentioned for the 100th time.
Check out this Langdoness Kline pic.
0 Replies