Fellow Bostonians: How many of us wished we had an assault weapon last night?

InfraBlue

Mon 25 Nov, 2019 03:12 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:
So then, why does the military implement these features in their weaponry?

You will have to tell me that, you are the one's who have a problem with those items.

The military has a feature on their weapons that a civilian will never have, a selective fire switch, without that, the weapons of a civilian and the military are not the same.

It's not "to give the willies," as Glennn would have us believe?
Glennn

Mon 25 Nov, 2019 05:12 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
Yeah, that's Glennn's rational, as well

You were supposed to give us your rationale for believing that a pistol-grip and flash suppressor make a rifle especially dangerous. You must believe that a shift of the wrist while holding a rifle will do something monumental. So, go ahead and tell us what that something is. So far, you've tried to make the point that, since the military uses them, it must make a rifle especially dangerous. You must think that an ergonomic improvement equals something extraordinary. So go ahead and explain.

Anyway, someone posted a reference to 44 school shootings in 46 weeks, and they are using that list to push the idea that children are being slaughtered at school. So we're going to look at those "school shootings" one at a time to discover whether or not they are being exaggerated.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

A 30-year-old student was shot in the chest and killed in a Texas State Technical College housing facility. Police believe the 20-year-old shooter and the victim were involved in a relationship dispute that turned into a physical fight.

A Texas State Technical College student arrested on a murder charge early Sunday shot a fellow student in the chest with a shotgun after a two-hour argument over their relationship that turned into a physical fight.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

So, is this anyone's idea of school children being slaughtered, and a reason to ban guns?
Glennn

Mon 25 Nov, 2019 05:20 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
What is it about gun nuts and willies?

No one is talking about men's genitals anymore. But you've decided to bring it up again. I'm sure you understand what that says about who is obsessed.
RABEL222

Mon 25 Nov, 2019 05:21 pm
@Glennn,
No. But the 40 some school related shootings are a reason to look at gun laws and institute reform. Its nuts like you and others on this site who will cause a total ban on high powered guns.
Glennn

Mon 25 Nov, 2019 05:30 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
No. But the 40 some school related shootings are a reason to look at gun laws and institute reform. Its nuts like you and others on this site who will cause a total ban on high powered guns.

Actually, it's anti-gun nuts like you who will do that. For instance, one of the nuttier ones here provided a list of 44 school shooting in 46 weeks without even bothering to look at them. But that's okay. I've done all the research. So let's get back to that.
____________________________________________________________________________________

A 30-year-old student was shot in the chest and killed in a Texas State Technical College housing facility. Police believe the 20-year-old shooter and the victim were involved in a relationship dispute that turned into a physical fight.

A Texas State Technical College student arrested on a murder charge early Sunday shot a fellow student in the chest with a shotgun after a two-hour argument over their relationship that turned into a physical fight.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

So, is this your idea of school children being slaughtered, and a reason to ban guns?
izzythepush

Mon 25 Nov, 2019 05:33 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

men's genitals .
Glennn

Mon 25 Nov, 2019 06:15 pm
@izzythepush,
Why don't you produce the post from which you pulled that quote?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 11:23 am
@Glennn,
See the post just above your post.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 05:08 pm
@Glennn,
I've already explained why pistol-grips, flash suppressors and other such features make a rifle especially dangerous; it's because it makes a rifle more effective in its purpose.

Was the murder weapon a sawed-off shotgun?
BillRM

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 09:25 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

I've already explained why pistol-grips, flash suppressors and other such features make a rifle especially dangerous; it's because it makes a rifle more effective in its purpose.

Was the murder weapon a sawed-off shotgun?

Love the complete lack of logic where such adds on does not effect the working of the firearms but then banning pointless hardware on the rifles is unconstitutional for some reason.
Glennn

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 11:49 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
it's because it makes a rifle more effective in its purpose.

