Fellow Bostonians: How many of us wished we had an assault weapon last night?

revelette

Wed 1 May, 2013 08:04 am
@izzythepush,
What If the Tsarnaevs Had Been the “Boston Shooters”?

H2O MAN

Wed 1 May, 2013 08:07 am

JTT & Jizzy have been voted the two A2K members most likely to snap and go on a killing spree.
JTT

Wed 1 May, 2013 08:13 am
@H2O MAN,
Speaking of cracking. A grand example of that famous reality based thinking that, you, h20guy, and way way way too many Americans are known for.

0 Replies

JTT

Wed 1 May, 2013 08:17 am
@revelette,
I'm pleased to see some critical thinking on your part, Revelette.

How come it doesn't extend to the equally vitally important issue - what is it that is really causing these attacks on the US and other western nations?
izzythepush

Wed 1 May, 2013 08:20 am
@H2O MAN,
By who, you and your fellow inbreds?

I don't have a gun, I don't want one, nor do I need one. You're the one who has made sure you're equipped to go on a shooting spree.
izzythepush

Wed 1 May, 2013 08:21 am
@revelette,
Brilliant article Rev.
0 Replies

revelette

Wed 1 May, 2013 08:25 am
@JTT,
Quote:
How come it doesn't extend to the equally vitally important issue - what is it that is really causing these attacks on the US and other western nations?

Because in the end, the cause does not justify the actions even if the cause turns out to be true of which I am not admitting one way or the other.

Moreover, the terrorist attacks are even counter productive to their own causes.
izzythepush

Wed 1 May, 2013 08:52 am
@revelette,
We've had two court cases really involving Islamist terrorists, in one they went to a training camp when everyone was away and one of them ended up phoning his mum, to help him get out. The other involved an attempt to blow up an English Defence League (EDL) rally. When they arrived the rally was over, and on the way back home they were stopped, and their vehicle impounded because it wasn't insured. All the incriminating evidence was found a couple of days later.

The most accurate portrayal of Islamist terrorists isn't Homeland or 24, but Four Lions.

JTT

Wed 1 May, 2013 08:54 am
@revelette,
Quote:
Because in the end, the cause does not justify the actions even if the cause turns out to be true of which I am not admitting one way or the other.

But there's nothing from y'all about the long standing terrorist actions of the US/UK/et al which has precipitated these actions like the Boston bombing.

Quote:
Moreover, the terrorist attacks are even counter productive to their own causes.

Sadly, that's true. And yet the much much longer terrorist actions of the US/UK has been productive for the US/UK, allowing them to steal the wealth of these peoples for over half a century.

When you think about it, realistically and rationally, you really have to wonder why these oppressed peoples tolerated it for so long.

Quote:
of which I am not admitting one way or the other.

Come on, Rev. Tell me of one US invasion that hasn't set up a right wing dictatorship.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 1 May, 2013 09:10 am
@izzythepush,
If only the muslim bomber brothers had experienced a similar accident
JTT

Wed 1 May, 2013 09:29 am
@H2O MAN,
But there's nothing from y'all about the long standing terrorist actions of the US/UK/et al which has precipitated these actions like the Boston bombing.
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 1 May, 2013 09:39 am
@H2O MAN,
HA HA HA. Love it. We should thusly send all the Jihadhis to meet their "god" on wings of TNT. I love the "Allah Achkbar" between mortar shots
Youre still a douche bag H2O but you come up with some funny **** now and again
H2O MAN

Wed 1 May, 2013 10:13 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

HA HA HA. Love it. We should thusly send all the Jihadhis to meet their "god" on wings of TNT. I love the "Allah Achkbar" between mortar shots

Youre still a douche bag H2O but you come up with some funny **** now and again

Laughing
0 Replies

McTag

Wed 1 May, 2013 03:47 pm
@oralloy,

Quote:
He would not be shot for trespass. He would be shot if he tried to harm someone.

