What would the World be like if JESUS had never been Born?

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 03:39 pm
Setana

I'm both: christian and German. So you don't want that I reply here?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 03:39 pm
Hey, Boss, that was me, not Dyslexia . . . an' warn't makin' no assumptions 'bout yer provenance . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 03:40 pm
You can reply, Boss, i just wanted to dodge any incomin' rounds before they blew up my bunker . . .
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 03:41 pm
Thanks.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 03:57 pm
I'm afraid these sorts of questions are of little value. What's the point of speculating? What would the World be like if Mohammed got eaten by wolves when he was tending goats, or if Moses had been drowned in the Red Sea because God was working on GMT (God's Mean Time) and Moses was still on Egyptian time?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 04:03 pm
Steve (as 41oo)- I disagree. I am a big believer in serendipity. Sometimes when people are kicking around even an outlandish idea, some intellectual insight may come from it.

That is the theory behind brainstorming. Out of a myriad of useless information, one may find a gem of an idea.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 04:03 pm
Reuters, Luxor: Several tens of thousands of Israelite guest workers were drowned in the Red Sea today, flinging themselves with apparent abandon into the waters. A spokesman for the Chosen Peoples Liberation Front, one Aaron, commented: "We were told the waves would part for us, and we would cross dry-shod. Synchronize our sun-dials? Who knew ?" The Pharoah's Press Secretary could not be reached for comment.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 04:08 pm
In other news, Miriam's CD of all-tambourine music is #1 again this week on the "Festive Folk" charts.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 04:08 pm
i gets more and more confused.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 04:12 pm
Setanta, if all the Jews have drowned in the Red Sea due to timing error, there would be no Reuters: the founder of the agency was a Jew...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 04:14 pm
Not all of them, Boss, you'll note Aaron got away clean . . . them CPLF boys were takin' no chances . . .

"No, no, you go first . . . beauty before age . . . "
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 04:17 pm
Sorry, what does the CPLF acronym stand for?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 04:19 pm
Chosen Peoples Liberation Front . . . this is all an attempt at humor, Boss, although i'll admit it may be a bit thin . . .
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 04:21 pm
Ah, OK. I just thought this to be a conventional acronym, and even checked for it on some acronyms search site. By the way, was Aaron a Jew? I thought, it was a typical name of the American Protestants Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 04:25 pm
An English spellin' Boss, thought he was ol' Moses' right hand man, with the magic staff, etc. . . .
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 04:25 pm
Pheonix

I take your point. Though I would still prefer it if the question were phrased positively rather than in the negative e.g. "What impact has Jesus had on the World" etc.

Now if this serendipity fella had never existed.... (did he have a dog btw?)
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 04:28 pm
Well, Setanta, you are right, I have forgotten for a moment that Aaron's surname was Cohen (all the Cohens in the world believe that they are his descendants). Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 04:31 pm
So that Canajun singer fella, Leonard Cohen, he can part shallow seas an' turn walking sticks into snakes, huh? Don't blame him for keepin' that under wraps, it could get you into a lot of trouble, these days . . .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 04:44 pm
OK, take a look at this:

Link to Cohen Article

SERENDIPITY RULES!
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 04:47 pm
If Jesus hadn't been born, there would have been Three Wise Men that would have felt pretty stupid...
0 Replies