So now I'm single...

littlek

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 01:34 pm
cha right! like that champagne would still be around!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 01:38 pm
That's okay, littlek. I'm sure you needed it.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 01:40 pm
I'm so sorry for you Fre... I mean Slappy...

Nah, but seriously...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 03:43 pm
April Fools....

Yesterday was a strange day. We're back together. All day I just felt so awful, different than other times when I've broken up with girls.

We got to talking, and I just laid everything out to her, every reason I had for breaking up with her. I realized a big reason I did it was issues I have with myself regarding this stuff, and things I need to work on for me to have a real "realationship" with anyone...if this makes any sense. The problems I did have between me and her I never really talked to her about...we are both going to work on things together. In the end I know we make each other happy, and we make a great couple. I definitely needed to open up the communications in ways.

Soz, that study you brought up actually sank in quite a bit. I've thought back to every girl I've gone out with, and there's always differences, and nobody's perfect. I can't keep acting like Seinfeld and dumping girls because their shoes don't match, or something to that effect.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts...back to the afternoon, of some Sunday beer sippage.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 03:49 pm
Hey Slappy, that's great!! I think if nothing else this will give you the tools you need to make it work when you do find the right person -- as in, either she IS the right person, or if it turns out that she isn't, you will have really worked on it and can use what you learn from that process in your next relationship.

I know just what you mean about the unmatched shoes et al. Again, that doesn't mean you need to settle -- if it ain't working, it ain't working. But I know what you mean.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 04:23 pm
Right on Slappy!
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 04:27 pm
I'm so happy.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 05:39 pm
Good to hear it, Slappy! Glad you're feeling better.
0 Replies