Fellow Bostonians: How many of us wished we had an assault weapon last night?

McTag

Sun 5 May, 2013 12:37 pm
@Walter Hinteler,

Quote:
I rest my case. (And I really should give back my degrees in law and history)

You shouldn't try to wrestle with a pig. You'll get covered in muck, and the pig will enjoy it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 5 May, 2013 01:33 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Why? You're pretty dense, aren't you?
OmSigDAVID

Sun 5 May, 2013 02:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
U r unworthy of recognition.
cicerone imposter

Sun 5 May, 2013 02:51 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Then why bother reading my posts? LOL Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk
BillRM

Mon 6 May, 2013 10:17 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
I rest my case. (And I really should give back my degrees in law and history Wink )

Well the degrees or lack of degrees have zero meaning when the poster in question is posting nonsense and trying to defense that nonsense by not referring to the facts but the numbers of his degrees instead.

Come to think of it that in itself sound like a character of German culture IE I am right due to my position in society and the facts do not matter......... Rolling Eyes

In any case the nation we now call Germany was not one political unit until fairly recent times in world history.

cicerone imposter

Mon 6 May, 2013 10:35 am
@BillRM,
You haven't proved he's posting "nonsense." It's evident that you really don't know much about Germany. Look in the mirror when you think about that word "nonsense."
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 6 May, 2013 11:10 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Well the degrees or lack of degrees have zero meaning when the poster in question is posting nonsense and trying to defense that nonsense by not referring to the facts but the numbers of his degrees instead.
What you call 'nonsense' is taught at universities (both in the law [here: legal history; constitutional law) as well history faculties).

The discourse, why Germany didn't become a "national state" after it had been a nation until 1806, well, that's of lessons in political sciences as well.
H2O MAN

Mon 6 May, 2013 11:30 am
@Walter Hinteler,

Plenty of 'nonsense' is taught by libtard professors at universities.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 6 May, 2013 11:32 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

In any case the nation we now call Germany was not one political unit until fairly recent times in world history.
I totally agree - actually even today it isn't Germany but Bundesrepublik Deutschland ("Federal Republic of Germany").

(Before it has been:
- Heiliges Römisches Reich (Deutscher Nation) ("Holy Roman Empire [of German Nation])(from 846 until 1806),
- Deutscher Bund ("German Confederation") (between 1815 and 1866),
- from 1867 onwards the Norddeutsche Bund ("North German Confederation") dominated until it became
- Deutsche Reich ("German Empire) in 1871
- between 1945 and 1949 there were the various Zones of Occupation
- three of those became the Bundesrepublik Deutschland ("Federal Republic of Germany"), one the Deutsche Demokratische Republik ("German Democratic Republic").
- the Treaty on the Final Settlement with Respect to Germany finally created on 12 September 1990 (and effective from 15 March 1991) what is now the "Federal Republic of Germany".
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 6 May, 2013 12:15 pm
@H2O MAN,
Historical facts have nothing to do with a political idea of the teaching person (and besides that, even our most conservatives teachers would be "libtard" according to your definition).
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Mon 6 May, 2013 12:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Then why bother reading my posts? LOL Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk
Now u raise a good point; I 'd been skeptical of the wisdom thereof also.
The answer was momentary boredom, when more respectable posts
were not available for response.

David
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 6 May, 2013 12:30 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

The discourse, why Germany didn't become a "national state" after it had been a nation until 1806, well, that's of lessons in political sciences as well.
Some sources in English:
Citizenship and the German Nation, in: Citizenship Studies, Volume 7, Issue 1, 2003.
From the abstract:
Quote:
[...]While in a long process starting in the thirteenth century in other European countries like France, England, and Spain the idea of nation became associated with the emerging ius territoriale (which in France in the seventeenth century became to be called the droit de souveraineteé) , this did not happen in the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation. The dissociation of the German Empire from the process of state formation entailed a concept of the German nation which lacked an inherent connection to the idea of political nationhood associated with statehood and, concomitantly, with a demarcated territory. As a consequence, the idea of a German nation emigrated into the sphere of culture and gave the German ethnos a prominent role in the concept of nationhood. When in 1871 finally Bismarck founded a modern German nation-state, this state was not the body politic of all German-speaking people; the German polity and the German nation were not congruous.[...]

Conze, Werner: The shaping of the German nation - A historical analysis, St. Martin's Press (New York), 1979

Dr Shami Ghosh' The Shaping of German Identity: Authority and Crisis, 1245–1414, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2012, is a very good read. Besides other aspects about the German nation, he points out that "even those emperors past and present who might legitimately not have been seen as German – the Carolingians at one end of the spectrum, the Luxemburger kings of Bohemia at the other – were described as being Germans, even though they were kings of France and Bohemia."
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Tue 7 May, 2013 07:55 am
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/07/lawrence-odonnell-wayne-lapierre-nra-boston-bombing-comments_n_3228843.html?ncid=txtlnkushpmg00000037&ir=Politics

Joe(good guy without a gun)Nation
H2O MAN

Tue 7 May, 2013 08:01 am
@Joe Nation,
Lawrence O'Donnell is an idiot.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 7 May, 2013 06:44 pm
@H2O MAN,
Not really, but he is an utter tool.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 7 May, 2013 06:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Much like Joe (The Wrench) Nation.
McTag

Wed 8 May, 2013 03:14 am
@Finn dAbuzz,

Any of the crazies blown their brains out while loading their weapons yet?

No, that's impossible isn't it, unless they shoot themselves in the arse.
BillRM

Wed 8 May, 2013 05:41 am
@McTag,
Quote:
Any of the crazies blown their brains out while loading their weapons yet?

Maybe we "gun nuts/crazies" should take up a collection and buy you a chain saw a device that is far more dangerous to it users then a handgun.

The we could have bets on what body parts you will cut off first. Drunk
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 8 May, 2013 11:09 am
@McTag,
They don't have a "witness," but more soldiers returning from Afghanistan are committing suicide - with guns.

H2O MAN

Wed 8 May, 2013 11:12 am
@Finn dAbuzz,

Much like cicerone imposter, although I'm not not totally convinced that he is not also an idiot.
0 Replies