Fellow Bostonians: How many of us wished we had an assault weapon last night?

BillRM

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 10:57 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
actually we enjoy hunting here at the farm. My wife used to go out for pheasant and I still hunt Canada geese and rabbit.
The rule is that "We eat everything we kill"

As I said already as a meat eater and as someone who had gone fishing from time to time I am on very weak moral/logical grounds about my feelings about shooting game animals it just that I personally would not care to killed animals that I do not have a need to killed either for needed food or in self defense.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 11:20 am
@H2O MAN,
You get it here for a bit more than 1.000€ ($1.300) as a set - that's why it's so popular with skeet shooting.
McTag

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 11:39 am

Quote:
and I still hunt Canada geese

We get so many Canada geese here you could hunt them with a five foot length of 2 x 4 wood.
Finn dAbuzz

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 11:55 am
@farmerman,
The only acceptable reason to hunt animals is to eat, and eat, essentially, everything.

I've never hunted and never will. Not because I'm high-minded about it, but because I have a pretty good idea of how I would feel after I killed an animal.

I'll eat them when someone else kills them but I can't do it, which hardly makes my unwillingness to kill them very noble.

I've no problem with trophy hunters, if they eat their kill. The brains, eyeballs, cheeks etc are not preserved in the trophy. They can be eaten.

Anyone, trophy hunter, or poacher who kills an animal for just one bit is pretty much soulless

H2O MAN

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 12:22 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

You get it here for a bit more than 1.000€ ($1.300) as a set - that's why it's so popular with skeet shooting.

That's reasonable.

Do you have an opinion on Beretta’s Xplor?

Thanks
farmerman

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 01:05 pm
@McTag,
Quote:
We get so many Canada geese here you could hunt them with a five foot length of 2 x 4 wood

Its a delicious bird, but needs larding since its a lowfat meat.
I got 2 this year and we had one at Christmas and one in Feb and they were delicious
Finn-I dont think Id need one to prove that they are a concerned Apache hunter if they forego the eyeballs and intestines
Walter Hinteler

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 01:17 pm
@H2O MAN,
It's $500 cheaper in the USA.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 01:20 pm
@farmerman,
Kill it; eat it...all

(If you want to skip the eyeballs, OK)
0 Replies

JTT

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 01:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I've never hunted and never will. Not because I'm high-minded about it, but because I have a pretty good idea of how I would feel after I killed an animal.

But you feel nothing when the US has killed millions. In fact, you make excuses for it.

Quote:
Anyone, trophy hunter, or poacher who kills an animal for just one bit is pretty much soulless

Wow, what does that make all you apologists for the war criminals and terrorists, Finn? Farmer? Oralloy? H20man? ...?
JTT

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 01:38 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:

But you feel nothing when the US kills millions. In fact, you make excuses for it.

Quote:

Wow, what does that make all you apologists for the war criminals and terrorists, Finn? Farmer? Oralloy? H20man? ...?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 01:54 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Fellow Americans: How many of us wished we had an assault weapon last night?

Assault weapon?

Quote:
I wonder how many Boston liberals spent the night cowering in their homes wishing they had an AR-15 with a hi-capacity magazine?

Liberals?
AR-15?
Hi-capacity magazine?

You Bostonian's got something to be afraid of?

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/boston-manhunt.jpg

http://media.nbclosangeles.com/images/654*368/boston_manhunt.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/20/article-0-1967A293000005DC-733_964x686.jpg
H2O MAN

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 02:11 pm
http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/slide_293616_2371859_free1.jpg
BillRM

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 02:20 pm
@H2O MAN,
I wonder if the boat owner insurance is going to cover the damage to his boat.
farmerman

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 03:11 pm
@BillRM,
he came on the news and said they would NOT. I have no idea why he said that. The insurance company could reap some great PR by doing a really great job of repairs.
BillRM

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 03:15 pm
@farmerman,
He would had been better off if he had taken a weapon with him when he checked his boat out and capture the bomber himself it would seems..... Drunk

Of course you would then have the problem of turning him over without the police putting holes in you also when you are trying to do so.
JTT

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 04:29 pm
@H2O MAN,
What banana republic are these pictures from?
RABEL222

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 05:40 pm
@JTT,
The republic of Waterman. Its an independent nation consisting of one wack job.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 06:00 pm
@BillRM,
Too many options in play there that the homeowner had no information on. He was taking a chance just tearing the shrink wrap. Im sure the kid heard it . Shrink wrap makes a hell of a racket .

1Kid coulda hadda gun (homeowner didnt know)
2Kid coulda had a bomb(see item 1 above)
3Kid coulda had a "death by cop" attitude as a real Jihadhi (see all above)
4If homeowner would have shot kid, all sources of info woulda been lost.

Im not so sure I would have peppered the boat like the cops did, they were clearly in control and could have done several other non lethal things. As it is, its lucky that the cops didnt hit anything vital
Which is where we get to the condition of the boat.
I think the boat will make it to the "collectors market" quickly and the homeowner will be made whole or better. Left un-repaired itll wind up in some museum somewhere.
oralloy

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 07:06 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
I wonder if the boat owner insurance is going to cover the damage to his boat.

I would think that the city would be liable for all damages that the police inflicted on the boat, since the boat's owner was not responsible for any of the crimes.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 29 Apr, 2013 11:45 am
@farmerman,
Because it's not a covered loss and they don't want to set a precedent.

They could have gotten around this by saying "It's not covered and we are not paying for the damages as a policy response, but we, as a Corporate citizen have decided that we will pay for the repair out of our profits." Or words to that effect.