How to deal with cheating

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 09:57 pm
I am writing a fictional book, and need a bit of help to decide how an event should end. I thank everyone who participates.

The main character (*Sarah) is a mother of four. Her eldest son is 22, and has been dating his 19 year old girlfriend for over a year. One day, Sarah happens to see her son's girlfriend making out with another guy. Her son has no idea of his girlfriend's affair. What should Sarah do?

*not the real name
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,561 • Replies: 9

jespah

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 07:05 am
@jadsiasun96,
You're the writer. You get to decide.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 07:11 am
@jespah,
Something tells me that this isn't actually a part of a writing project/book in the process of being written. Why would this alleged author to be feel the need to create a fake name for his fictional character?
Quote:
The main character (*Sarah) is a mother of four. Her eldest son is 22, and has been dating his 19 year old girlfriend for over a year. One day, Sarah happens to see her son's girlfriend making out with another guy. Her son has no idea of his girlfriend's affair. What should Sarah do?

*not the real name

I thinketh the OP is trying to hard for plausible deniablilty to cover her/his tuckas if the possible real world son whose girlfriend is cheating on him finds this thread on their shared computer's browser history.
jespah

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 07:17 am
@tsarstepan,
Psst we're not supposed to know.
0 Replies

jadsiasun96

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 10:03 pm
@tsarstepan,
Smile I can understand you thinking that, but it is for a book. The reason I asked the question is because I am suffering from writer's block, and my writing partner is unavailable. I also added the fake name because the character's real name is quite unique, so I don't want it to find it anywhere other than my book. Smile
Mame

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 10:20 pm
@jadsiasun96,
But why tell us it's a fake name? lol We wouldn't know any different.
jadsiasun96

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 10:50 pm
@Mame,
I guess I'm used to being honest...
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 7 May, 2013 01:29 pm
In the US, the mother would have gone over there and whipped her butt - in front of the other guy.

From where I think you are from, jadi, the mother would suffer in silence.
jadsiasun96

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 09:13 pm
@PUNKEY,
Okay. Smile
Where do you think I'm from?
0 Replies

Christie9

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 08:27 am
@jadsiasun96,
In a book I would imagine the mother would face the girl and be quite sarcastic but sharp towards the girlfriend.
0 Replies