cheating in relationship

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 08:32 pm
After 10 years of relationship and having 7 years old kid my wife cheated and then gone into depression. She is seeing psychiatrist and psychotherapist. She had seven month relationship and told me after it got over. Few months back she gone into depression and was into medication. At this stage when she was in medication she told me about her past and now she want to repair her mistake. As I like her and love her, I want to give her one chance but I feel hurt and angry with her. Whenever i make love with her i feel uncomfortable which she senses. I am currently in mix of emotion can't stay without her but also feels cheated, hurt, angry, frustrated. My financial condition is not so good. So how do I
lead a normal life with my wife and kid. Please give me sincere advice.

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 15 May, 2013 06:36 am
Can you get into couples counseling or get some help for yourself.

Cheating is really hard on a marriage, but it can weather the storm.

You need to find out if she is still into your relationship and wants it to work. Unless she's on board with you, this is not going to work.

Good luck; you need to take care of yourself right now. It sounds like she is getting help for herself, now you do the same, then talk to someone together.

sunil12a

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 02:20 am
@PUNKEY,
Thanks Punkey.......Working hard to forgive her but sad part is whole day keep thing about the issue. I am trying to be rational and logical. How really don't know how to cope with the situation. May time will heal...any one with some practical day to advice?
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 06:06 pm
@sunil12a,
Sun, the question I think is why did she feel that she needed to have an affair did you ask her? I am glad that she is seeking help because it means that she feels some what, in a bit of a mess with herself.

I often wonder. If someone cheats, why if it's a once off, not because they are a cheater on-going within their lives.

What is missing? Why did it happen and what can you both do about that to bring it back to where it was at the beginning. She will be asked these questions I am sure so perhaps you can ask yourself the same.. I think if people communicate better then they can always talk. When they stop talking, things go pear shape.

Best wishes
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 06:06 pm
@sunil12a,
Sun, the question I think is why did she feel that she needed to have an affair did you ask her? I am glad that she is seeking help because it means that she feels some what, in a bit of a mess with herself.

I often wonder. If someone cheats, why if it's a once off, not because they are a cheater on-going within their lives.

What is missing? Why did it happen and what can you both do about that to bring it back to where it was at the beginning. She will be asked these questions I am sure so perhaps you can ask yourself the same.. I think if people communicate better then they can always talk. When they stop talking, things go pear shape.

Best wishes
sunil12a

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 01:38 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
yes...she feel mess with herself. I am trying to cope. Good advice and chat with u people will help me going. Your approach is encouraging. I need advice in terms of how to forget past. How to keep myself and herself happy. I still feel hurt.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 04:23 pm
@sunil12a,
You will never, forget the past.

You have to forgive. So you can move forward.

0 Replies