0
   

Can a President Who Has Promised to Stand with the Muslims Protect Americans? Read more: http://w

 
 
Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 07:11 am
http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/04/can_a_president_who_has_promised_to_stand_with_the_muslims_protect_americans.html

Quote:

In Obama's Audacity of Hope, he insinuated that he would stand with Muslim Americans should the political winds shift in any ugly direction." He also asserted in Bob Woodward's Obama's Wars, "We can absorb [another] terrorist attack." These are two straightforward statements that raise the question of whether a man who has been seemingly obsessed with reaching out to "the Muslim world" since taking office is capable of fulfilling his duty as commander-in-chief to keep America safe and secure.


The negative implications of Obama's time in office will be felt for decades, but one thing is clear. The U.S. President who does not recognize America's exceptionalism and who has promised to stand with Muslims has been unable to keep Americans safe from Islamic terror -- both at home and abroad. Asserting that "The Obama Years are Synonymous with Terrorism," a recent IBD editorial chronicled the terrorist attacks, both failed and successful, during Obama's term. From Little Rock and Ft. Hood to Benghazi and Boston, terrorism directed at Americans is far from waning despite Obama's never-ending claims of al-Qaeda's decimation. And unless Obama's policies of appeasement, political correctness, government dependency, leading from behind, and willful ignorance regarding the Islamic threat to the West will lead to further terrorism.....


Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/04/can_a_president_who_has_promised_to_stand_with_the_muslims_protect_americans.html#ixzz2RNzqVS1G
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
 
maxdancona
 
  3  
Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 07:34 am
@gungasnake,
There are 7 million Americans who are Muslims. A president who does not promise to stand with Muslims can not protect Americans.
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 07:37 am
A president that stands with radical islamic jihadist is a threat to America.
maxdancona
 
  4  
Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 07:42 am
@H2O MAN,
I agree with you there. A president that stands with Tim McVeigh is a threat to America.

Other than terrorists, a president should stand with Americans be they Christian, Muslim or other.
H2O MAN
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 07:58 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I agree with you there.


No need to explain any further
0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 12:24 pm
I do believe a President should stand with all Americans, be they Christian, Muslim, or Vulcan (The Vulcan "V" sign, of the two middle fingers, was a take-off on the supposedly inheritable ability, to make the sign, by the ancient Israelite Koans, aka, high priests).

However, since I have not heard the media make references to "radical Christianity," nor "radical Judaism" (a Jew that decorates a smallish 'Chanukah bush' with Christmas ornaments?), or "radical Catholicism" (Catholics that will not be surprised to meet Protestants and others in Heaven), wouldn't it be nice if our President sort of explained that something might be "wrong with the picture," so to speak, since we do hear about "radical Islam"?

In other words, like the fable the Kings New Suit of Clothes, someone should admit that only Islam seems to have the "prefix" of "radical."

So, reiterating, the President should stand with all American Muslims, but perhaps, in my opinion, ask in a warm and soothing tone why they seem to have this prefix of "radical"? Perhaps, an essay contest for the best reason why there is such a thing as "radical Islam." The winner would get to meet the President and have many nice photos taken for national media.
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 01:34 pm
@Foofie,
What about Catholics and Christians who beat up homosexuals or put bombs in abortion clinics or shoot innocent people in a Sikh temple? Do you consider them "radical"?

You ask the right question-- Why is it that when the word radical is used, it always seems to refer to Muslims? Given the number of radical acts done by Christians, it is a very good question indeed.

rosborne979
 
  1  
Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 02:13 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
Quote:

In Obama's Audacity of Hope, he insinuated that he would stand with Muslim Americans should the political winds shift in any ugly direction.

The actual quote from the book was in the context of saying that the internment of Japanese Americans during WWII was not right and that we should not make that mistake again with other ethnic groups in America (a sentiment for which I hope we can all agree).

Quote:
Actual quote from "The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]: Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  0  
Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 05:21 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

What about Catholics and Christians who beat up homosexuals or put bombs in abortion clinics or shoot innocent people in a Sikh temple? Do you consider them "radical"?

You ask the right question-- Why is it that when the word radical is used, it always seems to refer to Muslims? Given the number of radical acts done by Christians, it is a very good question indeed.




The radicals you speak of are not on my radar, so to speak, since I would not be a random target, as I might be with the radicals I speak of, now that their radicalism might have come to our shores?

In effect, radical Islam seems to have a more amorphous reach world-wide, in my opinion. So, I feel more threatened by their ideology. I never claimed to think all the world's ills can be corrected; however, if you want to anguish over all ills, go ahead.
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 05:42 pm
@Foofie,
Here are the mass killings event of last year. 88 people were killed in these events. How many of them made your radar? Did Christopher Dorner make your radar?

I think "radar" is a euphemism for something else?

Quote:
February 22, 2012—Five people were killed in at a Korean health spa in Norcross, Georgia, when a man opened fire inside the facility in an act suspected to be related to domestic violence.

