Fellow Bostonians: How many of us wished we had an assault weapon last night?

InfraBlue

Sun 24 Nov, 2019 12:57 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
Oh, I’m keeping up quite well with this straw man of yours

No, you are not keeping up. You have declared that a pistol-grip and flash suppressor makes a rifle especially dangerous. Asking you to explain your rationale for making such a claim is not a strawman argument. You said it, and I'm asking you to back up that claim.

Yes, I am keeping up. You have been attributing a statement to me that I have not made.

Glennn wrote:

Quote:
I’ve never said anything about “turning a rifle into something more than a rife.”

Yeah ya did. You said that a pistol-grip and a flash suppressor makes a rifle especially dangerous. That means you believe that a little shift of the wrist when holding a rifle does something. You're being asked to tell us what you think that something is. In other words, define the term "especially dangerous."

You're mischaracterizing what I said. Saying that the specific features described in The Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act make the weapons especially dangerous is not saying that these "turn a rifle into something more than a rifle." Those are your words, not mine.

Glennn wrote:
In other words, define the term "especially dangerous."

"Especially dangerous" here means "more effective" in regard to the guns' purpose.

Glennn wrote:
Same with the flash suppressor. You don't seem to understand that murders--even mass murders--committed with a rifle are done at close range. Hiding their location and intention is not anywhere on the shooter's list of priorities.

Not all murders and mass murders are committed at close range, e.g. Las Vegas. The point about banning flash suppressors is precisely about the capability of hiding a shooter's location with this feature.
InfraBlue

Sun 24 Nov, 2019 01:00 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Come on. You're playing word games here. His phrase "something more than a rifle" and your phrase "especially dangerous" convey the same meaning.

The word play is his. Perhaps in your interpretation of words it conveys the same meaning, but not in mine.
InfraBlue

Sun 24 Nov, 2019 01:01 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
Your wrongness continues unabated.

Nope. I'm not wrong about anything. You cannot provide any motivation for outlawing pistol grips other than the fact that progressives enjoy violating people's civil liberties.

You also cannot provide any evidence that any of these features make a weapon especially dangerous.

And continues...
Glennn

Sun 24 Nov, 2019 01:44 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
You have been attributing a statement to me that I have not made.

Well then let's go that route. You said that a pistol-grip and flash suppressor makes a rifle especially dangerous. So, explain your rationale for believing such a thing.
Glennn

Sun 24 Nov, 2019 01:59 pm
You're kind of holding up the discussion. Let's move on to another issue. Someone posted a reference to 44 school shootings in 46 weeks, and they are using that as a reason to ban guns. So we're going to look at those "school shootings" one at a time to discover whether or not they are being exaggerated.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

A 30-year-old student was shot in the chest and killed in a Texas State Technical College housing facility. Police believe the 20-year-old shooter and the victim were involved in a relationship dispute that turned into a physical fight.

A Texas State Technical College student arrested on a murder charge early Sunday shot a fellow student in the chest with a shotgun after a two-hour argument over their relationship that turned into a physical fight.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

So, is this anyone's idea of school children being slaughtered, and a reason to ban guns?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Sun 24 Nov, 2019 04:51 pm
@Glennn,
Jeez, reread the response you're quoting.
Glennn

Sun 24 Nov, 2019 05:03 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
Jeez, reread the response you're quoting.

Okay.
Quote:
The specific features make the weapons especially dangerous.

So now that we've established what you've said, let's have your rationale for believing that a pistol-grip and flash suppressor makes a rifle especially dangerous.
InfraBlue

Sun 24 Nov, 2019 11:33 pm
@Glennn,
Read further.
Glennn

Mon 25 Nov, 2019 08:08 am
@InfraBlue,
Why? Did you change your mind about a pistol-grip and flash suppressor making a rifle especially dangerous?
InfraBlue

Mon 25 Nov, 2019 01:49 pm
@Glennn,
Nope.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Mon 25 Nov, 2019 01:50 pm
@Glennn,
It looks scary and should be banned. They can't explain any of it, but it looks scary.
InfraBlue

Mon 25 Nov, 2019 01:51 pm
@Baldimo,
Yeah, that's Glennn's rational, as well, for the military implementing some of these features in their weaponry, "'cause it gives the willies."
izzythepush

Mon 25 Nov, 2019 02:08 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Yeah, that's Glennn's rational, as well, for the military implementing some of these features in their weaponry, "'cause it gives the willies."

What is it about gun nuts and willies?
Baldimo

Mon 25 Nov, 2019 02:10 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:

No, it's actually the rational of the left. It works exactly like any other semi-auto rifle, but looks scary, that's the reason for the ban.
InfraBlue

Mon 25 Nov, 2019 02:11 pm
@Baldimo,
So then, why does the military implement these features in their weaponry?
Baldimo

Mon 25 Nov, 2019 02:12 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
What is it about gun nuts and willies?

That is an excellent question. The anti-gun left seems to have some weird fascination with the size of gun owners dicks. This begs the question then of female gun owners, do they have a small penis as well, or do you guys talk about their small boobs? After all, that's why a woman would own a gun, to make up for her lack of big boobs...
izzythepush

Mon 25 Nov, 2019 02:14 pm
@Baldimo,
You have a weird fascination. Every time it's mentioned out you come screaming about how it's not the case at all.

Why do you feel the need to constantly go on about it?

You don't have to answer that, we all know why.
Baldimo

Mon 25 Nov, 2019 02:15 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
So then, why does the military implement these features in their weaponry?

You will have to tell me that, you are the one's who have a problem with those items.

The military has a feature on their weapons that a civilian will never have, a selective fire switch, without that, the weapons of a civilian and the military are not the same.
Baldimo

Mon 25 Nov, 2019 02:19 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You have a weird fascination. Every time it's mentioned out you come screaming about how it's not the case at all.

You are lying again, I've never "screamed" any such thing, I've asked why the left has such a obsession with gun owners dicks. After all, it's the left always talking about dicks and guns.

Quote:
Why do you feel the need to constantly go on about it?

Sorry dude, that would be the left who is always "going on about it." Why do you care about the size of another persons dick?

Quote:
You don't have to answer that, we all know why.

Nice attempt at a turn around. It's you who always talks about gun owners dicks or lack there of when it comes to firearm ownership. It is indeed an obsession with the left, why is that?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Mon 25 Nov, 2019 02:49 pm
Quote:
You are so predictable. There's two posters on A2K who go crazy whenever penis size is mentioned. You are one of them. I won't name the other one because that wouldn't be fair, btw, he's not a gun nut.

Questioning your weird obsession with other men's dicks isn't "going crazy", it's questioning your weird obsession. You responses are exposing who is really "going crazy".

Quote:
This is something I found out a long time ago when I was teaching at a boys school. The boy who goes ballistic when another kid calls his mum a whore is the one whose mum's on the game.

So what you are saying is this. You question the size of other mens dicks, so that must mean you have a small dick, you wanna know who's part of the small dick club.

Quote:
None of the other kids gave a ****.

I personally don't care, I was just wondering about the weird obsession with other dudes dicks, the anti-gun left seems to have.

Quote:
You couldn't be more obvious if you'd had your forehead tattooed.

Yeah, that's it. Asking a question about your obsession means I have a small dick? The fact you think about my dick at all is weird.
0 Replies