was fooling around with my bf AM I PREGNANT PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 08:46 am
My name is jasmine I'm 18 years old 1 month ago I started fooling around with my bf I'm still a virgin but really all we did is rubbing his "thing" on my vagina while wearing a condom , he didn't put his hands inside , his "thing" never touched me after ejaculation . I don't think the condom slipped out or broke.
But now I'm REALLY WORRIED that I might be pregnant!
Because after what happened between us and before 10 days of my period I got a small spot of blood ! It was light red and I continued for a day and a half then turned to brown spot and that's it . I've read that this might be a sign of being pregnant so am I ??, I'm a VIRGIN Sad How high my chances are?!
Ps: I can't take w pregnancy test as it is not available in my area , I also can't go to a doctor Sad PLEASEEEEE HELP

jespah

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 09:00 am
@jasmine2314,
Okay, whoa, time out. Panicking can keep you from getting your period. A pain in the ass, but true. So calm the **** down (BTW, for anyone who thinks I am being overly harsh here, I have been there, done that, when it comes to these kinds of scares. Panicking helps no one).

As for being unable to go to a doctor, you will need to if you really are pregnant, yes? So do this. There are of course doctors in your area. There may even be Planned Parenthood. Go to them. Take a bus, say you're visiting a friend, whatever. I don't care how you get there.

If you are still living with your folks, ask to see your doctor. They may ask why. If you really, really, really can't tell them, then (and I hate this sort of deception, but I would much rather see you get to a doctor if you need to) tell a white lie and say you're getting headaches.

Your doctor and you have what is called physician-patient privilege. Your doctor can lose his or her license if that is unnecessarily breached. And an unnecessary breach includes telling your parents. So do this.

While there, it is highly likely that you will have already gotten your period, as it is highly likely that you are not pregnant.

HOWEVER,

go anyway.

Why? Because you need to get information on how your body works, and how to prevent pregnancy. You're using a condom. That's great! But it is not the best birth control out there. So get something better, and learn more about your cycle, when you are likely to be fertile, etc.

If you don't live with your folks, then go to your regular doctor. If you cannot afford one, there are clinics and, if all else fails (and I mean ALL) there is the Emergency Room.

The good news is that it is highly likely that you are not pregnant.

The bad news is that you need to be better educated on your birth control options and how your body works, and what can cause pregnancy and how to deal with it if you ever become pregnant.

You are over 18 and you need to be responsible in this area. It would be best if your boyfriend were to come along with you to the doctor or clinic as he should be educated, too, and he should support you. But if he will not go, go alone. This is your life we are talking about, and your choices. You are an adult in the eyes of the law and you need to own up to your choices.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 09:16 am
Great advice, and the only two questions I would ask before going ahead with it all would be:

What religion are you? (The name Jasmine would suggest muslim?)
What country do you live in? (I'm thinking about the Doctor/confidentiality versus Family honour thing.

It may be that Jasmine has well founded fears regarding talking this thing through with her Doctor, considering the possible cultural ramifications.
I may be wrong, and hopefully I am, but you never know....
jasmine2314

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 09:26 am
@jespah,
Thanks for the great advice but i really can't go to a doctor and describe what happened .. i live in a very strict area Sad i just wanna know can i get pregnant only from that?
0 Replies

jasmine2314

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 09:27 am
@Lordyaswas,
Yes you're right . But I just need help i'm terribly worried
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 09:39 am
@jasmine2314,
You didn't say which country.

If you live anywhere in the "west" (you know what I mean), you should have access to confidential counselling, either from your Doc or some sort of clinic or agency where you can talk to someone and arrange a confidential check up away from your area.
If however you live somewhere usually ending in "stan", I think it would need someone who understands your cultural worries to come along and advise you.

By the sound of things, I would say false alarm, but I'm just a useless bloke in such matters.

Good luck.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 09:51 am
@Lordyaswas,
Thanks, and you're right - that is also an issue.

But West = there are ways to get doctor's care and counseling.

If things are that strict, you are going to have to be a LOT more careful. I am well aware about hormones, etc. but if it is that hard to see a doctor just to ask if you're pregnant, imagine what it would be like if you really were pregnant out of wedlock?

So you need to cool it. Yesterday.
jasmine2314

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 12:15 pm
@jespah,
i tried to go to a doctor but i couldn't .. i live in Egypt i came from a very well known , wealthy family . all the doctors in my area know my father and me
However, in Egypt you can't go to a doctor and talk about sex and pregnancy if you're not married.
i went to a doctor "a friend of my mother" the day i found blood in my underware to check if i'm still virgin i told her that i fell and found blood in my underware "of course i can't say i had sex" and my mother was with me .
after she checked she said that i'm a complete virgin she did a tv. scan after that and said that the bleeding is coming from the inside of my Uterus she thought it is because i fell but i didn't that's only what i told her .. now i only wanna know do you think i could be pregnant after what i described ?!! please i really can't even sleep!
jespah

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 12:35 pm
@jasmine2314,
I'm sorry things are like this. I am no doctor. I meant it when I said I doubted that you're pregnant. And you will also need to try to calm down, simply because stress makes periods late. It stinks and that is maddening but that is reality.

