Are all Republicans Idiots?

RABEL222

Mon 27 May, 2013 09:00 am
@JTT,
If it was in the nature of a joke I appoligize. Went right over my head.
aaronssongs

Fri 7 Jun, 2013 04:14 pm
@BigEgo,
Pretty much...I have never encountered a Republican/conservative that I liked, or could deal with.
Ticomaya

Fri 7 Jun, 2013 11:14 pm
@aaronssongs,
We care. Really, we do.
0 Replies

JTT

Sat 8 Jun, 2013 10:28 am
@RABEL222,
'Twas a joke, Rabel. No offense taken.
0 Replies

JTT

Sat 8 Jun, 2013 10:30 am
@aaronssongs,
Now you've "met" Tico. Your record is still good.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Sat 8 Jun, 2013 11:28 am
@aaronssongs,
First of all, you are making the same mistake that so many others make.
Not all conservatives are republican, and not all republicans are conservatives.

I am a conservative, and I have never hidden that.
I am not however, a repub nor am I a member of the tea party.
Those people do not meet any definition of conservative that I know, they are simply using the word conservative as a rallying point.

A true conservative wants a govt that is as small as possible, but also knows that there are things the federal govt can and must do.
A true conservative understands that personal responsibility is one of the most important things a person can learn, and wont blame the govt for their own actions.

A true conservative will lend a hand to anyone that truly needs it, but wont make a habit of supporting someone that wont at least try to help themselves.

A true conservative understands that some issues should have stayed solely a state issue, where each state passes their own laws, as long as those laws don't violate the constitution.

Don't make the mistake of blaming all conservatives for the actions of the tea party, instead try and actually understand what true conservatives believe.
I think you will be surprised to find that you would agree with much of what conservatives think.
RABEL222

Sat 8 Jun, 2013 01:18 pm
@mysteryman,
If it was up to the states only people of wealth would be able to vote in most southern and many western states. They would exclude, blacks, dagos, irish, and mexicans.

Quote:
A true conservative understands that some issues should have stayed solely a state issue, where each state passes their own laws, as long as those laws don't violate the constitution.
mysteryman

Sat 8 Jun, 2013 02:14 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
If it was up to the states only people of wealth would be able to vote in most southern and many western states. They would exclude, blacks, dagos, irish, and mexicans.

No, because the US Constitution says different, and no state can pass a law that violates the constitution.
Not withstanding your obvious racist attitude, you are just plain wrong.
Moment-in-Time

Sat 8 Jun, 2013 02:21 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:

The current Republican Party is one that desperately long for the way things used to be. Things have changed, drastically, and now the Gop is floundering, trying to turn back the clock of change. The GOP policies are not a long term strategy of survival; they are for instance trying to squelch voter registration, reducing voting days, like Rick Scott, current governor of Florida, which had the effect of energizing black voter turnout. The Republican Party attempted to steal the election for Romney in 2012 by using this tactic but their methodology only energized black and Hispanic voters; Blacks voted at a higher rates over Whites, breaking a record.

Statistical data relating to the population and particular groups within America reveals a changing shift. The Republican realize they have to appeal to minorities if they ever wish to win another election. There is deep divisional turmoil within the party over this trend because underlining the Republican Party base is a deep-seated racism. They do not look kindly at the prospect a Hispanic will one day be president of the US regardless how many generations the Latino has been in the US.

Not all Republicans are idiots but most of them, especially those from the deep south and southwest, are....but they can learn when they accept the inevitable that there is nothing constant but change.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Sat 8 Jun, 2013 02:28 pm
@mysteryman,
I'm sorry. I responded to the quote by Rabel222. Please forgive me. I've done this once before; I understand I should respond directly to the author.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sat 8 Jun, 2013 03:10 pm
@mysteryman,
States in the south are still trying to pass laws that deny the right to vote to certain groups of people usually poor and minority people who dont vote the way they want them to. If I have to post proof just let me know but most times you just disregard them if they dont fit your mind set.
mysteryman

Sat 8 Jun, 2013 04:11 pm
@RABEL222,
Do you mean voter registration laws?
Requiring people to have ID is in no way trying to dny someones right to vote.
It is more likely to protect their right to vote.
JTT

Sat 8 Jun, 2013 07:13 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:

The US is a cobbled together patchwork of unworkability.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sat 8 Jun, 2013 08:56 pm
@mysteryman,
I am 77. I can still drive and have a license. If I lose my right to drive, my license, I would have to find a way to go 20 miles to get a card saying that I have the right to do what I should already have the right to do. If the state requires identification then they should have to drive to my house to supply it. Not require me to go to them. You claim to not be a conservative but you sure talk and act like one. If it quacks like a duck ect.
JTT

Sat 8 Jun, 2013 09:17 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
Requiring people to have ID is in no way trying to dny someones right to vote.
It is more likely to protect their right to vote.