Bill stated he would be shot (by Bill) if he did not obey Bill's orders.
McTag

Wed 1 May, 2013 03:54 pm
@H2O MAN,

Quote:
what individuals caused the so call 'climate of fear'?

Hint: it wasn't GWB.

Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rove, and the guy with the Jewish name, did this. Colin Powell to his undying shame went along.
McTag

Wed 1 May, 2013 03:59 pm
@revelette,

Great article, Rev

Quote:
Meanwhile, the rest of the world looks on in astonishment at a country that so vigorously confronts one source of death and destruction while turning its back on another.

Yes it does.
JTT

Wed 1 May, 2013 04:58 pm
@McTag,
Wolfowitz. [sp??]

Quote:
Colin Powell to his undying shame went along.

Powell was a war criminal from his Vietnam days. He helped to cover up the My Lai massacre and other massacres. He has never been anything but a suckhole/brown noser.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 1 May, 2013 05:03 pm
Quote:
Meanwhile, the rest of the world looks on in astonishment at a country that so vigorously
confronts one source of death and destruction while turning its back on another.

Fear not, the investigation of the Benghazi attack and subsequent cover-up is heating up again.
Obama and Hillary turned their backs on this, but America and the rest of the world has not.
JTT

Wed 1 May, 2013 05:12 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Fear not, the investigation of the Benghazi attack and subsequent cover-up is heating up again.

These are never good for the US, Peeman. Criminals like to work in the dark. Remember that the US was engaging in its over a half century of committing
terrorist actions in the ME.

Quote:
How US Ambassador Chris Stevens May Have Been Linked To Jihadist Rebels In Syria

Michael Kelley | Oct. 19, 2012, 8:45 AM

The official position is that the US has refused to allow heavy weapons into Syria.
But there's growing evidence that U.S. agents—particularly murdered ambassador Chris Stevens—were at least aware of heavy weapons moving from Libya to jihadist Syrian rebels.
In March 2011 Stevens became the official U.S. liaison to the al-Qaeda-linked Libyan opposition, working directly with Abdelhakim Belhadj of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group—a group that has now disbanded, with some fighters reportedly participating in the attack that took Stevens' life.
In November 2011 The Telegraph reported that Belhadj, acting as head of the Tripoli Military Council, "met with Free Syrian Army [FSA] leaders in Istanbul and on the border with Turkey" in an effort by the new Libyan government to provide money and weapons to the growing insurgency in Syria.
Last month The Times of London reported that a Libyan ship "carrying the largest consignment of weapons for Syria … has docked in Turkey." The shipment reportedly weighed 400 tons and included SA-7 surface-to-air anti-craft missiles and rocket-propelled grenades.

Those heavy weapons are most likely from Muammar Gaddafi's stock of about 20,000 portable heat-seeking missiles—the bulk of them SA-7s—that the Libyan leader obtained from the former Eastern bloc. Reuters reports that Syrian rebels have been using those heavy weapons to shoot down Syrian helicopters and fighter jets.

The ship's captain was "a Libyan from Benghazi and the head of an organization called the Libyan National Council for Relief and Support," which was presumably established by the new government.

0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 1 May, 2013 06:36 pm
@McTag,
Quote:
Bill stated he would be shot (by Bill) if he did not obey Bill's orders.

Fool any non-obeying of orders in taking him into custody by a known mass murderer/bomber who is also known to had cheerfully ran over his own brother to get away from the cops who he had been throwing bombs at would be placing your life at risk and call for deadly force in self defense.

Off hand I can hardly think of a more dangerous individual to find in the back yard of your family home or a greater life threatening risk to yourself, your family and your neighbors.

Hell an individual that had also been willing to placed a bomb in a crowd by an eight year old child and set if off as soon as he got to a safe distant.

Being in reasonable fear for your life and your family life would apply to facing such a person hiding in your boat.

To sum up there is no moral problem or legal problem in using deadly force against such a person who does not submit at once to be taken into control.