Da Vinci Code: The Movie

catpurrson2

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 01:58 am
Langdon is supposed to be about 40 and attractive to the ladies. I'd vote for Brad Pitt who is exactly 40. Russell Crowe. Ugh! He is so greasy looking! And Julia Ormand. At least she can act and she is French. Kate Beckinsale couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.

Tom Hanks -- no way. Not enough of a "looker" for the part. James Spader (love the guy), but all of the weird roles he has played would color the perception of him.

Brosnan is too old.

I loved the book but if Crowe or Hanks get the lead, I'd probably have to pass on the movie. Neither of them fit the Langon mold.
0 Replies

GonzalezN

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 02:15 pm
Cast for Characters
Langdon - Johnny Depp
Sophie - Jullianne Moore
Silas - Shane Michael
Fache - Robert DeNiro
Bishop - Tom Hanks
Sauniere - Old professor from Hellboy
Teabing - Tim Curry
0 Replies

thehamster

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 10:03 am
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382625/
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 11:08 am
Saw that, thehamster, but no cast as of yet. Hope Ron Howard does as good a job as on "A Beautiful Mind."
0 Replies

cole1111

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 08:42 pm
if they dare use russell crowe...
RObert LAngdon: Jeff Bridges
Sophie: that french chick from bourne identity
Teabing: Michael Caine
Silas: Jeremy Irons/actually or Jake Busey was a good one, although he doesn't seem as seasoned.
Fauche: Maybe Russell Crowe for this guy, but who knows if he'd play that small of a role.
Collet: The Chaucer from a knight's tale. also Crowe's imaginary friend in a beautiful mind.

i swear they'er going to butcher this book. which would be very unfortunate.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 05:45 am
Re: Cast for Characters
GonzalezN wrote:

Silas - Shane Michael

Name doesn't ring a bell; what's he been in
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 06:35 am
There's always the perception that when a novel is adapted to film it's necessarily butchered when understandable changes are made to make it work cinematically. This makes the movie different from the book and there are really only short list of those which have been greatly successful.

"Jaws" is a classica example of the movie being as good as the book in its own way -- I actually like both the endings in their seperate viewpoint.

I was hoping Spielberg would do "DeVinci Code" because of his brilliant adaptation of Philip K. Dick's "Minority Report."
0 Replies

bertmueller

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 11:04 pm
Robert Langdon=Kevin Spacey
Sophie Neuveu=Monica Bellucci
Manuel Aringosa=Antonio Banderes
jaques Sauniere=Guy who gets hung in "Hannible"
Bezu Fache=Kiefer Sutherland
Silas=cedric the entertainer(just kidding)
0 Replies

fluffhead237

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 02:36 pm
How about Kyle MacLachlan as Langdon?
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 03:54 pm
Robert Langdon: Liam Neeson
Sophie Neveu: Bridget Fonda
Jacque Sauniere: Anthony Hopkins
Leah Teabing: Gene Hackman or Michael Caine
Silas: Willem Dafoe or Daniel Day Lewis
Archbishop: Danny Aiello
Bezu Fauche: Sam Neil
Collet: Adrian Brody or Guy Pearse
Remy: John Lithgow
0 Replies

fluffhead237

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 06:13 am
Philip Seymour Hoffman as Silas would work well too.
0 Replies

aimee t

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 07:08 pm
Two many 'big' American actors may not do justice to the book. I think that they should keep the French characters authentic - especially Sophie.
For Robert Langdon I suggest Kurt Russell as he's more unnassuming than Crowe. Clooney would spoil it for me as would Hanks.
That nasty guy from Cold Mountain would make a perfect Silas and someone mentioned Ian Holm as Teabing - excellent choice!
How about Tim Roth or Guy Pearce as Collet?

