Fellow Bostonians: How many of us wished we had an assault weapon last night?

JTT

Mon 22 Apr, 2013 09:39 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
You should see the little retard when he's spewing anti-Semitism.

It is not anti-Semitic to point out the crimes of Israel and express a desire that it behave in a legal and moral fashion. It is not anti-American to do the same with regard to the US.

As Noam Chomsky says,

"Anti-Americanism is a pure totalitarian concept. The very notion is idiotic."

These are lunacies thrown up by individuals trying to avoid discussing those very real issues.

Odd, and hypocritical of you that you failed to address the trap you caught yourself in yet you cast aspersions on others. Tsk tsk tsk.
oralloy

Mon 22 Apr, 2013 10:08 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
But I just posted before this one of yours that illustrates that you don't have the foggiest notion about the massive predations, the vicious onslaught of the US upon millions of innocents around the world.

You quoted some people making up false charges against the US.

Setting aside for a moment the fact that their accusations are untrue, even if what they said were the truth, their claims would not illustrate a thing about my level of knowledge.
oralloy

Mon 22 Apr, 2013 10:10 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
Y'know, oralloy, your insisting that something is the truth does not make it so. I don't think you understand that simple concept.

I've never felt any need to "make" something true. I've always found that the truth just tends to be true on its own merits.

Lustig Andrei wrote:
Just like your tiresome, constant insistence that you never lie does not make that statement necessarily true. Take a logic course sometime.

Feel free to try to point out any facts that I have wrong, if you think you can find any.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 22 Apr, 2013 10:18 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
It is not anti-Semitic to point out the crimes of Israel and express a desire that it behave in a legal and moral fashion.

No such crimes. And falsely accusing Jews of horrendous crimes is the very essence of anti-Semitism.

JTT wrote:
Odd, and hypocritical of you that you failed to address the trap you caught yourself in yet you cast aspersions on others. Tsk tsk tsk.

I'm not in any trap so far as I can see.
0 Replies

JTT

Mon 22 Apr, 2013 10:20 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
You quoted some people making up false charges against the US.

That 'some people' was a Marine who was in Fallujah, who saw that start to finish war crime that was but a small part of the massive war crime that was the illegal invasion of Iraq by the US.

What a deluded sad liar you are.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 24 Apr, 2013 12:39 pm
Yup, all we need are more guns to "protect ourselves."

http://news.yahoo.com/police-5-people-found-dead-small-ill-town-141757368.html
mysteryman

Wed 24 Apr, 2013 03:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Local radio is saying they were killed with a shotgun.
Would having a handgun in the house have prevented this? We will never know, but it might have.
cicerone imposter

Wed 24 Apr, 2013 03:58 pm
@mysteryman,
They're both considered guns.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 24 Apr, 2013 04:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I think Andrew meant it was a lie that you are retarded.
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 24 Apr, 2013 04:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
[quoteYup, all we need are more guns to "protect ourselves."][/quote]

Hmm you might be right as the 11 firearms own between my wife and I hardly seems enough for one thing we have not one long range weapon just handguns and shotguns.

A high power rifle or two seems call for to balance out our firepower but do not worry as I would never wish for a so call assault weapon as they do not have either the range[max 300 yards] or the stopping power.

The kind of weapon that can go through a car the long way and killed someone hiding behind it and reach out to a 1,ooo yards plus.

A rifle that handle a .30 at least.The same round used in the M1918 rifle better known as a bar.

Peace and home security by way of superior firepower.

Baldimo

Wed 24 Apr, 2013 05:12 pm
@DrewDad,
The stats were not in your favor. It was less then 1% percent chance of shooting someone who lives in your home. These #'s are thrown around like the BS 40% of firearms without a background check, and the 90% of people support stricter gun control laws.
BillRM

Wed 24 Apr, 2013 05:36 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
It was less then 1% percent chance of shooting someone who lives in your home.