If you have vaginal bleeding that cannot be attributed to a menstrual period, then that can be a serious condition. I do not wish to alarm and panic you any more than you already are, but if you are having this happen, there is no reason why you cannot go to a doctor. I truly do not understand what the friend of your mother's meant (e. g. uterine bleeding and then apparently shrugging it off as being no big deal).

You have a body part that is unexpectedly bleeding. You are allowed to get that checked out just as surely as you are allowed to get a bleeding hand checked out, yes? Since your mother knows about the bleeding, you will need to enlist her help. Tell her that you are scared (which is the truth!) about the bleeding and you want to be checked out by a regular doctor. You don't need to get into anything else.

I mean, consider this. Your mother does not want you to bleed to death, right? You won't, but hear me out. Your mother, I suspect, would like for you to be healthy and all right. Just going to a friend, when something that looks serious has been found, well, then what? If it really is something serious, wishing it away and hoping it never comes back is not going to fix things. It's like saying, oh, you've got a broken hand, let's just go on with our lives and hope it gets better. It doesn't - it needs to be set.

I am not saying you are seriously ill - please read this carefully and do not misunderstand me. What I am saying is that if something looks suspiciously wrong, it should be checked out by a doctor, regardless of what part of you it is. After all, if you, God forbid, found a lump in your breast, would you wish it away? Would it be shameful to have a legitimate doctor treat you?

I certainly hope not.

Hang in there.

Like I said, you are highly likely to be all right. And you need to take this as a lesson and a warning and cool it with your boyfriend. The consequences for you are considerably more serious than they are for him if a close call, either now or later, turns out to be the real thing. And you need to do what you can to become educated about your body.

And again, I am sorry.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 12:48 pm
I think you learned a good lesson; don't fool around about having sex.

You're more than likely not pregnant, but remember this experience as a good learning lesson. Don't ever do that again, because it's easy to go to the next step when you're in heat.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 12:54 pm
When I was younger and dating, I experienced two episodes of missed periods. Both times, I made appointments with a doctor and by the time of the appointment, my period had finally started. Coincidentally, when I finally did become pregnant with my soon-to-be husband, I had one continuous menstrual period that lasted for 3 weeks while experiencing several other pregnancy symptoms.

Stress has a way of disrupting our body's hormone balance and can cause a delay in our menstrual cycles. The best thing you can do right now is make yourself relax. Spend the time learning more about your menstrual cycle and methods of preventing pregnancy.

Talk with your boyfriend about how you are feeling and how you both have a responsibility to not put yourselves at such risk.

If you miss a second menstrual cycle, then it is time to take it seriously and be honest with your medical provider so it can be determined whether or not you are pregnant or if something else is going on. Vaginal spotting can also be symptoms of other ailments not related to pregnancy.

Here are some articles that may help you understand more about your body:

http://pregnancy.about.com/od/amipregnant/a/missedperiod.htm

10 Reasons Your Period is Late
What to do when you have a missed period

Nothing strikes fear into the heart of any woman like a missed period, unless she is trying to get pregnant. Am I pregnant? Pregnancy is the first thing that we think of when our period is delayed. But is pregnancy the only reason for people to have a late period? Here are the 10 most common reasons that you missed your period:

Stress
Stress can affect many things in our lives, including our periods. Sometimes we're so stressed out that our body decreases the amount of a hormone (GnRH), which causes us to not ovulate or menstruate. Working with your doctor or midwife can help you figure out what you need to do to relax and get back on schedule. This can sometimes take a few months or more to work itself out.

Illness
A sudden, short illness or even a longer illness can cause your periods to be delayed. This is usually temporary. If you think this is the reason that your period is late, talk to your practitioner about when they expect your period to return.

Change in Schedules
Changing schedules can really throw off your body clock. This is particularly true if you go from days to nights at work or vice versa. If you frequently change shifts and notice a problems with regular cycles, then see if it is possible to be put on a more permanent shift or at least a shift that only varies after a lengthier time period.

Change in Medications
Perhaps you're trying a new medication and a delayed or absent period is the cause. Be sure to talk to your doctor or midwife about this side effect. It is very common with some methods of birth control. If you change medications, be sure to ask what effects this may have on your period. This is true, even if you don't think that there will be a big change.

