Please edit it

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 06:01 pm

A: I thought the point was that North Korea was advising foreigners in Seoul that they might not be safe because a missile might land there.

B: Earlier reporters all said NK warned foreigners in Pyongyang, not Seoul. The reason is simple: foreigners in Pyongyang are easy to inform, while the latter hard or impossible. Besides, NK threatens to attack US cities including Austin of Texas, why doesn't NK inform foreigners in United States to evacuate, saying it can't guarantee their safety? Because no need to, except the foreigners are in NK capital since US counterattack will be immediate and inevitable.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 442 • Replies: 4
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
JTT

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 07:21 pm
@oristarA,
Edit it to what end, Ori? Is this a conversation between two people, a newspaper report, an academic paper, ... ?
oristarA

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 07:29 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Edit it to what end, Ori? Is this a conversation between two people, a newspaper report, an academic paper, ... ?

Ordinary conversation between two common people in everyday life. I wonder whether there are grammatical errors there.
0 Replies

JTT
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 07:32 pm
@oristarA,
A: I thought the point was that North Korea was advising foreigners in Seoul that they might not be safe because a missile might land there.

B: Earlier reporters all said NK warned foreigners in Pyongyang, not Seoul. The reason is simple: foreigners in Pyongyang are easy to inform, while the latter hard or impossible. Besides, NK threatens to attack US cities including Austin, [of] Texas, so why doesn't NK inform foreigners in United States to evacuate, saying it can't guarantee their safety? Because there's no need to, except for the foreigners who/that are in NK capital since a US counterattack will/would be immediate and inevitable.
oristarA

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 02:15 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

B: Earlier reporters all said NK warned foreigners in Pyongyang, not Seoul. The reason is simple: foreigners in Pyongyang are easy to inform, while the latter hard or impossible. Besides, NK threatens to attack US cities including Austin, [of] Texas, so why doesn't NK inform foreigners in United States to evacuate, saying it can't guarantee their safety? Because there's no need to, except for the foreigners who/that are in NK capital since a US counterattack will/would be immediate and inevitable.

Excellent!
0 Replies