Is it time to make adult children accountable for their actions?

Roberts-USN

Reply Mon 20 May, 2013 01:58 pm
@PUNKEY,
Thanks everyone for the advice. Now that it's been a couple weeks, I feel better about everything. My daughters have not called nor sent any text messages since I was in town. I'm okay with that because I know I didn't do anything wrong and it's their problem. I sent the baby's birthday card through the mail and the gifts were returned to the store. I was able to see pictures of the "BYOB Bonfire bash" that I opted not to go to and I see my wife and I didn't miss out on anything huge. It was mostly my ex-wife's family and only about 25 of the 120 people invited showed up. It was cold and cloudy and my ex's family sitting around drinking beer. That's not the best kind of party for me to attend since her and I don't usually get along well and with the alcohol involved, things could have really been a disaster for baby's first party. Again, thanks for the advice and I'll continue working on my relationship with my daughters.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 May, 2013 02:22 pm
@Roberts-USN,
Right there is a peek at the dynamics of drama, asking 125 people to baby's first birthday party. As most know, most of us don't remember a lot about when we turned one year old. The last person the extravaganza is for is the baby. I don't mean a baby shouldn't be well loved, just that this whole scenario is about something else re needs of parents.

Anyway, be well yourself, Roberts; glad you joined a2k.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 25 May, 2013 07:07 pm
@Roberts-USN,
Out of curiosity, Y did u choose to identify yourself with the Navy
in this forum ( if u don't mind my asking ) ?

David
glitterbag

Reply Sat 25 May, 2013 07:59 pm
@Roberts-USN,
We have a similar situation with DIL, I will respond later after I gather my thoughts. You are not alone, but I'm getting a little old to allow spoiled princesses ruin my day, didn't like princess behavior when I was young, my father would have discouraged it anyway. Short answer, spend time with middle daughter, sounds like she is isolated from the approval your ex lavished on the two other daughters. Don't complain about shabby behavior to middle daughter, but allow her to vent when she feels like it. You know how it stings when your daughters with hold affection, she feels the sting as well. Back later, and please don't answer Om question about your sig line. Trust me on this one. You can click on anyone's name and be guided to other posts they are on. Sometimes it helps to read what has been written. Especially on Memorial Day weekend.
0 Replies

Roberts-USN

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 04:34 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID, there is no motive for my screen name. I'm proud of the career I retired from and it's the same as my email addy so I don't have to remember another name and password.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 05:16 pm
@Roberts-USN,
Roberts-USN wrote:
OmSigDAVID, there is no motive for my screen name.
I'm proud of the career I retired from
Thank u for your, service, Mr. Roberts.
Did u put your 20 years in ?

Roberts-USN wrote:
it's the same as my email addy so I don't have to remember another name and password.
Yes! That s how I got MY screen name !
WELCOME to the forum.

I was a little taken aback
that someone had implied an objection
to my raising the question. I was curious.

Did u see the movie that bears your name ?

David
0 Replies