Fellow Bostonians: How many of us wished we had an assault weapon last night?

oralloy

Sun 10 Nov, 2019 08:29 pm
@BillRM,
There is no requirement that anything be gained by having pistol grips on rifles. If you cannot justify restricting them, then we have the right to have them.
0 Replies

Glennn

Sun 10 Nov, 2019 08:38 pm
@BillRM,
Here is a girl shooting an AR-15: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8nda8yPNbI

Here is a girl shooting an AR-15 with a bump-stock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwR9di_admE

Is it your contention that without the pistol grip, the barrel of that gun would have been pointing straight up by the time the last shot left the barrel?
Baldimo

Mon 11 Nov, 2019 11:34 am
@Glennn,
How dare you talk to them about the actual working of the weapon instead of their fairyland idea's of how they work. They are going to continue to claim it was designed for mass murder, when we all know that isn't the case, but they will continue to claim it. They will never admit to a difference between semi-auto and full auto rifles.
BillRM

Mon 11 Nov, 2019 12:36 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

How dare you talk to them about the actual working of the weapon instead of their fairyland idea's of how they work. They are going to continue to claim it was designed for mass murder, when we all know that isn't the case, but they will continue to claim it. They will never admit to a difference between semi-auto and full auto rifles.

Take note that the US military is going away from fully auto rifles so the different between a military rifle with it 3 burst mode and a civilian assault rifles with no such mode is very small indeed.

They are both design to killed masses of humans if need be with such features as large magazines and pistol grips and the cal size being pick to allow the carrying of large load outs.
Baldimo

Mon 11 Nov, 2019 12:41 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Take note that the US military is going away from fully auto rifles so the different between a military rifle with it 3 burst mode and a civilian assault rifles with no such mode is very small indeed.

Major difference between pulling the trigger one time and firing one bullet, and pulling the trigger one time and it firing 3 times. It still requires a selective fire switch, which a semi-auto rifle will never have. It's a major difference in how the weapon works.

InfraBlue

Mon 11 Nov, 2019 01:24 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Progressives are pretty good at denying reality. But there is a reason why you do not post any alternate motivation for outlawing pistol grips on semi-auto rifles.

And that reason is: There is no other motivation.

The only motivation that progressives have for outlawing pistol grips on semi-auto rifles is the joy that progressives get from violating people's civil liberties.

Your lies and name-calling are also ample evidence of your inability to defend your position using facts or logic.

I've already responded to you assertions here.

You're merely chasing your own tail.
BillW

Mon 11 Nov, 2019 01:32 pm
I have a question here to everyone, in regards to military tactical expertise, has anyone actually had experience in the bush against an actual enemy who is firing back at you?
BillRM

Mon 11 Nov, 2019 01:46 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:

Major difference between pulling the trigger one time and firing one bullet, and pulling the trigger one time and it firing 3 times. It still requires a selective fire switch, which a semi-auto rifle will never have. It's a major difference in how the weapon works.

Nonsense an the very fact that the fully auto have been removed from the basic military rifles of the US military said that fully auto or burst auto or non auto is not what made a modern military rifle a military rifle.
Baldimo

Mon 11 Nov, 2019 04:24 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Nonsense an the very fact that the fully auto have been removed from the basic military rifles of the US military said that fully auto or burst auto or non auto is not what made a modern military rifle a military rifle

Do you know why they removed full auto? It's claimed that the soldiers were going through ammo to fast, didn't have the discipline in the jungle, they just hold down the trigger. They switched them to 3-round burst a long time ago, in the 80's I believe. We were still using the M16 while I was in the Army and they had started switching over the M4 for combat units. The M4's assigned to the Chinook was a full auto rifle, these were used by the air crews in the event of an unplanned landing. As of right now, I'm told the Army and Marines have switched over to either the M4 or a M4A1, for all troops. So in reality, the military isn't even using the M16 anymore, it became outdated and obsolete and has been replaced.

If anything made anything a "modern military" it would have been the selective fire switch capability. Guess what AR15's don't have?
0 Replies

Glennn

Mon 11 Nov, 2019 04:55 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
How dare you talk to them about the actual working of the weapon instead of their fairyland idea's of how they work.

You're right. I should have broken it to him lightly, like maybe first saying that I heard tell that a heavily muscled man can fire an AR-15 with a bump-stock and the barrel will climb only halfway to the sky. And I'd work my way up to stories of average men doing the same thing, and eventually to stories of women being able to keep the barrel from climbing at all.

Then after giving him a few days to consider the ramifications of that, I'd casually mention that I have a video of some actual women firing AR-15s with no barrel climb. And then maybe the next day, I'd post the videos. And sure he'll probably claim that the video has been doctored, but I guess I can live with that.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 11 Nov, 2019 06:06 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Progressives never like it when people post facts and reality.

http://patcrosscartoons.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/the-facts1.jpg
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 11 Nov, 2019 06:07 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Exactly. 👏 (this is claimed to be a clapping hands emote)
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 11 Nov, 2019 06:08 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
I've already responded to you assertions here.

Your response left out the important detail that you responded to the lies and name-calling by joining in and participating in the lies and name-calling.