Yeah, you keep trying to make that point, but when asked to give an example of an instance in which a pistol-grip or flash suppressor proved to make a murder or mass murder more deadly, you come up empty handed. You need to justify your suspicion that a shift of the wrist when holding a rifle makes it especially dangerous. I won't even go into your issue with a flash suppressor because it's such a non issue.
Glennn

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 11:54 pm
@BillRM,
You really don't get it, do you? You're just another person who can't justify their suspicion that a shift of the wrist when holding a rifle makes it especially dangerous. And yet your logic dictates that unless I act in accordance with your paranoia, I'm the illogical one.
0 Replies

Glennn

Wed 27 Nov, 2019 12:00 am
Anyway, someone posted a reference to 44 school shootings in 46 weeks, and they are using that list to push the idea that children are being slaughtered at school. So we're going to look at those "school shootings" one at a time to discover whether or not they are being exaggerated.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

So, is this anyone's idea of school children being slaughtered, and a reason to ban guns?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Wed 27 Nov, 2019 05:25 pm
@Glennn,
What you're asking for is ridiculous because you'd need a controlled experiment to answer your question. That's much like the tobacco companies saying that there is no proof that smoking causes cancer because there are no controlled experiments proving that it does, that all we have are inferences.
Glennn

Wed 27 Nov, 2019 06:30 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
What you're asking for is ridiculous because you'd need a controlled experiment to answer your question.

Hmm, no controlled experiments, and yet here you are trying to make a claim that hasn't been proven. Thanks for bringing that to your attention. Looks like you're going to have to try another angle.

And your analogy fails. You're comparing tobacco smoke in lungs to pistol-grips on rifles. Bottom line is that you have yet to show that a shift of the wrist when holding a rifle makes it especially dangerous.
InfraBlue

Wed 27 Nov, 2019 11:40 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
What you're asking for is ridiculous because you'd need a controlled experiment to answer your question.

Hmm, no controlled experiments, and yet here you are trying to make a claim that hasn't been proven. Thanks for bringing that to your attention. Looks like you're going to have to try another angle.

You're making the same argument that the tobacco co.'s used. Ultimately, it failed them.

Glennn wrote:
And your analogy fails. You're comparing tobacco smoke in lungs to pistol-grips on rifles. Bottom line is that you have yet to show that a shift of the wrist when holding a rifle makes it especially dangerous.

What I'm comparing is the argument the tobacco co.'s and you are making, the lack of controlled experiments showing a causal relationship.

So what is a pistol grip on a rifle for other than to make it more effective in its purpose? Oh yeah, it's "to give the willies."
Glennn

Thu 28 Nov, 2019 08:25 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
What I'm comparing is the argument the tobacco co.'s and you are making

Yeah, and what I'm telling you is that such a comparison is patently ridiculous. I'm arguing that a shift of the wrist when holding a rifle does not make it especially dangerous. You're making the argument that since the tobacco company executives were wrong in their denial that smoke in the lungs causes cancer, I must be wrong in my denial that a pistol-grip makes a rifle especially dangerous.

However, the only evidence you have to support your unfounded and unproven claim concerning pistol-grips on rifles is that the military has rifles with pistol-grips. In essence, you are claiming that this simple ergonomic improvement is some kind of revolutionary breakthrough that dramatically turns a rifle into an especially dangerous weapon. That's hysterical.
InfraBlue

Thu 28 Nov, 2019 10:28 am
@Glennn,
And what I'm telling you is that the tobacco co.'s denial lost.

So, what does this simple ergonomic improvement improve?
Glennn

Thu 28 Nov, 2019 11:06 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
And what I'm telling you is that the tobacco co.'s denial lost.

Of course their denial failed. There were a lot of diseased and darkened lungs that couldn't be denied. You, on the other hand, have nothing to show that a shift of the wrist when holding a rifle results in more murders. Do you think that murderers would miss their targets without a pistol-grip on their rifles? If so, how do you explain all of the murderers who don't miss their targets despite the absence of a pistol-grip on their rifles?
Quote:
So, what does this simple ergonomic improvement improve?

I've been asking you that for a while now, but you still haven't answered. So I'll ask you again to explain how this simple ergonomic improvement is some kind of revolutionary breakthrough that dramatically turns a rifle into an especially dangerous weapon.
RABEL222

Thu 28 Nov, 2019 07:51 pm
@Glennn,
Post on Glenn. The more the gun nuts post the sooner that real gun control will arrive.