John Kerry: Rude, Arrogant, and Foul-Mouthed

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 09:23 pm
I think he's right. Kerry will not be well liked by election time. Of course, with the mentality of "anyone but Bush" that's being bandied about these days, some people would vote for Saddam Hussein if he were born in the US and registered as a Democrat.

Quote:
Justin Darr, March 25, 2004

I learned some new things about John Kerry in the last few weeks. The first is that Mr. Kerry is not a very good snowboarder (he fell six times in one run). And second, he is an arrogant, self deluded jerk (he blamed his falls not on his lack of skill at a very difficult sport, but because "that son a b*tch" Secret Service Agent got in his way). Kerry's reactions to his falls while snowboarding indicate something very disturbing in his character (or lack there of). John could have said, "Yeah, I'm a better skier than snowboarder, but it's still fun." Instead he said, "I don't fall." Well excuuuuuuse me! Sure is refreshing to know that our new Democratic Nominee for the White House is immune to the forces of gravity that hold the rest of us to the planet.

Maybe Kerry should try to save some funds by floating to campaign appearances rather than taking an airplane.

Outrageous statements such as these have been the norm for all the Democratic Presidential Candidates, not just John Kerry. For most of the past year, the Democratic Primaries have made America's premier news media read like the "Weekly World News" (Bush knew about 9/11 in advance, the Lock Ness Monster Stole Dennis Kucinich's hair piece, etc").

When questioned by a spectator at a rally if Kerry could name some of the world leaders who have voiced their support for him, Kerry shouted "it's none of your business!" before he led the crowd in shouting down the gentleman.

Granted, the individual in the audience was probably a local Republican Party activist who went to the rally just to be a pain, but does that make his question less valid?

Is this what we can expect from a President Kerry?

When I hear Kerry talk, I can easily picture him sitting on the front porch of his villa in Martha's Vineyard (with his cute little country club sweater tied around his neck) shouting, "Beat it you peasants, before I call the dogs!" If John Kerry was not prepared to give the names of these alleged heads of state then, to be blunt, he should have kept his mouth shut and kept the comments out of the public arena. Even more disturbing is that fact that Kerry's belligerent reaction to questions about his comments are evidently based on his desire to either cover up a lie (i.e. Kerry never spoke to any foreign leaders, as Congressional records indicate) or he fears that if he would release the names of the leaders it would cause him embarrassment.

It is far too easy to write Kerry off as a liar in this situation. After all, he is a Liberal who was talking to a bunch of us "proletarians". He probably just figured that we were not educated or sophisticated enough to question anything he would say. He would never try such shenanigans with the French! But what if he is not lying? I am willing to bet that any list of John Kerry's foreign endorsements would read like a "Who's Who" of the Axis of Evil.

Maybe international terrorists will start wearing "Kerry for President" T-shirts over their suicide bomb belts.

John Kerry has managed to pull together a fine group of professionals to run his Campaign.

They must have ripped their hair out when they heard Kerry say, "I voted for [the funding of our troops in Iraq] before I voted against it." What? No wonder they sent him on a vacation. But Kerry's problems are not something a few days in Idaho can cure.

This statement is just another example of a man who is psychologically incapable accepting the consequences of his actions. It is George Bush's fault that he voted against giving our troops the funds they needed to complete their work in Iraq. He really wanted to support the troops, but evidently not as much as he wanted to raise our taxes. Bush refused to raise taxes, so Kerry decided that the troops would suffer (and this guy claims to be a veteran?).

John Kerry is a narcissistic egomaniac. He has morphed himself so many times over the course of his career that even he no longer knows what he really believes. However, the one common theme that emerges from interviews conducted even thirty years ago is John Kerry's all consuming ambition and arrogance.

In Kerry's mind, he has never made a mistake. Everything negative that has ever occurred to him is someone else's fault.

He is right, everyone else is wrong. That is why he feels he must be President. In the Kerry mind, those who get in the way of his election must be crooks, liars, and scoundrels maliciously bent on denying America the benefits of his enlightened leadership. As the Presidential race moves on this flaw in Kerry will become ever more apparent. It is only a matter of time until Kerry erupts into a fowl mouthed tirade on an unsuspecting intern for "insolence" after spilling some coffee on his lapel before a speech.

Do Americans really want a person of this disposition in the White House?

