Fellow Bostonians: How many of us wished we had an assault weapon last night?

Walter Hinteler

Tue 21 May, 2013 01:54 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

The example that come to mind is the US neighbor to the north who have a wonderful sounding statement of rights however their courts had found more cases where those rights do not apply then where they do apply.
If something is unconstitutional then it is unconstitutional. Seems hard to understand but ... ex iniuria ius non oritur.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 21 May, 2013 01:56 pm
@izzythepush,
... and get handcuffed if not using a pedestrian crossing.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 21 May, 2013 01:57 pm
@BillRM,
You don't get it do you? Nobody gives a monkeys, all the crap you hold so dear isn't worth a gnat's chuff. You can keep it. I know you like to think you're so much freer, but that's because you're so very stupid. You can keep it.

Now will you just shut up about it. It's so very tiresome, you're just a boor who can't face the fact that he's becoming more of an irrelevance with every passing day.
BillRM

Tue 21 May, 2013 02:04 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You don't get it do you? Nobody gives a monkeys, all the crap you hold so dear isn't worth a gnat's chuff. You can keep it. I know you like to think you're so much freer, but that's because you're so very stupid. You can keep it.

I am happy that you enjoy your chains..........
izzythepush

Tue 21 May, 2013 02:09 pm
@BillRM,
Yes that's right. We all in chains you're so free and we're just jealous.

Oh yes, you're so very interesting.

BillRM, you're right about everything. Now will you go back in your tyre and let the grownups talk.
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 21 May, 2013 02:14 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I don't want to download it. I'm not planning on blowing anything up

The poor woman who ended up in one of your prison who in the opinion of the judge who sentence her was not planning on blowing anything up either but it did not matter.

Your defense seems to be that no matter what the intend of the person who have it, it is far too dangerous due to the information it contain on how to blow things up.

However the information it contain had been shown to be a pale shadow of the information that even the US military had share with the world so why are your silly legal system locking up an innocent woman who was just trying to understand the movement that had hook her brothers and more important why are you defending such silliness?

izzythepush

Tue 21 May, 2013 05:19 pm
@BillRM,
I don't have a defence because I'm not interested in your nonsense. You're dull and stupid and not worth the effort.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 21 May, 2013 05:50 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
BillRM wrote:
US should had come down on Germany with the hammer of god.

Interesting choice of phrase.
You see yourselves on the side of good/God, then? Despite so much evidence to the contrary?

I think the phrase was mostly meant to indicate the severity that he believes should have characterized our retaliation.

As for our goodness, we do have problems, but at least many Americans recognize those problems and work to fix them.

It is becoming more and more evident to me that the only way Europe will ever become a place that values justice and human rights is if they are conquered and forcibly civilized.

(If we ever do that, maybe we can restore your gun rights in the process.)
BillRM

Tue 21 May, 2013 05:55 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
If something is unconstitutional then it is unconstitutional

Far too simple minded claim and to demonstrate that fact let look at the second US presidential administration where the US Congress passed laws that resulted in the arrested of newspaper editors and even congressmen for insulting the President and his administration.

A lot of the very people who voted for the bill of rights then turn around and passed such clearly unconstitutional laws.

There was threats of having a very early break up of the country over those laws.

In any case, no matter what rights you write into your constitution or charter those rights need to be constantly defended to have any meaning by the population of the countries involved.

Canada have a fine sounding charter of human rights but it seems not to have the supports of the people of Canada to the degree needed to make it meaningful.

Right now the second amendment of our constitution is under heavy attacks and if it was not being defended by a large percents of the total population it would shortly be in danger of becoming meaningless.

In the end it is not the courts that defense rights it the people who do so.
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 21 May, 2013 06:02 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
It is becoming more and more evident to me that the only way Europe will ever become a place that values justice and human rights is if they are conquered and forcibly civilized.