February 26, 2012—Multiple gunmen began firing into a nightclub crown in Jackson, Tennessee, killing one person and injuring 20 others.

February 27, 2012—Three students at Chardon High School in rural Ohio were killed when a classmate opened fire.

March 8, 2012—Two people were killed and seven wounded at a psychiatric hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, when a gunman entered the hospital with two semiautomatic handguns and began firing.

March 31, 2012—A gunman opened fire on a crowd of mourners at a North Miami, Florida, funeral home, killing two people and injuring 12 others.

April 2, 2012—A 43-year-old former student at Oikos University in Oakland, California, walked into his former school and killed seven people, “execution-style.” Three people were wounded.

April 6, 2012—Two men went on a deadly shooting spree in Tulsa, Oklahoma, shooting black men at random in an apparently racially motivated attack. Three men died and two were wounded.

May 29, 2012—A man in Seattle, Washington, opened fire in a coffee shop and killed five people and then himself.

July 9, 2012—At a soccer tournament in Wilmington, Delaware, three people were killed, including a 16-year-old player and the event organizer, when multiple gunmen began firing shots, apparently targeting the organizer.

July 20, 2012—James Holmes enters a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises and opens fire with a semi-automatic weapon; twelve people are killed and fifty-eight are wounded.

August 5, 2012—A white supremacist and former Army veteran shot six people to death inside a Sikh temple in suburban Milwaukee, Wisconsin, before killing himself.

August 14, 2012—Three people were killed at Texas A&M University when a 35-year-old man went on a shooting rampage; one of the dead was a police officer.

September 27, 2012—A 36-year-old man who had just been laid off from Accent Signage Systems in Minneapolis, Minnesota, entered his former workplace and shot five people to death, and wounded three others before killing himself.

October 21, 2012—45-year-old Radcliffe Frankin Haughton shot three women to death, including his wife, Zina Haughton, and injured four others at a spa in Brookfield, Wisconsin, before killing himself.

December 11, 2012—A 22-year-old began shooting at random at a mall near Portland, Oregon, killing two people and then himself.

December 14, 2012—One man, and possibly more, murders a reported twenty-six people at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, including twenty children, before killing himself.






Foofie
 
  0  
Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 05:57 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Here are the mass killings events of last year. 88 people were killed in these events.

How many of them made your radar?

I think "radar" is a euphemism for something else?

Quote:
February 22, 2012—Five people were killed in at a Korean health spa in Norcross, Georgia, when a man opened fire inside the facility in an act suspected to be related to domestic violence.

February 26, 2012—Multiple gunmen began firing into a nightclub crown in Jackson, Tennessee, killing one person and injuring 20 others.

February 27, 2012—Three students at Chardon High School in rural Ohio were killed when a classmate opened fire.

March 8, 2012—Two people were killed and seven wounded at a psychiatric hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, when a gunman entered the hospital with two semiautomatic handguns and began firing.

March 31, 2012—A gunman opened fire on a crowd of mourners at a North Miami, Florida, funeral home, killing two people and injuring 12 others.

April 2, 2012—A 43-year-old former student at Oikos University in Oakland, California, walked into his former school and killed seven people, “execution-style.” Three people were wounded.

April 6, 2012—Two men went on a deadly shooting spree in Tulsa, Oklahoma, shooting black men at random in an apparently racially motivated attack. Three men died and two were wounded.

May 29, 2012—A man in Seattle, Washington, opened fire in a coffee shop and killed five people and then himself.

July 9, 2012—At a soccer tournament in Wilmington, Delaware, three people were killed, including a 16-year-old player and the event organizer, when multiple gunmen began firing shots, apparently targeting the organizer.

July 20, 2012—James Holmes enters a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises and opens fire with a semi-automatic weapon; twelve people are killed and fifty-eight are wounded.

August 5, 2012—A white supremacist and former Army veteran shot six people to death inside a Sikh temple in suburban Milwaukee, Wisconsin, before killing himself.

August 14, 2012—Three people were killed at Texas A&M University when a 35-year-old man went on a shooting rampage; one of the dead was a police officer.

September 27, 2012—A 36-year-old man who had just been laid off from Accent Signage Systems in Minneapolis, Minnesota, entered his former workplace and shot five people to death, and wounded three others before killing himself.

October 21, 2012—45-year-old Radcliffe Frankin Haughton shot three women to death, including his wife, Zina Haughton, and injured four others at a spa in Brookfield, Wisconsin, before killing himself.

December 11, 2012—A 22-year-old began shooting at random at a mall near Portland, Oregon, killing two people and then himself.

December 14, 2012—One man, and possibly more, murders a reported twenty-six people at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, including twenty children, before killing himself.