George Bush is the type of man who would split his sandwich with you at lunch time just so you can find out how good it tastes. Bush is one of us, and we feel that every time we see him. John Kerry claims that he does not fall, George Bush admits that he ate pretzels like a hog while watching a football game and choked.

Who would you rather visit for a weekend? Despite whatever political pundits may say, Americans vote for the person they like the most when electing a President. By the time the November Election arrives, the public will not like Kerry.

Truth News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,146 • Replies: 60
No top replies

suzy

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 09:36 pm
"some people would vote for Saddam Hussein if he were born in the US and registered as a Democrat."
That's getting old.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 09:37 pm
Really? I had never heard it before. I thought I made it up! Laughing
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 09:53 pm
Tarantulas

You continual posting of extreme right wing screeds is simply propaganda. It isn't worthwhile and it demonstrates more about you than you likely realize.

The entire piece is an ad hominem argument. Of what relevance is six falls on a ski run? And how well does this writer snowboard? Or how well do you, for that matter?

As to your heading...'foul-mouthed'...let me remind you of DiIulio's recounting (you'll recall that he was the Republican christian that Bush put in charge of the faith-based initiatives, and who resigned) of Carl Rove's voice yelling from his office, "You tell that him that we are going to fuk him like he's never been fuked before!"
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 10:04 pm
Re: John Kerry: Rude, Arrogant, and Foul-Mouthed
I like Kerry, he seems like a president. Bush never seemed like a president. I think many truthes about Bush will surface by election day and people will see that Kerry is the better man overall. When he's caught on take candidly he seems like he has the opinions of the average American. Many of us think the GOP is made up of the most crooked people. You have to admit one thing. Most people who are crooked themselves wouldn't make a statement like that. Kerry is definitely the better man.

Also, Kerry has a good speaking voice. That's good for the job. When Bush speaks in his scratchy underpowered voice I just want to curl up in the fetal position.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 10:08 pm
Give it a rest Blatham unless you are willing to give equal criticism to the endless stream of liberal sewage that BBB, Pistoff, and now Titus bring to the table.

We can do without your input if you feel you can add nothing to the thread. I am sick to death of the continual attacks that people like you try every time a conservative comes to this board. You spoke of growing up on a different thread, why not follow your own advice and try bringing some maturity to the table instead of the crap you brought to this thread.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 10:12 pm
Carl Rove isn't running for President, is he? And that's not "my" heading - it's the title of the article.

The point of the article is that after the public really gets to know John Kerry, they aren't going to like him. The six falls and the snowboarding skill makes no difference in a Presidential campaign. The verbal abuse of a government employee who is there to protect him makes a big difference.

In reference to the "extreme right wing screeds," you are free to ignore my posts if you dislike my viewpoint. But please don't try to label any conservative viewpoint as propaganda. I haven't complained about the continual Bush-bashing here, have I? No, and I won't, because everyone has a right to his own opinion.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 10:25 pm
Quote:
The six falls and the snowboarding skill makes no difference in a Presidential campaign.

No kidding. So why does the writer head his piece with the irrelevant derrogation? To forward rational discourse? And that is exactly what your quoted piece doesn't forward, being a series of ad hominems. That makes it propaganda.

McG

You know, I'd have some sympathy for you if I had some evidence that you bothered to read or study beyond a very narrow band of political commentary and rhetoric. Yesterday, you made some comment on Clarke's testimony, and I inquired if you had watched the hearings. You hadn't (a matter of work, you said). Fine. Have you read them? Have you read Clarke's book?
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 10:30 pm
Hey people, It's just the internet. Nothing to get pissed off about Laughing
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reading the article again, I see the six falls ARE relevant to the writer's point. They are relevant because Kerry's response to falling were to maintain that he never fell, and that it was all someone else's fault. That's not the type of person I want as a President. The first opinion is arrogant and the second is rude. And that's two thirds of the article's title.
0 Replies

McGentrix

I read every word of Clarke's testimony. I remain un-impressed.

Your hypocracy impresses me that you would say "You continual posting of extreme right wing screeds is simply propaganda. It isn't worthwhile and it demonstrates more about you than you likely realize. " and I have never heard peep one from you about the extreme leftist drivel that gets posted here day in and day out.

