Fellow Bostonians: How many of us wished we had an assault weapon last night?

BillRM

Wed 8 May, 2013 11:27 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
They don't have a "witness," but more soldiers returning from Afghanistan are committing suicide - with guns.

Odd this focus on guns and suicide by the anti gun crowd as if without guns people who wished to commit suicide would not do so by others means and once more any numbers of nations where guns are not as common as in the US the suicide rate is higher not lower then in the US.
cicerone imposter

Wed 8 May, 2013 12:09 pm
@BillRM,
Easy access is the key to all family violence and suicides. Too simplistic for you gun folks.
cicerone imposter

Wed 8 May, 2013 12:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
From politico.com.
Quote:
Military suicide: War’s invisible casualty

By REP. ANDRÉ CARSON | 4/8/13 9:40 PM EDT
Three hundred forty-nine members of the United States military committed suicide in 2012 — a total higher than the number of combat casualties in Afghanistan during that same period. This 15 percent increase over the year prior points to a dangerous national epidemic and a failure to address the invisible wounds of war inflicted on members of the proudest military force in the world.

Congress has an immediate role to play and an undeniable responsibility to confront these challenges head-on. That is why this week I am introducing two pieces of legislation that seek to stave off further increases in military suicide and ensure we are addressing the prevalence by which American heroes are taking their own lives.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/military-suicide-wars-invisible-casualty-89763.html#ixzz2Sj5DMrY7

How many of those gun owners stopped a crime against their family members? ZERO?
BillRM

Wed 8 May, 2013 12:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Easy access is the key to all family violence and suicides. Too simplistic for you gun folks.

You are taking one very very simplistic position and in the gun free UK the theory is that large kitchen knives in their homes is the key to family violence given that most of the wounds in family violence in that nation is the result of such knives wounds.

Violence is the problem not the tools used to inflicted that violence just like there seems little or no tied in between the numbers of guns in a nation and the suicide rate in that nation.

cicerone imposter

Wed 8 May, 2013 12:25 pm
@BillRM,
You can't even see the stupidity of your own conclusion! There's no cure for st.....
BillRM

Wed 8 May, 2013 12:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You can't even see the stupidity of your own conclusion! There's no cure for st....

You right I can not see how the means of killing of a family member matter be it by a knife or a heavy object or by bare hands or a gun nor do I see how the means of committing suicide matter.

Would those soldiers be less dead if instead of guns they would have driven their cars into a concrete wall at 80 MPH plus or jumping off a tall building or.......?

If you are trying to take the position that guns make suicide so easy that the rate of suicide is greater in nations where guns are far more common then in nations that this is not the case that can be disproven by looking at a table of the rate of suicide by nations.
H2O MAN

Wed 8 May, 2013 12:48 pm

Even if assault weapons were made available to civilians in the US, I would not want to
own one because they consume ammunition like a liberal spends other peoples money.

~ H2O
cicerone imposter

Wed 8 May, 2013 12:48 pm
You're far too gone for any logical discussion on the subject. Looney!
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 8 May, 2013 01:19 pm
@H2O MAN,
Plus the fact a fully auto weapons is mainly useful only in keeping your enemies heads down in the middle of a major fire fight not something that most of us will ever be involved in.

H2O MAN

Wed 8 May, 2013 01:27 pm
@BillRM,
Agreed.

I do know a few people that legally own at least one select fire weapon and I will meet up with them if and when the SHTF.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 8 May, 2013 01:45 pm
@BillRM,

cicerone imposter wrote:

Actually, the problem with your lies is not that they are too simplistic (as stupid as you are, how could your lies not be simplistic). The problem with your lies is that they are lies.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 8 May, 2013 01:46 pm
@BillRM,

cicerone imposter wrote:
You can't even see the stupidity of your own conclusion! There's no cure for st....

Funny how CI always runs around falsely accusing other people of his own stupidity.....
BillRM

Wed 8 May, 2013 02:14 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Funny how CI always runs around falsely accusing other people of his own stupidity..

The poor man depend on the talking points of the anti gun groups and when challenge concerning how valid those talking points happen to be he seems to be completely at a lost.

Guns cause and or result in large numbers of suicides for example is a firm talking point of the anti-gun ownership groups and when it is pointed out that there are nations where there is a very few privately own guns that have a higher suicide rate then the US he seems to have nothing to fall back on but insults.
cicerone imposter

Wed 8 May, 2013 05:43 pm
@BillRM,
Me lost! Show me? You can cut and past from any of my posts.

It'll only prove you're a goddamn liar.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Wed 8 May, 2013 10:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

They don't have a "witness," but more soldiers returning from Afghanistan are committing suicide - with guns.

People are fully within their rights
to end their human lives whenever thay choose.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Wed 8 May, 2013 11:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
How many of those gun owners stopped a crime
against their family members? ZERO?
I am a member of my family.
I used my gun to stop a crime against ME.
BillRM

Thu 9 May, 2013 08:46 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I am a member of my family.
I used my gun to stop a crime against ME.

I got a looter to put some of my properties back and somehow the fact that I had a gun in my hand at the time even if not pointed at him might had explain why he was so damn willing to do so.......Drunk
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 9 May, 2013 08:54 am
@OmSigDAVID,
A crime? One? LOL What are the numbers of crimes stopped vs family killed or maimed by guns?

No wonder you don't understand basic common sense and logic.
BillRM

Thu 9 May, 2013 09:18 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
A crime? One? LOL

So how many crimes per gun owner on average is needed to had been stop to prove the worth of having a firearm and do we apply the same standards/logic when it come to having fire extinguishers?

Let see in all the decades I had have fire extinguishers I had only put out two fires with them and in all the years of having firearms I had only stop one minor crime.

Both firearms and fire extinguishers fall into the classification of safety gear you hope that you will never need but the cost of not having them if you do need them can be too high not to have them available to you.

But do feel free not to have guns or fire extinguishers or first aid kits or carry insurance if that is how you wish to go through your life but do not try to interfere with the rights of others to paid for insurance year after year against low order events, or have safety devices in our homes.

Baldimo

Thu 9 May, 2013 09:45 am
@cicerone imposter,
I have used a gun to stop a burglar from breaking into my garage back in 2007. I guess it isn't as rare as you would like it to be. In my case the guy fled my back yard and no report was made to the police. I think this happens more then most people think it does.