Yes. "Radar" is a euphemism for my own safety concerns. That is what radar was invented for, protecting one nation from hostile action. When did it become obligatory to be concerned about all the lawlessness in the nation? I hope you don't think I should reflect your specific degree of concern about society? I think my civil rights allow me to be as obtuse about society, as I choose, as long as I lead a lawful existence.


maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 06:10 pm
@Foofie,
Bullshit Foofie.

In the past 10 years

- About 60,000 people in the US have died from texting while driving
- About 4500 people in the US have died from falling out of bed.
- About 340 people have died from dog attacks.
- About 240 died from champagne cork accidents (yep, 2 dozen people a year)
- about 120 people in the US have died from terrorism (committed by anyone)
- about 33 people in the US have died from Islamic terrorism (committed by Muslims).

Tell me why your "radar" makes any sense?
gungasnake
 
  0  
Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 09:27 pm
@maxdancona,
Maxdumbcunta:
Quote:
Here are the mass killings event of last year. 88 people were killed in these events.


Chickenfeed. There were 500 murders in Chicago last year due to demoKKKrat infestation and people simply not knowing how to act after many decades of demoKKKrat machine politics.

Foofie
 
  0  
Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 02:48 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Bullshit Foofie...
...Tell me why your "radar" makes any sense?



We are not talking about "sense." I am talking about my civil rights to pursue a happy and lawful existence without being encumbered by your preferred focus. Can I assume you are not wearing a Roman collar?

Have a pleasant day.
0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  -2  
Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 02:51 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Maxdumbcunta:
Quote:
Here are the mass killings event of last year. 88 people were killed in these events.


Chickenfeed. There were 500 murders in Chicago last year due to demoKKKrat infestation and people simply not knowing how to act after many decades of demoKKKrat machine politics.




Nice retort.
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 03:01 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/04/can_a_president_who_has_promised_to_stand_with_the_muslims_protect_americans.html

Quote:

In Obama's Audacity of Hope, he insinuated that he would stand with Muslim Americans should the political winds shift in any ugly direction." He also asserted in Bob Woodward's Obama's Wars, "We can absorb [another] terrorist attack." These are two straightforward statements that raise the question of whether a man who has been seemingly obsessed with reaching out to "the Muslim world" since taking office is capable of fulfilling his duty as commander-in-chief to keep America safe and secure.


The negative implications of Obama's time in office will be felt for decades, but one thing is clear. The U.S. President who does not recognize America's exceptionalism and who has promised to stand with Muslims has been unable to keep Americans safe from Islamic terror -- both at home and abroad. Asserting that "The Obama Years are Synonymous with Terrorism," a recent IBD editorial chronicled the terrorist attacks, both failed and successful, during Obama's term. From Little Rock and Ft. Hood to Benghazi and Boston, terrorism directed at Americans is far from waning despite Obama's never-ending claims of al-Qaeda's decimation. And unless Obama's policies of appeasement, political correctness, government dependency, leading from behind, and willful ignorance regarding the Islamic threat to the West will lead to further terrorism.....


Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/04/can_a_president_who_has_promised_to_stand_with_the_muslims_protect_americans.html#ixzz2RNzqVS1G
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook



Maybe Obama should just pack up and go home.
maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 04:36 pm
@H2O MAN,
When his second term is over, and Hillary is ready to move in, he will.
0 Replies
 
NSFW (view)
Rickoshay75
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 12:29 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/04/can_a_president_who_has_promised_to_stand_with_the_muslims_protect_americans.html

Quote:

In Obama's Audacity of Hope, he insinuated that he would stand with Muslim Americans should the political winds shift in any ugly direction." He also asserted in Bob Woodward's Obama's Wars, "We can absorb [another] terrorist attack." These are two straightforward statements that raise the question of whether a man who has been seemingly obsessed with reaching out to "the Muslim world" since taking office is capable of fulfilling his duty as commander-in-chief to keep America safe and secure.

All you are doing is taking the word of Republican heads and believing their TV clips, next time listen to Obama's complete message before you make fool of yourself.


The negative implications of Obama's time in office will be felt for decades, but one thing is clear. The U.S. President who does not recognize America's exceptionalism and who has promised to stand with Muslims has been unable to keep Americans safe from Islamic terror -- both at home and abroad. Asserting that "The Obama Years are Synonymous with Terrorism," a recent IBD editorial chronicled the terrorist attacks, both failed and successful, during Obama's term. From Little Rock and Ft. Hood to Benghazi and Boston, terrorism directed at Americans is far from waning despite Obama's never-ending claims of al-Qaeda's decimation. And unless Obama's policies of appeasement, political correctness, government dependency, leading from behind, and willful ignorance regarding the Islamic threat to the West will lead to further terrorism.....


Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/04/can_a_president_who_has_promised_to_stand_with_the_muslims_protect_americans.html#ixzz2RNzqVS1G
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

0 Replies
 
 

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Can a President Who Has Promised to Stand with the Muslims Protect Americans? Read more: http://w
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 11/18/2019 at 01:20:00