I will continue making whatever comments I feel, as will you, but unlike you, I will keep the arrogance where it belongs.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 10:44 pm
Quote:
I read every word of Clarke's testimony. I remain un-impressed.
Well done on the reading homework. Lousy mark on the assigned paper.

Look...I'm reading Clarke's book right now and I find it, in many ways, discomfiting regarding certain ideas I have held. There are individuals and agencies about whom I have previously had very negative notions, but they are notions I will likely not be able to retain. This book, and less so, his testimony, provide a look into the personalities and mechanics of US intelligence, foreign service activites, and four White House administrations which none of us could have previously known. If this sort of information isn't changing your mind, then you've got a problem with a partisanship which blinds.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 11:04 pm
Blatham
Blatham, I see no reason why posters with views unlike our own shouldn't post whatever they like here. After all, freedom of speech is cherished here, isn't it?

On the other hand, everyone has the discretion to read or not read the posts of others. I'm rather selective about the amount of time I will expend reading posts of others. The choice is mine---and without discouraging anyone else's activity. Usually, I test read newcomers until I get a sense of consistency in their posting. If I find them interesting, I continue to read them. If I become bored, its ta ta.

BBB
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 11:07 pm
Ah, the voice of reason.

There's nothing more fun on a message board than discussing politics with someone who doesn't agree with your position. Most of the time it's at least entertaining, and sometimes you can learn something you didn't know before. Whatever happens, it makes you use the old noggin and do some research before you post (in most cases), and mental exercise is always a good thing.

BBB, thanks for your post. Very Happy
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 11:17 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Give it a rest Blatham unless you are willing to give equal criticism to the endless stream of liberal sewage that BBB, Pistoff, and now Titus bring to the table.

Typical, closed minded, insulting, name calling conservative you are McG. Conservatives like you, McG, would love nothing more than to silence those whose opinions differ from their own. I bet Nakita Kruchiev was a hero of yours back in the day.
Quote:
We can do without your input if you feel you can add nothing to the thread. I am sick to death of the continual attacks that people like you try every time a conservative comes to this board. You spoke of growing up on a different thread, why not follow your own advice and try bringing some maturity to the table instead of the crap you brought to this thread.

Yeah, what's the matter with you guys BBB, Pistoff, Titus and your ilk. Don't you guys know that McG has all the RIGHT answers? Pot..kettle..black McG. YOU are the attack dog here. Are you ever going to grow up and learn to get along well with others or are you going to spend your whole life looking in your underpants at your Mr. Winkie to see if he's gotten any bigger? Mr. Green
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 11:20 pm
Quote:
Typical, closed minded, insulting, name calling conservative you are McG. Conservatives like you, McG, would love nothing more than to silence those whose opinions differ from their own. I bet Nakita Kruchiev was a hero of yours back in the day.

I hope I'm not the only one who notices the dripping hypocrisy in that statement
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 11:21 pm
Quote:
Blatham, I see no reason why posters with views unlike our own shouldn't post whatever they like here. After all, freedom of speech is cherished here, isn't it?

BBB

I'm afraid you've mistaken McGentrix' claim for an accurate statement regarding my reponses to him or anyone else.

I've not suggested that anyone shut up. I'm a big fan of free speech. I'm not, however, a big fan of unreasoned discourse and of unreflected partisan cliches. When anyone wants to go very slow, and very carefully, and work out the terms of the topic, and then address the logic and evidence of claims made, I'll be happy to play that game.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 11:24 pm
Well I agree that this article is IMO completely ridiculous and very right-wing. However I admit that just as many far left-wing and IMO completely ridiculous from people such as pistoff. If you are to complain at Tarantuals you must complain at the others. As far as Im concerned, let people post whatever article they want as long as its not racist/offensive (eg "Nuke all Arabs")
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 11:25 pm
El-Diablo wrote:
Quote:

I hope I'm not the only one who notices the dripping hypocrisy in that statement

No hypocrisy there El. Just astute observation. :wink:
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 11:27 pm
Tarantulas
Tarantulas, debating someone with views unlike one's own is only fun if the parties don't engage in extreme position flame throwing. I don't enjoy and learn little from those who like to engage in verbal combat. Rather, I feel more invited into discussion with civil repartee starting somewhere close to the center and being drawn out logically to the side.

Its true, you know, that you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

BBB
0 Replies