Given that half the homes in the nation have firearms in them if the chance of a gun owning household resulting in a shooting was anything but very tiny there would not be enough medical care in the nation to treat gun shot victims.
mysteryman

Wed 24 Apr, 2013 08:41 pm
@BillRM,
I keep seeing that stat about half the homes in the country having firearms, so I have to ask, where does that come from?
0 Replies

McTag

Thu 25 Apr, 2013 01:20 am
@BillRM,

Quote:
Peace and home security by way of superior firepower.

Yes, we've seen how that works. On many sad occasions.
BillRM

Thu 25 Apr, 2013 05:50 am
@McTag,
Quote:
Yes, we've seen how that works. On many sad occasions.[\quote]

With a population of 300 millions and with roughly the same numbers of guns in the country you can surely come up with a few sad occasions however for the vast majority of households with firearms the home owners are at near zero risk to the owners in having guns in the home.

If that was not true there would not be enough medical aid in the nation to take care of the guns shots wounds.

My wife or I are not going to kill each other with the guns or have an accident with them anymore then we had for the last fifty years of so of gun ownership.
McTag

Thu 25 Apr, 2013 11:17 am
@BillRM,

Quote:
... fifty years of so of gun ownership.

What are you afraid of? Have you met it yet, in fifty years?

If not, your guns seem to keeping it away just fine.

(Having no guns works just as well for me.)
H2O MAN

Thu 25 Apr, 2013 11:24 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

Having no guns works just as well for me.

How would you feel if gun laws made personal gun ownership mandatory?
JTT

Thu 25 Apr, 2013 11:30 am
@H2O MAN,
Yes, America Is Exporting Terrorism
Why the latest WikiLeaks revelations matter.

BY PAUL R. PILLAR | AUGUST 26, 2010

This and other apparent U.S. double standards in counterterrorism, looked at through the eyes of foreign governments, raise several problems that are nicely summarized in a document in the latest WikiLeaks disclosure: an assessment by the CIA's Red Cell, a unit with a license to perform "out-of-the-box" analysis about problems and trends that would not normally be the focus of the agency's everyday analytical work. The assessment points out that the export of terrorism from the United States might make foreign partners more inclined to push back -- and would give them a stronger case in pushing back -- on counterterrorist matters on which they find the asymmetrical U.S. approach most irritating. For example, a foreign government might insist on obtaining confidential information on U.S. citizens it suspects of supporting terrorism, or even call for the rendition of a U.S. citizen. If the United States were to balk, the foreign government could refuse to cooperate in the other direction the next time the United States called for information on, or rendition of, anyone in the foreign country. Who could blame the foreign government, given that international terrorists have now shown that they can come from the United States, and not just to it?

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/08/26/yes_america_is_exporting_terrorism?page=0,1
0 Replies

McTag

Thu 25 Apr, 2013 11:39 am
@H2O MAN,

Quote:
How would you feel if gun laws made personal gun ownership mandatory?

Why do you care? Actually, I recognise that guns are seductive and attractive. I wanted one up until I was about fourteen. Then I grew up.
BillRM

Thu 25 Apr, 2013 12:32 pm
@McTag,
Quote:
What are you afraid of? Have you met it yet, in fifty years?

I have a few fire extinguishers in my home also and unlike guns they do not offer the enjoyment of going shooting as well as home protection.

Quote:
(Having no guns works just as well for me.)

Off hand I wonder if you have fire extinguishers in your home as with your mind set I would bet that your thinking is that fires will never happen to you and if they do the fire department will take care of it for you.

Take note also that I am not trying to force you to be armed however you and people like you are trying your best to disarmed those who do not wish to be disarmed.

That my wife when she was flying around the south west landings on small fields with no security or driving around on hundreds of mile trips in areas with police officers are hours away in some cases and before the era of cell phones no way to call them in any case that she should not have a mean to protected herself along with her.
0 Replies