Fellow Bostonians: How many of us wished we had an assault weapon last night?

farmerman

Mon 20 May, 2013 03:04 am
@OmSigDAVID,
hello David, havent seen you around much since you moved. Did you win the Powerball lottery?
izzythepush

Mon 20 May, 2013 03:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

izzythepush wrote:
. . . I don't have a gun, I don't want one, nor do I need one.
You're the one who has made sure you're equipped to go on a shooting spree.
Do u advocate different means of self defense,
e.g., swords, arrows, or to suffocate him with a pillow?

or do u advocate simple helplessness,
in the face of the predatory violence of animals or of criminals ??

I advocate keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and nutjobs, and we do a far better job of that than you do.

Not carrying a gun doesn't mean you're helpless by any means.
cicerone imposter

Mon 20 May, 2013 08:24 am
@izzythepush,
That's because David et al believe their gun is their dick, and makes them feel "manly."
H2O MAN

Mon 20 May, 2013 08:32 am
Word on the street is that CI is packing a .22 short just like Weiner.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 20 May, 2013 11:54 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I advocate keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and nutjobs, and we do a far better job of that than you do.

A police state can do a lot of things "better" then a free country can however you was not able to handle mass killings any better then we had been.
izzythepush

Mon 20 May, 2013 12:24 pm
@BillRM,
A police state arms its police with guns, and has an overpunitive justice system.

Sounds a lot more like America.
izzythepush

Mon 20 May, 2013 12:27 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
A police state can do a lot of things "better" then a free country can however you was not able to handle mass killings any better then we had been.

Try not to mangle the English language.

Terrorists have never been able to lock down an entire British city like they were able to do in Boston.
BillRM

Mon 20 May, 2013 12:32 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Not carrying a gun doesn't mean you're helpless by any means.

What can you used to defense yourself in the UK Izzy my friend as even non lethal devices such as pepper spray that a large percents of women and others in the US carry around on key chains can get you time behind bars.

Same for stun guns and so on.

Quote:

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110628143433AAnKnx8

Pepper spray falls under s 5(b) of the Firearms Act 1968;

"(b) any weapon of whatever description designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other thing"

It is offence to possess, purchase, acquire, manufacture, sell or transfer a s 5 firearm (or weapon in this case rather than firearm) without permission from the appropriate authorities. It's not technically impossible to get that permission but so unlikely as to be impossible in practice.

The police can carry CS gas because the Firearms Act does not apply to Crown Servants (ie police, army) so they are not restricted by it.

The sentencing case law for this offence suggest that possession of CS gas is likely to attract 6 months (Attorney-General's Reference No 128 of 2006). Pepper spray, while technically different from pepper spray, is unlikely to be treated any differently.
Source(s):
Firearms Act 1968 s 5(b)
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 20 May, 2013 12:37 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
police state arms its police with guns, and has an overpunitive justice system.

Not if it can almost completely disarms it citizens and will not even allow them to carry pepper stray on their key rings!!!!!!!!!

But they will come for you if you have the "wrong" reading materials or said the wrong things in public.

How many of the postings on this very website would be breaking the hate speech laws in the UK Izzy?
BillRM

Mon 20 May, 2013 12:40 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Terrorists have never been able to lock down an entire British city like they were able to do in Boston.

So you are claiming they kept the subways/tubes running right after the London bombings not knowing if more such bombings would occur at any moment?

Part of the time line for the London Bombing take note to the tubes and buses being shut down and people ask not to go to London!!!!!!!!

Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_2005_London_bombings

09:49: Entire London Underground system shut down.
10:00: National Grid announces there had been no problem with power surges.
10:40: First report of fatalities, government source speaks of 20 dead.
11:08: Bus services suspended across central London.
11:10: Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair confirms fears that it is a coordinated terror attack, but appeals for calm, asking people not to travel to London or make unnecessary calls to the emergency services.
izzythepush

Mon 20 May, 2013 12:44 pm
@BillRM,
I've got absolutely nothing to fear, you've got a far greater need to feel paranoid.

You're the one who needs to worry about your "reading material," as you so euphemistically put it, but I bet you don't do a lot of reading when you look at it.