LOL, sorry the only way a people can becoming free of the chains that all governments love to put on their citizens is if the people of those countries decide to break their own chains be it in a peaceful manner or not.

Izzy love his chains and as long as a large percents of the British people feel the same they will not only need to wear their current weight of chains but will need to put up with even more chains being put on them over time.
OmSigDAVID

Tue 21 May, 2013 10:15 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
David, other than manuals that would help terrorists,
the printed word isn't banned, unless you specifically try to stir up hatred.

If I went on to twitter and tried to provoke violence against
a particular group,
I will not challenge legislation v.
incitement to domestic violence. However, it is an oppressive
tyranny
that seeks to control or to influence the sovereign
territory between the ears of any citizen (using that citizen's own taxes to finance propaganda against him).

izzythepush wrote:
or if I wrote something particularly nasty about someone in the news
that had suffered a tragedy I would face prosecution.
HORRIBLE! The English were once free
to speak their minds, right ?

izzythepush wrote:
Owning Mein Kampf would not count.
How about lending it,
or giving it away ?

Quote:
A 21-year old student who posted offensive Twitter comments
about Fabrice Muamba as the footballer lay collapsed on a pitch
has been jailed for 56 days for inciting racial hatred.
The student shud have learned
to move to a free country.
Live in personal liberty.

izzythepush wrote:
The first of Stacey's messages began "LOL. **** Muamba. He's dead!!!"
I don't approve of necrophilia,
but I approve of free speech.

izzythepush wrote:
Today, District Judge John Charles told him:
"In my view there is no alternative to an immediate prison sentence."

Charles said that when Muamba collapsed, "it was not the football world
who was praying for him... everybody was praying for his life".
That judge is a liar.
I never even HEARD of him, let alone advising the Supreme Being
on what to do about him. Surely there were millions of people
(billions) who knew him not, nor were thay concerned with theological involvement.

Did the judge take a survay on that point??
Upon WHAT EVIDENCE did he render that conclusion???????
Did defense counsel have an opportunity to challenge that evidence??

I suspect that he is a judicial fraud, but even if everyone really WERE
praying for him, the defendant's rights of free speech were un-affected.
Freedom of opinion, and freedom of EXPRESSION thereof
does not come from the approval of others.

In England, is criminal liability limited to EXPRESSING
an opinion whereof its government disapproves,
OR
is it a crime merely to BELIEVE notions
that government dislikes.

David
Walter Hinteler

Wed 22 May, 2013 12:25 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

izzythepush wrote:
Owning Mein Kampf would not count.
How about lending it,
or giving it away ?
You can even do so in Germany - I really would wonder how such could be illegal in England.
izzythepush

Wed 22 May, 2013 01:06 am
@OmSigDAVID,
David, it's not what the government thinks, it's what the people want. The judge was right, most people in the UK were concerned about Muamba at the time. He's a really nice guy, his family did not deserve to be subjected to a load of vile filth spouted by a racist while his life hung in the balance.

Your insistence in using terms like tyranny is pure hyperbole. Tyrannous regimes murder their citizens and lock them up without trial. Both of those conditions are true in America. The facts are that we enjoy a lot of freedoms that you don't, and we're not particularly bothered about your definitions, especially when you say things that are wrong. Mein Kampf is not banned.

Given the choice I would much rather be in a UK jail than a US one, and I've got a much better chance of a fair trial over here.

Quote:
Robert King paces the front room of his small, one-storey house in Austin, Texas.

"I imagine I could put my cell inside this room about six times," he says. "Probably more."

For 29 years Robert King occupied a cell nine feet by six - just under three metres by two - for at least 23 hours a day.

He spent most of his time incarcerated in one of the toughest prisons in the United States - Louisiana State Penitentiary.

The prison, the largest in the US, is nicknamed Angola after the plantation that once stood on its site, worked by slaves shipped in from Africa. King, who was released from prison in 2001, still calls himself one of the Angola Three - three men who have been the focus of a long-running international justice campaign.

