John Kerry: Rude, Arrogant, and Foul-Mouthed

roverroad

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 06:53 pm
hobitbob wrote:
Idaho has mountains? Shocked

where I come from they call them hills, but here they call them mountains.

I'm used to looking at Mt Hood in Portland. 16,000 foot peek. I think the highest peek in Idaho is about 5000 feet. That's just a guess, but there's no significant mountain range here. It's good enough to snowboard I guess.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 06:56 pm
blatham wrote:

Just to correct the record, Idaho is in fact a very fine place to ski. Good hills (Sun Valley, for example) and lovely dry snow.

Only the rich can ski there. Britney Spirs, Bruce Willis, Tom Hanks all have homes up there. Who'd a thought little ole Idaho would have more than just potato farms.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 06:58 pm
rover

I've skiied Hood. There's some nice bits lower down, but the top of the mountain is a bore. I ski Whistler/Blackcomb mainly, but have a great affinity for the Mt. Baker area too (good tree skiing) and I actually skiied some runs with Burton when he was developing his new toy (the snowboard, for those not in the know). One of the advantages of Idaho (or anywhere that far inland) over coastal skiing like you and I have, is the drier snow.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 07:02 pm
We Coloradans snicker at your foothills! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 07:03 pm
lol
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 07:04 pm
ps...of course, one doesn't need a huge vertical to have a good ski hill, though it is a PR plus. Other factors are senior...variety of terrain, snow conditions, hill management, women.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 07:05 pm
The last several posts reassure me that the topic of this thread is getting the attention it deserves.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 07:07 pm
IF its any consolation, I swear when I fall down too.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 07:26 pm
hobitbob wrote:
We Coloradans snicker at your foothills! Twisted Evil

I snicker at our foothills too Laughing

I'm not a good ambassador to Idaho because every second I'm here I just want to get back to Oregon. So I can't imagine why people would come here to ski. But I guess there are some nice places up north of Boise. I just happen to be stuck on the edge of that treeless void that is the vast Nevada desert. So don't listen to me about Idaho, I'm just home sick.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 07:32 pm
rover...lol...and forgiven due to homesickness. I'm typing right now from some real estate that hasn't seen more than two inches of snow, nor more than ten feet of elevation change since Pangea broke apart. Born in Oregon?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 07:33 pm
Ahh...Pangaea...that lefty evolutionist lie.... Wink
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 07:42 pm
blatham wrote:
rover...lol...and forgiven due to homesickness. I'm typing right now from some real estate that hasn't seen more than two inches of snow, nor more than ten feet of elevation change since Pangea broke apart. Born in Oregon?

Laughing Yep, born and raised 31 years in the rose city. Go Blazers! We won't go there...
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 08:30 pm
And I'm born near Vancouver and have spent my years getting rained on too. Still, it is lovely country.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 09:19 pm
Even as far south as my city, not so many miles south of the Oregon border.

Which topic, set, women? mountains? universality of swearing?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 09:24 pm
The topic of the thread, Osso, that embodied in the title. It has been abandonded altogether, which is the attention it deserves.

Somehow there seems to be a sort of "cosmic" consonance to women, mountains and swearing . . . hmmmm . . .
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 07:30 pm
Re: John Kerry: Rude, Arrogant, and Foul-Mouthed
Tarantulas wrote:

George Bush is the type of man who would split his sandwich with you at lunch time just so you can find out how good it tastes. Bush is one of us, and we feel that every time we see him.

WHOA... I really hope you don't believe that tripe. Sure, Bush is "one of us"... if the "us" you refer to are multimillionaire high class connected families.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 04:33 am
Quote:
Tarantulas wrote:

George Bush is the type of man who would split his sandwich with you at lunch time just so you can find out how good it tastes. Bush is one of us, and we feel that every time we see him.

Faith-based ditto-heading. Let me make some predictions about Tarantulas:

He's a Christian and would describe himself as a fundamentalist.

He's on the mailing list of a number of organizations dedicated to the furtherance of Christian values in the governance of the state (and happy to be on those mailing lists).

He holds that the Republican Party best comprehends and forwards God's will.

His primary litmus test for a political representative is whether or not that representative expresses Christian values, and whether he has been born again.

He believes that all the cocaine George W Bush snorted between whiskeys was part of God's plan.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 08:15 am
blatham wrote:
Quote:
Tarantulas wrote:

Faith-based ditto-heading. Let me make some predictions about Tarantulas:

He's a Christian and would describe himself as a fundamentalist.

He's on the mailing list of a number of organizations dedicated to the furtherance of Christian values in the governance of the state (and happy to be on those mailing lists).

He holds that the Republican Party best comprehends and forwards God's will.

His primary litmus test for a political representative is whether or not that representative expresses Christian values, and whether he has been born again.

He believes that all the cocaine George W Bush snorted between whiskeys was part of God's plan.

Why are you discussing posters instead of posts? I am sure that is outside the guidlines of any debate put forth here.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 08:33 am
McGentric
McGentric, Gosh! could it be that dear Blatham has fallen into your quaint habit?

BBB Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 08:46 am
I give what I get, BBB. If you give me rude, boorish posts, I will respond in kind. If you insult a frind of mine, I will reply with insults in kind. Your innuendo here befuddles me as all I ever see from you is an endless stream of liberal drivel disguised as "news". Every other post from you seems to be of the variety demonstrated above.
0 Replies