John Kerry: Rude, Arrogant, and Foul-Mouthed

El-Diablo

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 11:28 pm
Quote:
No hypocrisy there El. Just astute observation.

No I was questioning the validity of the statement (though i disagree with it). I was saying that you called him "typical, closeminded, insulting, and name calling". And yet that sentence in itself is typical, closeminded, insulting, (definately) name calling, and overall hypocritical.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 11:30 pm
el Diablo

Frankly, I don't deal with pistoff much, finding him doctrinaire and rude.

I'm not going to pretend to a judicial elevation above personal viewpoint. There are discourse styles, and certain ideas, which I find repugnant. That's where I tend to jump in.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 11:33 pm
Fair enough
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 11:34 pm
El-Diablo wrote:
Quote:
No hypocrisy there El. Just astute observation.

No I was questioning the validity of the statement (though i disagree with it). I was saying that you called him "typical, closeminded, insulting, and name calling". And yet that sentence in itself is typical, closeminded, insulting, (definately) name calling, and overall hypocritical.

Whatever, El. Rolling Eyes

You won't see ME call another posters political views sewage the way McG did. I consider THAT offensive name calling.

BTW ~ I like KORN too.
Cool
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 11:39 pm
Hells ya Korn rocks.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 11:57 pm
doglover wrote:
You won't see ME call another posters political views sewage the way McG did. I consider THAT offensive name calling.

It's the debating that makes forums like this fun. When I get too into a subject and find my self saying things that could insult or belittle someones post I like to take a step back for a while. Sometimes I like to jerk peoples chain just for the fun of it but I like to think I don't let it get out of hand. The whole fact of the matter is that it's just the internet. No matter how hard you try you aren't going to change someones mind. So why get all upset about it.

As long as everyone accepts the fact that I'm always write and anybody who contradicts me is wrong, uninformed and flat out stupid. Just kidding... :wink:
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 12:01 am
Re: Tarantulas
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Tarantulas, debating someone with views unlike one's own is only fun if the parties don't engage in extreme position flame throwing. I don't enjoy and learn little from those who like to engage in verbal combat. Rather, I feel more invited into discussion with civil repartee starting somewhere close to the center and being drawn out logically to the side.

Its true, you know, that you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

BBB

I agree completely. The last thing I want to see is someone telling me "you are an idiot for posting this." The thing I do enjoy seeing is "I disagree with what you posted for the following reasons..." After that, the rational discussion can begin.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 12:21 am
doglover wrote:

Typical, closed minded, insulting, name calling conservative you are McG.

I hope this was an attempt at irony. Sigh.

El-Diablo,

Thanks for pointing out the hypocrisy of this statement.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 12:26 am
doglover wrote:

So you skip right to calling the people themselves the names? That's kinda like taking pride at attacking the messenger.

<parody>
"Yeah, I attack the messenger but at least I don't attack the message!"
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 08:18 am
ROFLMAO!!!!

Oh no! Kerry is a lousy snowboarder and uses profanity! Can the Republic endure?

I wonder what expletives your hero, King George the Liar uttered while trying (and failing) to stay on his Segway at Poppy and Barr's Kennebunkeport compound?

What a meaningless thread.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 08:43 am
give me a break
Give me a break. I recall that Bush used profanity in a chat with reporters on Airforce One. When the incident was published, mouthpiece Karen Hughes vigorously denied it had happened. Can't have Saint Bush look human.

At least Kerry is honest when he's caught using profanity when he was knocked to the ground in an accidental skiing collision---not just chatting.

BBB
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 08:53 am
You should've heard the #&@!%#$}!%$ out of my mouth yesterday when I realized my lawnmower was out of gas and I had to stop and drive to the service station before mowing the lawn.

Men (and women) swear -- these Bush loyalists need to grow up!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 10:23 am
Thanks for the article. I love reading ridiculous, one-sided, totally biased crap like this. It's hilarious! And the name of the site -- "TruthNews" -- oh my god, that is a riot!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 03:34 pm
doglover wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Give it a rest Blatham unless you are willing to give equal criticism to the endless stream of liberal sewage that BBB, Pistoff, and now Titus bring to the table.

Typical, closed minded, insulting, name calling conservative you are McG. Conservatives like you, McG, would love nothing more than to silence those whose opinions differ from their own. I bet Nakita Kruchiev was a hero of yours back in the day.

Maybe you should seek hormone therapy to get your keel centered. Your rant here does nothing to impress me and your overuse of bold font is very telling of your weak statements. I never said I wanted anyone silenced, I suggested that Blatham stop trying to degrade one side while the other gets away with murder.

Quote:
Quote:
We can do without your input if you feel you can add nothing to the thread. I am sick to death of the continual attacks that people like you try every time a conservative comes to this board. You spoke of growing up on a different thread, why not follow your own advice and try bringing some maturity to the table instead of the crap you brought to this thread.

Yeah, what's the matter with you guys BBB, Pistoff, Titus and your ilk. Don't you guys know that McG has all the RIGHT answers? Pot..kettle..black McG. YOU are the attack dog here. Are you ever going to grow up and learn to get along well with others or are you going to spend your whole life looking in your underpants at your Mr. Winkie to see if he's gotten any bigger? Mr. Green

Yes, you have shown your complete understanding of the whole "pot calling the kettle black" theory in this post. It's a wonderful demonstration you have given. Maybe everyone will take notes on how it's done.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 06:23 pm
Titus wrote:
Oh no! Kerry is a lousy snowboarder and uses profanity! Can the Republic endure?

To me his only downfall is picking a lame ass place like Idaho to go snowboarding. He should be banned from running just for that. There are definitely better places for this sport. I'm surprised they even let him into this state because I guarantee you that Bush will get 75% or more of the vote in Idaho.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 06:29 pm
Re: give me a break
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Give me a break. I recall that Bush used profanity in a chat with reporters on Airforce One. When the incident was published, mouthpiece Karen Hughes vigorously denied it had happened. Can't have Saint Bush look human.

At least Kerry is honest when he's caught using profanity when he was knocked to the ground in an accidental skiing collision---not just chatting.

BBB

Tucker Carlson reported, in a book or an article, Bush's frequent use of 'fuk' on a flight where Carlson and Hughes were both passengers. When that was published, Hughes called Carlson and told him it didn't happen. Carlson said, relating all of this on TV several months ago, that he'd never been lied to before in quite such a bald-faced manner.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 06:31 pm
Titus wrote:
You should've heard the #&@!%#$}!%$ out of my mouth yesterday when I realized my lawnmower was out of gas and I had to stop and drive to the service station before mowing the lawn.

Men (and women) swear -- these Bush loyalists need to grow up!

Of course, people swear. Those of you who read Clarke's book will get a good taste of just how much of it happens, even in the White House situation room.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 06:37 pm
roverroad wrote:
Titus wrote:

To me his only downfall is picking a lame ass place like Idaho to go snowboarding. He should be banned from running just for that. There are definitely better places for this sport. I'm surprised they even let him into this state because I guarantee you that Bush will get 75% or more of the vote in Idaho.

Just to correct the record, Idaho is in fact a very fine place to ski. Good hills (Sun Valley, for example) and lovely dry snow.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 06:43 pm
Idaho has mountains? Shocked
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 06:50 pm
http://www.ski-epic.com/sunvalley_images/sunvalley_townview500x400.jpg
0 Replies