Let's hope Hollywood keeps it real!
0 Replies

Nuno Silva

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 08:18 am
Who`s best for the role
I think that Gwyneth Paltrow and Raph Fiennes are perfect for the parts of Sophie Neveau and Robert Langdon.
and more..
Silas- Russel Crowe
Sauniére-Anthony Hopskins
Fache- Gary Oldman
0 Replies

dell

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 10:11 am
Cast Picks
Robert Langdon - not sure...needs to be very carefully thought out...i think if Jack Davenport was American, he would be a good choice
Sophie Neveu - Emmanuelle Béart
Leigh Teabing - Jim Broadbent
Bezu Fache - Jean Reno
Silas - Paul Bettany or albino from 'Cold Mountain'

FYI - Sean Connery, Kate Beckinsale(who can't act to save her life!), Tom Hanks, Anthony Hopkins, Kevin Kline, Pierce Brosnan, Jake Busey, Hugh Jackman, Robert Deniro, Russell Crowe, Kevin Spacey, Donald/Keifer Sutherland......are all crap picks! There needs to be more low key actors. Oh, and if someone in the book is french, they should be french in the movie (same goes for american and british)...go figure!

And Soldano...your picks are the worst!

As I'm scanning the rest of the posts i can't believe what some of you have said!! what the hell is with your cast picks! there's so many bad choices i can't even write them all down! 'Nuno Silva' what the hell are you on!!!

'aimee t' is one of the few on here that knows what they're talking about!...good job by the way!

oh...and dont even get me started on the director!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 11:44 am
I guess your choice of Jean Reno must be flawed as Soldano's cast is the worst. Welcome to A2K and the film forum but coming aboard and calling other opinions "crap" is far from being erudite and a hair away from violating the TOS. Please read the TOS.

I like your cast BTW but who would you pick for a director without the negativity?
0 Replies

Soldano

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 05:19 pm
Quick Response to Dell
To Mr Dell wannabe Casting Director, the forum here is to air your thoughts and offer possibilities. Mocking others is pointless and unnecercary.

If you had paid attention to my post, I made mention that the story is strong enough to carry a cast of newbies quite successfully and my choices where those I had in my head whilst reading the book and placing faces to the names with the exception of Langdon who I envisaged as a younger Harrison Ford.

Just a quick note on forum etiquette, politeness goes a long way rather than a self serving elitist denegrating attitude.

However you do seem to be quite passionate about the casting so I figure you enjoyed the novel......but remember its just a light reading book nothing to get worked over (I let you in on a little secret - "It's not real")

Kindest Wishes
Soldano
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 10:00 am
It's a best seller, well written thriller and fun to read. The thematic material is nothing new as its been explored by both theologians and historians.

I think either Jonathan Demme or Ridley Scott could do a fine job of directing.
0 Replies

Soldano

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 08:01 pm
Screen Play and Director
Frank Darabont would be my choice for both, he has a real knack of getting the viewer to emphathise with the characters. Hey, Scott is no slouch either and would serve the film well.

BTW Lightwizard, there are a about 8 films unknowen to the masses made by BMW movies casting Clive Owen as the driver. These films were finanaced by BMW to show case their new cars and are directed by some of Hollywood's hottest director ie...John Woo, Scott, John Frankenheimer, Guy Ritchie ect.

The films are awesome about 7-10 minutes in length and move at a breakneck speed using big time actors e.g Gary Oldman, Robert Patrick, The President from 24, Madonna ect

A fat broadband connection is really needed here as most films are about the 100 meg size.

Give it a try....

Regards Soldano
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 08:21 am
I have those films on a free DVD sent out by BMW although I did see them with a link from AtomFilms originally. It was a high speed connection but not very good. This sort of visual demands a big screen not a postage stamp stuttering stream video.

Frank Darabont is a good possibility. I'm anxious to see if he can pull the "Mission Impossible" series out of the doldrums. The first two were standard action thrillers even though the second had some nice twists. They didn't have the intrigue and suspense of the original TV series. He's also in production on a remake of Ray Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451."
0 Replies

JIMBO220

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 02:36 pm
Da Vinci Code- My preffered cast
Robert Langdon - Anthony Stewart Head (Giles form Buffy)
Sophie Neveu - Sophie Marceau (bcoz she's actually french, plus Monica Belluci would make a better Vittoria Vetra if angels & demons is made into a film)
Silas - Jake Busey
Fauche - Gerard Depardieu
Sauniere - Richard Briers or Anthony Hopkins
0 Replies