The Long Expected Next Phase In DUI Law Is HERE

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 15 May, 2013 07:20 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
it is clearly a state matter.

that is why the feds said that they would refuse gas tax money to any state that refused to go to .08 Drunk
firefly

Reply Wed 15 May, 2013 08:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
You see Congress and the President pushing for a lower legal BAC level now?

You see any indication that Obama wants to get involved in that issue?

Stop beating a dead horse. You overreacted to the NTSB recommendation, your usual paranoia about the government kicked in, and you immediately went into Chicken Little mode. CIVILIZATION IS COMING TO AN END!

Then you apparently realized nothing was really going on, and nothing was happening. Laughing

You're good for laughs, Hawkeye. I'll give you that.

0 Replies

igm

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 02:20 am
@Setanta,
My last post to you was probably months ago... don't flatter yourself.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:04 am
Meaning you didn't see an opportunity in the interim. You're a pathetic case.
igm

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:14 am
@Setanta,
Meaning you're a hypocrite from time to time and a purveyor of false accusations intermittently... live with it.
Setanta

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:42 am
@igm,
No, it means you're an obsessive who can't handle any criticism of your preferred religious superstition, so your response is to lash out irrationally whenever you have the opportunity. It's hilarious to see a Buddhist accuse anyone of hypocrisy. Get over it.
igm

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 04:57 am
@Setanta,
Easy to say false accusations but of course you can't prove it... leave it there before you embarrass yourself... more.

You don't know about the 'My Friends' tab because you don't follow anyone even in decades of being on here... so I'll let you off not knowing that is the best way to follow those one finds interesting and exclude those one does not... then when one of them says something interesting to anyone else one can then go to that thread... no folks you want to follow... then you miss out on this valuable A2k tool... that says something about your nature too.
Setanta

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 07:59 am
@igm,
You really have a coherence problem. You're the one who said "false accusations," so i guess you're admitting that you can't prove it. An unexpected and refreshing candor on your part. Apparently, you are willing to embarrass yourself without let.

Able 2 Know has not been around for decades, just over ten years, as it happens. I know about the "My friends" tab, i'm simply pointing out your hypocrisy, because you definitely aren't my friend. You only use the function to follow me around in the hope of stumbling onto something you can cavil about in what i post. I don't use the function because i don't stalk people, and i come here idly when i have free moments--so "New Posts" fulfills my needs quite adequately.

It ia highly amusing that you appear to be unable to see anything other than your own ideas of what is good and useful. I accept that other people likely will do things to suit their needs, and even things that i would never do. I also accept that other people will think differently than me, and that other people may have a low opinion of me. Of course, i have no use for the opinions of anyone who thinks ill of me, but i know it's there. Here, i'll repeat this in brief for you, because you are badly in need of an intellectual mirror:

O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
Setanta

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 08:01 am
@igm,
Here, since you have a coherence problem, i'll show you when "false accusations" entered this pathetic conversation:

igm wrote:
Meaning you're a hypocrite from time to time and a purveyor of false accusations intermittently... live with it.

You crack me up.
0 Replies

igm

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 08:46 am
@Setanta,
I have many people I follow - around thirty - they are all interesting from time to time. I am able to 'follow them' and can have a synopsis in chronological order of their posts in one easy to read list. A2k calls them my friends but that is not the reason I use the resource, it is to get the 'headlines' of all thirty in a single page over several hours. You happen to be one of them... that's all. If you give an anecdote that I find grossly distasteful I remember it. Then if later you're lecturing someone in a hypocritical way on that very subject I can choose to post that anecdote if I decide to. This can't be a problem for you because you often tell others that this is a 'public' forum and anyone can say anything they wish.

You've not backed up anything you've said about me in these posts... why? Because they're 'all' false accusations. That’s how you operate. As for your comments on Buddhism… you are talking about something you know nothing about… if you did then what you said about it would matter… it doesn’t. So based on that why would I ‘stalk’ you… you are so full of yourself… I simply catch what you say on my ‘Following list’ aka ‘My Friends list’ and your right your not because I choose my friends carefully… your just one of thirty that I follow… end of.
Setanta

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 09:05 am
@igm,
Right, you deny that you follow me around, while you describe how you follow me around. As for you Buddhist bullshit, why should i waste any time looking up quotes when anyone who has read your religious propaganda has seen it for themselves? Buddhism (including that "Western tantric Buddhism bullshit) is superstition, and it enrages you to have anyone point that out to you. (It also enrages you when i point out to you that the Dalai Lama is a pig.)

It's not a problem for me, i don't give a rat's ass what you say about me. I am just taking the opportunity to point out what you're doing. Get over it.
igm

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 09:12 am
@Setanta,
OT again Laughing but I'm soooo... enraged Laughing .... not.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 09:17 am
Sure, Bubba, whatever you say. I see you can't stop yourself from responding. That's OK by me, i'll be here for the afternoon, although i don't waste any time looking in here if i've got important things to do . . . you know, like making lunch, clipping my nails, making a cup of coffee.

Have fun, clown.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 09:27 am
Hawkeye, you're really proving yourself to be a sociopathic asshole. I see absolutely no reason my life should be put in danger by someone who gets their jollies by drinking and then driving--and it has been, twice. My car was hit at a stop sign in a snowstorm by someonecoming the other wayand veering, and it would have been worse had I not jammed it in reverse and backed quickly. Her car reeked when we exchanged info. And in stop-and-go traffic moving slowly, the woman in the left lane--and we were nearly parallel--veered suddenly across me in the right lane, and into a gas station. She probably missedme by less than a foot, because I panic-hit the brakes.She wasn't even getting gas--she just sat there well past the pumps. I was ripshit and got out and yelled at her about it--and she was incoherent and reeked. A couple weeks later, a woman of about the same age from Somerville (where this happened) was involved in a double fatality accident while DUI on Cape Cod. Always wondered if it was the same person.

If you want to drink and pass out under the potted palms with puke down your front, be my guest. If you want to drink and drive, go to hell. If you, as you apparently do, serve people who drink and drive, go to the deepest, hottest cicrcles of hell.
Setanta

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 09:37 am
@MontereyJack,
Word.
0 Replies

igm

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 09:38 am
@Setanta,
You too... and my best wishes to you and your family...
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 09:38 am
IIn Germany and Belgium, above .05 you're DUI.
In Sweden, it's .02
In Japan, it's 0, that's zero, zip, nada.
It's about time we learned something from other first world industrial democracies for a change.
From the NHTSA, via WSJ:
Quote:
-.02: A decline in visual function and ability to multitask

-.05: Coordination declines, steering gets more difficult and response to emergency driving situations is reduced

-.08: Short-term memory loss, lower capacity to process information and impaired perception

-.10: Ability to stay in one’s lane and brake at the right time is reduced

-.15: “Substantial impairment in vehicle control, attention to driving task, and in necessary visual and auditory information processing”

.o5, hell no, way too high. hawkeye, you're a maroon.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 09:41 am
Hehehehehehehe . . .

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 10:13 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Hawkeye, you're really proving yourself to be a sociopathic asshole.

according to you I already had done that when I publicly supported the citizens right to smoke cigs.....
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 11:37 am
kinda reinforcing the point, aren't you?