im afraid of next year;a bully in disguise

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 12:17 am
Its this girl I use to be firends with before I realized she was a spoiled child.she still believes that we are friends,although i dislike her with a passion. She's almost 17,and i am 17.But she's such a child,and does whatever she likes.

she gets all upset and emo because she can't handle not getting her way. Her parents have damaged her by not letting her grow up.Of course,like a child, nothing she does is wrong.everyone else is mean.she whines and cries,and purposely puts people down. Her parents have always given her whatever she wanted and she cried and whined exactly like a child because she was the youngest. Now she has a little sister,and her big brother has a baby,and his wife is living with them,so none of the attention is on her,and shoe doesn't know how to handle it.she constantly brags about how she's so poor,when her parents have two babies to manage,as well as getting her whatever she likes.it just isn't as MUCH as it use to be because of the babies.

She's incredibly rude and pretentious, and loves to create this 'image' that she's a lesbian,that she's emo,that she's goth,that she's a hipster,constantly blabbing about how her dad would kill her if he knew she was lesbian,talking about how she hates sex,and penis and man bodies are gross when she had a boyfriend last year,and likes to pretend she never had interest in men.in reality,she has a child-like view of people,and isnt attracted to anyone male or female becuase of her elementary school mindset.she got upset becuase my friend wouldnt date her,so she scratched up her legs and wore shorts around her to make her feel bad.

I told her this a long time ago in secret.the topic had came up,and a really emotional,secretive aptmostphere came up,and we were asking each other questions in her room. I told her-and I probably shouldve-that I had been raped before,and how my nother treated me,and how my mom is still in love with the man,and talks to him in jail.She immedietly formed a story that went 'ah, my uncle had assaulted me but ehhh...' like she couldn't think clearly,and the topic dropped.however everytime her and I together,she would tell everyone randomly that she had been assaulted when she was younger,making everyone feel awkward,and making me feel strange,because I couldn't tell them she was only saying that because of the stuff I had told her.that's not something to brag about.that's something confidential.out of all of the friends we have(like 30),only 2 know,plus her.she uses everyones weaknesses as her way of getting the most attention like its a competition to her.

she does it ot everyone,and has little concern for peoples feelings. She's acting like an 8 year old who wants attention.' My parents don't love me,my life is crashing down,all they do is care for the babies and not me, my friends are my entertainment, and ill get the stuff I want from them instead. If I wanna do whatever I feel,ill do it on them,and they'll have to except it because my life is over and I can do what I want,because I deserve it. Since I'm not loved.' This is how she thinks.

I Know im going to have to have class with her next year,i was extremely lucky not to have any this year.alot of our friends already know shes a bitch, but noone feels like telling her becuase she will literally stomp and cry and yell,or do something dramatic to that nature.im afraid of getting hurt next year all over again,and i know i will, ill just sit and smile and pretend like i like her becuase of the fact that we know the same people. Ill let her own me,and corner me off all over again becuase theres nothing i can do.

View best answer, chosen by magicstorm101
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 05:58 am
Didn't you post before? same story?

Look - this girl acts extremely disturbed. I can't believe that the school officials don't see it, too. All your real friends see it.

So why are you so attracted to all this drama?

You can WALK AWAY from her. Just because she's in one of your classes does not mean she owns you.

I am more concerned about YOU and your lack of self esteem in dealing with nutcases like her. She's just one of many dysfunctional persons who will come along during your entire lifetime. Recognize what they are and RUN the other way.
magicstorm101

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 11:58 am
@PUNKEY,
I did yes,but I wasn't sure how to delete it. Plus I left it alone for so long. Also, I tried walking away from her.she made me mad once,and that's when I dropped convesation with her. I tried not talking to her, I tried dropping her. But she immedietly made it a big deal,like I had cussed her out or something. She told all of the people we hang out with,instead of talking to me directly. Everyone asking me questions,mainly people that like her.I don't want them to know I hate her,because they'll tell her and that would make it worse. Knowing her shed start acting victimized like I threatened her or something. Eventually I had to make amends with her to tone down the constant drama.

I've triend numoerous times to get away from her,but she always manages to make drama around the issue so I can't escape it. I suppose its partly my own fault. I know I have insecurities and low self-esteem issues,like everyone,but I feel as if they're partly why I'm stuck in this.
PUNKEY
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 02:04 pm
@magicstorm101,
You don't have to answer every barking dog.
magicstorm101

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 02:43 pm
@PUNKEY,
What should I do then? :/
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 02:52 pm
@magicstorm101,
magicstorm101 wrote:

I Know im going to have to have class with her next year....

Unless there are only 2 of you in class (a seminar, a one-room schoolhouse, home schooling), you can hang out with other people during class. And, of course, pay attention, you know, all the things you're supposed to be doing in class. So hang out with other people.

She wants to hang out afterwards? You're busy, you've got homework, you have a job to go to, you have chores, you have to practice the viola, your mother is calling you, whatever.

She wants to study together? You are being tutored one-on-one by someone you pay, you work best alone, you are doing independent study, whatever.

She sees you outside of school, class and wants to hang out? You are heading home, you are grounded and can't stay, you are late for your Conversational Hindi class, whatever.

In short, be busy and be unavailable and tell a few fibs if you must but, in short, you are not going to be spending time with her.

Now, we know, all too well, that there are people who do not take these sorts of hints, but there are plenty of people who do.

If she persists and you are worried about your personal safety, make a few of these speeches in front of trusted teachers or other adults - and complain that you're being stalked and harassed if it persists.

You are entitled to hang out with who you want to - it does not have to be her, and she should not be able to bully you into consent.
magicstorm101

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 05:13 pm
@jespah,
That's actually very good advice. Smile I do not come in contact with her anytime that isn't in school anyway.

and the reason I was saying that id have class with her next year,is because there are 6 periods,and everyone of the same grade has the same group of classes.( as in juniors are all assigned to the junior teachers but have individual schedules) so I see some of the same people in 4 out of 6 classes of all juniors,so it would be hard to never have a class with her again.) However it would also be hard not to have a class with other friends too at the same time. I will take your advice and see how it works out.
0 Replies