InfraBlue wrote:
You're merely chasing your own tail.

No. I am pointing out the fact that your lies and name-calling are evidence that you cannot defend your position using facts and logic.
oralloy

Mon 11 Nov, 2019 06:10 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Triple the rate of fire is a small difference?

BillRM wrote:
They are both design to killed masses of humans if need be with such features as large magazines

That is incorrect. A large magazine can be inserted into any weapon that accepts detachable magazines.

And a small magazine can be inserted into an AR-15.

BillRM wrote:
and pistol grips

Adding a pistol grip to a semi-auto rifle does not make it designed to kill masses of humans.

BillRM wrote:
and the cal size being pick to allow the carrying of large load outs.

Some people pick small calibers for varmint hunting.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 11 Nov, 2019 06:12 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Nonsense an the very fact that the fully auto have been removed from the basic military rifles of the US military said that fully auto or burst auto or non auto is not what made a modern military rifle a military rifle.

That is incorrect. The military includes burst fire on their rifles.

But even if it had actually been true that the military only uses ordinary hunting rifles, that wouldn't give you any justification for outlawing ordinary hunting rifles.
oralloy

Mon 11 Nov, 2019 07:23 pm
Tick tick tick.....

Every day that passes brings us all one day closer to December 2nd.

😎
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 11 Nov, 2019 07:31 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

BillRM wrote:

That is incorrect. The military includes burst fire on their rifles.

But even if it had actually been true that the military only uses ordinary hunting rifles, that wouldn't give you any justification for outlawing ordinary hunting rifles.

My justification for taking military what to be rifles out of the hands of the general public is the death totals of children in schools and events by nuts using those rifles.

They are not good firearms for hunting except if you are hunting humans as every design feature is taken from military weapons design for one purpose killing humans.

Sorry you do not need fifty to a hundred rounds weapons to hunt any kind of game that ever live but for humans.

Nor do you need to used rounds that are of a small cal so you can carry hundreds of rounds on hunting trips.

oralloy

Mon 11 Nov, 2019 07:56 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
My justification for taking military what to be rifles out of the hands of the general public is the death totals of children in schools and events by nuts using those rifles.

Your justification fails on the fact that you cannot establish that a pistol grip made the death toll any worse than it would be if the rifle did not have a pistol grip.

BillRM wrote:
They are not good firearms for hunting except if you are hunting humans

That is incorrect. Having a pistol grip on a rifle does not make it unsuitable for hunting game animals.

BillRM wrote:
as every design feature is taken from military weapons design for one purpose killing humans.

Even if your claim is true (something that I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing with) that does not mean that a gun with those features is unsuitable for hunting.

BillRM wrote:
Sorry you do not need fifty to a hundred rounds weapons to hunt any kind of game that ever live but for humans.

So what? Magazine capacity has nothing to do with features like pistol grips and bayonet lugs.

Using magazine capacity to argue against features other than magazine capacity is a red herring at best and a straw man argument at worst.

BillRM wrote:
Nor do you need to used rounds that are of a small cal so you can carry hundreds of rounds on hunting trips.

Well first, you seem to have forgotten that Americans are free and are not European serfs. We don't have to justify that we need something before we are allowed to have it. It is you who has to justify gun restrictions.

Second, varmint rounds are perfectly appropriate for varmint hunting, and varmint hunters have every right to have such rounds.

And third, it is curious that you are complaining about rounds being too small and weak. By arguing that people should be forced to use larger more powerful rounds, you are actually working to make mass shootings even deadlier.
0 Replies

Glennn

Mon 11 Nov, 2019 08:14 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
My justification for taking military what to be rifles out of the hands of the general public is the death totals of children in schools . . .

So tell me Bill, how many times was an AR-15 used in a school shooting?
Baldimo

Tue 12 Nov, 2019 10:54 am
@BillRM,
Quote:

It's for the kids!!! Sorry, we don't limit our Rights because of a few bad actors who were not allowed to have the guns they used in the first place. With the exception of a couple of shootings, a majority of the school shootings have been done by other classmates. Sandyhook is the rare example of someone going into a school they don't go to and shooting it up. As is the typical with anti-gun people, they refuse to acknowledge the school and other mass shootings that didn't take place with AR type rifles.

Quote:
They are not good firearms for hunting except if you are hunting humans as every design feature is taken from military weapons design for one purpose killing humans.

Good thing the 2nd Amendment doesn't exist because of hunting. The only reason the AR isn't a common hunting rifle is because of the bullet caliber. It would be wrong to shoot an Elk or a Deer with such a small round, that's the only reason. As for other types of hunting, they are perfect for Coyote and feral hog hunting.

The purpose of the 2nd Amendment is in the event we ever have to overthrow a totalitarian/tyrannical govt. When you start limiting the types of weapons civilians have, our limit their ability to fight against the govt. Considering the left has been screaming about fascist Trump, it's a wonder why they want to take everyone's guns?

Quote:

The 2nd Amendment has zero to do with hunting, why are you trying to advance this notion?

Quote:

I'll say it again for posterity, the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting, it's purpose is for in the event we ever have to fight against the federal govt for our rights.

0 Replies