Fellow Bostonians: How many of us wished we had an assault weapon last night?

BillW

Wed 15 May, 2013 12:59 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
18 USC § 2385 - ADVOCATING OVERTHROW OF GOVERNMENT

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or
Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or
Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.
If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.
As used in this section, the terms “organizes” and “organize”, with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons.

Just saying - **** or get off the pot!
BillRM

Wed 15 May, 2013 01:00 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
This isn't a founding father thing where everyone is together and we are rebelling against a government thousands of miles away. When 1/2 the country rebels against the other 1/2 of the country - this is called Civil War; so I repeat, either **** or get off the pot!

Footnote until the English government had driven the colonies to rebel most of even the founding fathers consider themselves Englishmen as must as anyone living in London with the full rights of Englishmen.

The fact that London was a few thousands miles away mean as must to them as the fact that I am over a thousand miles from Washington DC.

Next everyone was together in rebelling against the English Crown in the colonies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hate to tell you as it seems you had never read a history book in your life there was one hell of a lot of Tories IE supporters of the Crown in the colonies.

In fact in the south the main fighting was between the Crown supporters and the American rebels.

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 15 May, 2013 01:01 pm
@BillW,

You realize Obama is GUILTY of this, don't you?

BillW wrote:

Quote:
18 USC § 2385 - ADVOCATING OVERTHROW OF GOVERNMENT

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or
Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or
Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.
If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.
As used in this section, the terms “organizes” and “organize”, with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons.

BillRM

Wed 15 May, 2013 01:06 pm
@BillW,
Quote:

LOL like the founding fathers did?

You know as the congress petition the Crown for redress of their grievances before taking up arms?

Once more I forgot you had never seems to had read one history book.
0 Replies

BillW

Wed 15 May, 2013 01:06 pm
@H2O MAN,
That is the most ignorant reply I have ever seen - you have no idea, do you?

Now, if you realize what you just said, wow, that would ......... nevermind!
cicerone imposter

Wed 15 May, 2013 01:58 pm
@BillW,
Trying to have an intelligent conversation with a dumb jackass is a losing proposition. Has watersquirt ever provided any information of value or significance? NEVER!

TNCFS
H2O MAN

Wed 15 May, 2013 02:00 pm
@BillW,
You know I'm right, you just don't have the guts to admit it.

Chicago community Organizers are good at what they do - GUILTY
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 15 May, 2013 02:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sorry, watersquirt, but your posts are ALL TRASH, so I have put you on IGNORE. When you decide to begin posting anything worth reading, I'll ask others to inform me. Otherwise, I consider you as BRAIN DEAD.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 15 May, 2013 04:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Sorry, watersquirt, but your posts are ALL TRASH, so I have put you on IGNORE. When you decide to begin posting anything worth reading, I'll ask others to inform me. Otherwise, I consider you as BRAIN DEAD.

Frothing a bit?

Obviously you haven't put him on Ignore.

And you have the nerve to accuse McCain of senility.
H2O MAN

Wed 15 May, 2013 04:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

And you have the nerve to accuse McCain of senility.

Laughing
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 16 May, 2013 05:22 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
You claim it is rare but 3 people at A2K have used guns for defensive purposes and no one on the site has committed a crime against their family members. Keep telling yourself that it is rare. Whatever it takes to sleep at night.

CI always lies, even though he is too stupid to be any good at it.

The estimate of "more than 100,000 defensive gun uses every year" is an acknowledged undercount.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 16 May, 2013 05:24 am
@OmSigDAVID,

cicerone imposter wrote:
Don't you know your Constitution? All rights are not unlimited, and that goes for 'PRE-EXISTING RIGHTS.' They can be amended.

CI, how about you stop babbling about subjects that you are too stupid to understand? The point about rights not being unlimited is not talking about amendments.

And the existence of "strict scrutiny/intermediate scrutiny/rational basis review" does not in any way make it OK for you freaks to go around violating people's rights.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 16 May, 2013 05:25 am
@BillW,
BillW wrote:
Most right wingers hype the words of Wayne LaPierre about needing guns to fight the government - ie, US government. These comments are seditious - a felony and treasonous .

No they aren't.

BillW wrote:
This kind of talk in and of itself should rule out a person and household from possessing guns!

It must really suck for you that Americans have civil rights.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 16 May, 2013 05:29 am
@Finn dAbuzz,

cicerone imposter wrote:

Why do worthless retards always run around falsely accusing others of their own stupidity and worthlessness?
OmSigDAVID

Sat 18 May, 2013 02:59 am
@oralloy,
Your point is very well taken indeed.

I believe that mental health care professionals refer to it as "projection."

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Mon 20 May, 2013 02:16 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
. . . I don't have a gun, I don't want one, nor do I need one.
You're the one who has made sure you're equipped to go on a shooting spree.
Do u advocate different means of self defense,
e.g., swords, arrows, or to suffocate him with a pillow?

or do u advocate simple helplessness,
in the face of the predatory violence of animals or of criminals ??

David
OmSigDAVID

Mon 20 May, 2013 02:27 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Nobody would be stupid enough to break into my house.
Explain your source of information, on this point ??

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Mon 20 May, 2013 02:34 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

We know, I think, that he had no firearm in the boat with him.
The only people shooting were law officers. It's amazing no more were killed.
Like I said, too many guns and too few brain cells.
U mean too many guns in use
for the benefit of the Boston Bomber ??

More "brain cells" wud result in a safer bomber, says McTag??
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Mon 20 May, 2013 02:36 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

Quote:
He and his brother killed several Americans

Do you mean PEOPLE? We hear a lot of this ugly phrase.

Killing "Americans" seems to be a lot worse, somehow a much bigger sin,
than killing those foreign people that your country kills so many of.
Of course !
OmSigDAVID

Mon 20 May, 2013 03:03 am
@revelette,
DAVID wrote:
The administration was DEFEATED in its repression ism
by Real Americans.

Background checks can serve no purpose other than discrimination
against their Constitutional rights.

revelette wrote:
the only so called real americans were the congress men and women beholden to gun right advocate groups,
a very powerful minority.
That was both democracy in action,
as it shud be, in defense of our most basic Constitutional rights.
Those Senators HONORED their oaths of office, to support n defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign & domestic.

revelette wrote:

It should not have to take 60 votes to pass a simple background check bill . . .
The check was to have served only DISCRIMINATION
qua a fundamental Constitutional Right of every citizen.

David
0 Replies