Your emasculated ego needs a gun to give you a sense of security, but it's false and actually makes things more dangerous for you and those around you. Having a gun means the police won't even bother trying to arrest you, they'll blow you away, and they'll get away with it too.
izzythepush

Mon 20 May, 2013 12:45 pm
@BillRM,
Pretty much everything was up and running the next day. The buses never stopped running.
BillRM

Mon 20 May, 2013 12:52 pm
@izzythepush,
'
Quote:
ve got absolutely nothing to fear, you've got a far greater need to feel paranoid.

Try telling that to any number of people who had been harm by criminal actions in the UK. Would you care for me to list such people harm in the UK in the last few months?

You're the one who needs to worry about your "reading material," as you so euphemistically put it, but I bet you don't do a lot of reading when you look at it.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 20 May, 2013 12:56 pm
@izzythepush,
Actually, the bus network was shut down in the central zone (Zone 1) until the next day (same with the the tube).
BillRM

Mon 20 May, 2013 12:57 pm
@izzythepush,
'
Quote:
ve got absolutely nothing to fear, you've got a far greater need to feel paranoid.

Try telling that to any number of people who had been harm by criminal actions in the UK.

Would you care for me to list such people harm in the UK in the last few months? They not even being allow to have pepper spray as a mean of defense.

Quote:

Let see look at what images in such materials as the Turner Diaries or Inspire magazine or a million of other such materials you can end up in prison for having in the police state you are living in?
BillRM

Mon 20 May, 2013 01:00 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Actually, the bus network was shut down in the central zone (Zone 1) until the next day (same with the the tube).

Of course you shut things down until you get a handle on the situation and the extend of the threat to the public unless you are a fool.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 20 May, 2013 01:03 pm
@BillRM,
I was sure that you're a fan of the "Neo-Nazi bible"!
BillRM

Mon 20 May, 2013 01:21 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
I was sure that you're a fan of the "Neo-Nazi bible"!

I find it an interesting book to try to get into the mind set of the far right neo-nazi movement and in the same sense I find inspire magazine interesting.

I remember the first time I got the book out of the public library, note in the US such material can even be found in a public library. I could not bring myself to read it completely but years afterward I downloaded it off the net and read it.

It is amazing to me that the author can have such a unreal world view and yet can be a high IQ person that I understand was a damn university professor in the field of physics of all things.

Oh I also have the fisher papers concerning the believes of Scientology cult and the Mormon Bible and the unabomber writings and one hell of a lot of other odds and ends.

Amazing what interesting materials you can read without fear of doing so in a free country. Of course the fisher papers could bring me problems by way of the copyright laws as the Scientology cult used the copyright laws to try to control the spread of their "secret" beliefs.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 20 May, 2013 01:42 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
By the way I hope you have never read the Turner Diaries as it could get you locked up in short order in Germany.

Your government seems to fear that if you read it if might turn you into a Jews/blacks hating individual and for some reason I do not share their opinion of the power of such writings on you.

Of course given the history of the nation you are a citizen of I can understand the emotional reasons for not allowing such materials more then for such countries as the UK.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 20 May, 2013 02:08 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

By the way I hope you have never read the Turner Diaries as it could get you locked up in short order in Germany.
Really?

Quote:
Section 86
Dissemination of propaganda material of unconstitutional organisations
[...]

Section 86a
Using symbols of unconstitutional organisations

(1) Whosoever

1. domestically distributes or publicly uses, in a meeting or in writtenmaterials (section 11(3)) disseminated by him, symbols of one of the parties or organisations indicated in section 86(1) Nos 1, 2 and 4; or

2. produces, stocks, imports or exports objects which depict or contain such symbols for distribution or use in Germany or abroad in a manner indicated in No 1,

shall be liable to imprisonment not exceeding three years or a fine.

(2) Symbols within the meaning of subsection (1) above shall be in particular flags,insignia, uniforms and their parts, slogans and forms of greeting. Symbols which are so similar as to be mistaken for those named in the 1st sentence shall be equivalent to them.

(3) Section 86(3) and (4) shall apply mutatis mutandis.