Such skewed thinking, MM. Very conservative/Republican of you.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Sun 9 Jun, 2013 09:47 am
@RABEL222,
You need to read my posts.
I have always said that I AM a conservative, I have never denied that.

However, I am not a republican or a democrat, and I am in no way connected to the tea party idiots.
I am not a member of any political party, because both parties have things I agree with and things I disagree with.

RABEL222

Sun 9 Jun, 2013 04:13 pm
@mysteryman,
I have never seen you agree with a democratic idea but many republican ideas. Like I said if it quacks like a duck.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Sun 9 Jun, 2013 07:18 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:

States in the south are still trying to pass laws that deny the right to vote to certain groups of people usually poor and minority people who dont vote the way they want them to. If I have to post proof just let me know but most times you just disregard them if they dont fit your mind set.

Hey, you're spot on, Rabel. Today I heard a snippet from some Republicans wondering how to get the Black vote. One Republican said right out "we don't want the black vote because they overwhelmingly vote Democratic."

The Republican Party's policies are so anti-minority that they could not pay African Americans to vote for them unless they are of the same mindset as Clarence Thomas, the USSC Jurist, who has been used by the GOP like a $20 dollar whore, similarly to Condoleezza Rice, the House pet for the GOP inside Bush Jr administration.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Sun 9 Jun, 2013 07:41 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:

Don't make the mistake of blaming all conservatives for the actions of the tea party, instead try and actually understand what true conservatives believe.

Michelle Bachmann is the Chairwoman of the Tea Party and moved that pile of manure into the Republican Party proper. The Tea Party is now the basic foundation of the GOP and the Speaker of the House, John Boehner is in the grip of this garbage. No thinking American looks at the Republican Party with any kind of respect, and in fact, the GOP is scorned. Its poll ratings are in the single digit. One cannot help but think the Republican Party proper is controlled by the Tea Party who threatens those opposed to its plans with a primary against them.

Quote:
I think you will be surprised to find that you would agree with much of what conservatives think.

Mysteryman, I'm unable to speak for the other poster to whom your post is meant, but personally, I'm a Liberal with a capital *L* and there just *AIN'T* nothing I will ever agree with the Republicans on.
0 Replies

revelette

Tue 18 Jun, 2013 09:24 am
With all that is going on in the world and given what happened last 2012 election, why are republicans still making comments about rapes and concentrating on limiting abortions?

Quote:
“Before, when my friends on the left side of the aisle here tried to make rape and incest the subject — because, you know, the incidence of rape resulting in pregnancy are very low,” Franks said

Franks continued: “But when you make that exception, there’s usually a requirement to report the rape within 48 hours. And in this case that’s impossible because this is in the sixth month of gestation. And that’s what completely negates and vitiates the purpose for such an amendment.”

Democrats on the committee, including Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.), responded by pointing to similar comments made by then-Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) in his 2012 Senate campaign. Akin suggested that the female body can prevent pregnancy from occurring after a “legitimate rape” — a claim that is not backed up by scientific research and for which Akin apologized.

“I just find it astonishing to hear a phrase repeated that the incidence of pregnancy from rape is low,” Lofgren said. “There’s no scientific basis for that. And the idea that the Republican men on this committee can tell the women of America that they have to carry to term the product of a rape is outrageous.”

As the Post’s Sarah Kliff noted at the time of Akin’s comments, a 2003 study from St. Lawrence University actually found that pregnancy results from rape significantly more often it does in other cases.

A 2011 study from San Francisco State University found that, in Colombia, “female youth who have experienced sexual violence report significantly higher levels of unintended pregnancy and unmet need for contraception and lower levels of current modern contraceptive use compared to those who have not experienced sexual violence.”

source

Franks comments were not exactly a repeat of Adkins comments, nevertheless they were just as without facts as Adkins. Why do the republicans want to keep focusing on these same positions?