Being Overweight
Carrying around too much weight can hormonally shift your cycles and even stop them. Most women will see a return to normal cycles and fertility with the loss of some weight, even if they are still considered overweight.

Being Underweight
If you do not have enough body fat you will not have regular periods, sometimes you can eve cause your periods to stop all together. This is called amenorrhea. Typically a weight gain will help you have your periods return. This is a frequent cause of a missed period in women who work out to an extreme or are professional athletes.

Miscalculation
The menstrual cycle varies from woman to woman. While we say that the average menstrual cycle is 28 days long, that is not true for everyone. Sometimes our period is believed to be late when in all actuality we have simply miscalculated. If you have irregular menstrual cycles, but know when you ovulate, look for your period about two weeks after you ovulate. That may help you keep an easier track of your periods.

Peri-Menopause
Peri-menopause is the period of time where you are transitioning from reproductive age to a non-reproductive age. Your periods may be lighter, heavier, more frequent or less frequent - but mostly just not normal. If you do not wish to get pregnant, be sure to continue to use birth control because you are likely to still be fertile at least some of the time.

Menopause
Menopause is when you have reached the point in your life where you will no longer ovulate or menstruate. Menopause can be a natural life event or may happen surgically through hysterectomy or through chemical such as various forms of chemotherapy.

Pregnancy
Finally! Yes, your missed period might be because you're pregnant! A simple pregnancy test can usually help you determine if you have missed your period because you are pregnant. The urine pregnancy tests and blood pregnancy tests look for the hormone hCG.

What to do next?
If you are pregnant, you should call to make a prenatal appointment with your midwife or doctor. It normally takes a bit to get you in so call right away.

If you have taken a pregnancy test and it is negative. Most tests advise you to wait another week and retest. If the second test is negative or if you have a good idea of why your period is missing, then you can and should call the doctor or midwife sooner for a physical exam. They may also do blood work and can sometimes prescribe medications to help bring on a tardy period, like Provera.

------------------------------------------------------
Am I Pregnant? Quiz

Q: Have you missed your period?

Yes
No

Q: Are your breasts sore?

Yes
No

Q: Are you more sleepy than usual?

Yes
No

Q: Are you feeling moody?

Yes
No

Q: Do you have an increase in cervical discharge?

Yes
No

Q: Have you missed more than one period?

Yes
No

Q: Do you feel movement in your lower abdomen?

Yes
No

Q: Are you having strange food cravings?

Yes
No

Q: Are you having more frequent headaches?

Yes
No

Q: Have you had any bloating?

Yes
No

Q: Have you outgrown your clothes?

Yes
No

Q: Have you had a positive pregnancy test yet?

Yes
No

------------------------------------------------------

25 Signs of Pregnancy and Pregnancy Symptoms
Do You Recognize the 25 Early Signs of Pregnancy?

If you're like everyone else you're trying to figure out what the signs of pregnancy or pregnancy symptoms are and how likely they are to mean that you are pregnant. You can ask other people, you can worry in silence, but the best thing is to read through the categories and add up the signs. The more you have the more likely you are to be pregnant.

On the chart below are 25 of the most common signs of pregnancy and what they mean. You can also click the sign to get more information on each sign of pregnancy. The three categories of pregnancy signs are: possible, probable and positive.

Pregnancy Sign Category
Missed period Possible
Unusual or abnormal period Possible
Just "feeling" pregnant Possible
Nausea and Vomiting Possible
Changes in libido Possible
Soreness of the Breasts Possible
Enlargement of the Breasts Possible
Frequent Urination Possible
Strange Cravings Possible
Fatigue Possible
Montgomery's Tubercules Possible
Skin Changes Possible
Stretch Marks Possible
Enlarging Uterus Possible
Movement Possible
Colostrum from Breasts Possible
Enlarged Abdomen Probable
Change in uterine shape Probable
Braxton Hicks Contractions Probable
Palpation of the Baby Probable
Positive Pregnancy Test Positive
Fetal Heart Tones Positive
Ultrasound Detection Positive
X-ray Detection Positive

Typically we say that pregnancy symptoms start around the sixth week of pregnancy. This is particularly true of morning sickness. This isn't because of anything strange, it's typically more related to when the hormones really ramp up or get to levels that start to produce symptoms. Or it is even more likely that the changes are so slight that you completely miss them. Feeling a bit bloated? That's easy enough to think about as normal, since many women experience this around the time of the period. The same goes for things like backache and even some cramping. Or perhaps you think you have another reason for a symptom. This is particularly true of the tiredness many women experience in the early months. You might blame it on a work out or a rough day at the office, not realizing that it's really pregnancy related.

0 Replies