Man catches 2-year-old girl as she falls 3 floors

fishin

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 09:41 am
Quote:
Man catches 2-year-old girl as she falls 3 floors
Thursday, March 25, 2004 Posted: 7:40 AM EST (1240 GMT)

KISSIMMEE, Florida (AP) -- A 2-year-old girl fell three stories from a resort walkway and safely into the arms of a man who had been reading a book by the pool and raced to save her.

The momentum sent both crashing into a bush, but the girl only suffered a bump and some scratches Saturday.

"I just happened to be at the right place at the right time," Alan Burns, 43, said Wednesday.

Burns said he was enjoying his weekend getaway at the Dorsan Suites when he heard a woman screaming. He looked up to see the toddler hanging from a railing on an outdoor walkway.

Burns and the woman ran underneath the child when the girl let go and fell into Burns' arms.

The baby's mother showed up several minutes later and was arrested on a charge of child neglect, police said. The woman was released on $1,000 bail.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/03/25/child.caught.ap/index.html

Shocked Great catch! (YOIKES!)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,052 • Replies: 9
No top replies

littlek

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 09:47 am
holy mole!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:03 am
Average Hero - Alan Burns!!! Great Job!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:04 am
The wonders of stickum...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:04 am
Undoubtedly the mother will plead that she was only gone for a minute.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:13 am
Undoubtedly.

How terrifying... good for Alan Burns! I wanna like send him some flowers or something.

E.G.'s uncle, when about 2, crawled out of his upstairs bedroom window, onto the roof, and then fell to the (grassy) ground. He thought it was great fun Shocked, all smiles, they only figured it out from the fact that his bedroom door was shut or locked or something, the small crater on the ground, and the fact that he showed up at the back door. Shocked Shocked
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:28 am
Neighbor of mine fell off the roof right onto his back and came out of it without a scratch. Can't say parental neglect was a factor, though: John was 94.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:32 am
Just 'cause they're 114 doesn't mean they shouldn't be watchin' out for their boy!!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:36 am
This is true. I hadn't thought of it that way. (John was always very amused that he still couldn't get along with his daughter -- who was 72.)
0 Replies

K e v i n

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 11:47 am
I dont know how old I was, but a long time ago (not that long, as I am only 16) my parents were having a party, and I managed to crawl out an open door Rolling Eyes . My uncle found me half a block away in a park.
0 Replies