Continue reading the main story
Between them, they have served more than 100 years in solitary. All three say they were imprisoned for crimes they did not commit, and where convictions were only obtained after blatant mistrials.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17564805
oralloy

Wed 22 May, 2013 04:22 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
LOL, sorry the only way a people can becoming free of the chains that all governments love to put on their citizens is if the people of those countries decide to break their own chains be it in a peaceful manner or not.
Izzy love his chains and as long as a large percents of the British people feel the same they will not only need to wear their current weight of chains but will need to put up with even more chains being put on them over time.

So long as the Europeans are abusing themselves, and they welcome receiving that abuse, I am willing to just shake my head sadly and let them carry on with it.

But once they start to inflict their abuses on innocent Americans, it's time to do something about Europe.
BillRM

Wed 22 May, 2013 05:28 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
But once they start to inflict their abuses on innocent Americans, it's time to do something about Europe.

We did do something about Europe two times in the last hundred years beside standing guard over them for fifty years and neither time had any real lasting effects.

In fact the very act of standing guard over them in my opinion allowed their ruling classes to sell them the idea that they live in a peaceful world and that there is no need for their citizens to be armed as after all there is international laws and international courts that will protect them!!!!!!!!!

Never mind the hundreds of billions dollars nuclear and conventional military shield that the poor American taxpayers paid for their benefit to maintain for generations.

Now their ruling classes are getting annoy that we do not have such things as hate speech laws so with the internet it is harder for them to control information/opinions flow from US sites to their population and the fact that our people are armed to the teeth is a bad example and a reminder of the freedoms that they had put aside due to claims that doing so is needed for public safety.

It still amazed me that in England this craziness had gone so far that they will not even allow their wives, mothers ,sisters and daughters to had even a small keychain container or pepper spray to offer some small level of protection when they are walking to their cars in a dark parking lot!!!!!!!!!!

Walter Hinteler

Wed 22 May, 2013 06:01 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Never mind the hundreds of billions dollars nuclear and conventional military shield that the poor American taxpayers paid for their benefit to maintain for generations.
I don't know about countries, but in Germany, we had and have to pay completely for the costs of the occupying forces.
For the Federal Republic and the US Forces, it is today listed under "Titel 0814" in the budget of the finance ministry and a smaller amount (some hundred million Euros) under "Titel 1402 (53301)" in the budget of the defence ministry.

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 22 May, 2013 06:09 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Now their ruling classes are getting annoy that we do not have such things as hate speech laws so with the internet it is harder for them to control information/opinions flow from US sites to their population and the fact that our people are armed to the teeth is a bad example and a reminder of the freedoms that they had put aside due to claims that doing so is needed for public safety.
Glad, it's all free in the USA, no Communications Decency Act (CDA), Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), etc etc and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) is closed as well.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 22 May, 2013 06:23 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Btw: until 1991 there was the possibility of a death penalty in (West-)Berlin, if you owned a "military style cut and thrust weapon", unless your were registered with US-forces as someone "with one or both arms amputated or otherwise totally unable to use your hands". Only weapons from before 1871 were allowed ... if registered. And if you said something against the Allied Forces - like "**** the USA" - this should be punished with prison not under 6 months. (Actually, you mostly got a fine of some thousand Deutschmarks.)

0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 22 May, 2013 06:35 am
@Walter Hinteler,

We are not perfect but we are one hell a lot better off then any of the EU nations.

No one had for example extradited a German citizen from a third country Denmark to the US for the crime of sending literature into the US from Germany and then placed him in a US prison for four years.

Your chains are heavy and getting heavier by the day.

Walter Hinteler

Wed 22 May, 2013 06:41 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

No one had for example extradited a German citizen from a third country Denmark to the US for the crime of sending literature into the US from Germany and then placed him in a US prison for four years.
Are you referring here to Assange and wikileaks?
0 Replies