Angelina Jolie's lips

nimh

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 04:57 pm
fealola wrote:
I don't see "scary" at all in QL! I think she's a classic beauty. Have you seen her Cover Girl commercial?

I was just talking about that picture you posted up there (with the shiny jacket) - if that's QL, then she's scary.

(Funny - just to show how "oblivious" not having TV has left me - last time I spent any thought on Queen Latifah was when I taped her CD, what was it called ... "All Hail the Queen". I was in high school then ...)
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 05:03 pm
same neckwear too husker!
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 06:06 pm
Big smile, same little tilt of the head!
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 07:11 pm
yes. very cool pose, if i DO say so mahself
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 09:48 pm
nimh wrote:
Is that Queen Latifah, really? Also Very Scary. Not to mention that noone wearing a jacket like that would even be allowed in my house, period.

I guess I won't be visiting any time soon, nimh. I love that jacket. I would buy it in a heartbeat...IF I could afford it. Looks like silk shantung...probably couture.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 09:57 pm
I agree Eva! Lovely silk jacket!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 10:54 pm
I agree that Queen Latifa has a gorgeous face.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 05:45 am
I think this is one of the most beautiful people in H-wood...

http://www.beyondthebox.org/vol.20/photos/AngelaBassett.jpghttp://film.onet.pl/_i/ludzie/b/bassett_angela/b.jpg
http://www.kinoweb.de/film2000/HowStellaGotHerGrooveBack/pix/sg1.jpg

but Queen is beautiful also (going back to the thread, I think they're both prettier than jolie)
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 09:14 am
That's a beautiful jacket the Queen is wearing. I don't get what's 'scary' about it at all. Please elaborate. What's scary about silk shantung?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 11:44 am
Its just all wrong. Couture or not, it looks cheap, garish. The kind of thing someone who hasnt traditionally had a lot of money would buy if she suddenly became rich. What snobs would call, in dutch, "ordinair" (which my dictionary (badly) translates as "common" or "vulgar". As in, wearing obvious gold is ordinair. Wearing clothing with visible brand names is ordinair. Gucci is kinda ordinair.)

Anyway. Its just way too much "in your face", and is that something silver she has on underneath that? Combining silver and gold in layers over each other, thats just wrong. And then there's this whole faux-corporate thing about it, like, using what I assume is intended as a sensual, soft material, but then forcing it into some semi-business suit cut, probably out of compensation ... very eighties, somehow, and not the kind thats making such a comeback now. Like, "Miami Vice". I dunno. It makes me think of my aunt from The Hague, who would put something like that on, once a year, if she went to some fancy do. Ouch.

(Hehhehheh. Channeling my inner doorbitch ... :wink: )
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 11:54 am
Hadn't remembered the name Angela Bassett, but she looks very pretty ... Now I looked up who she is, impressive list of movies. Boyz N the Hood was a good movie, and I still regret not having seen Malcolm X. Seen five of Lee's other movies, but not X - kickass soundtrack CD, tho.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 11:56 am
So we're on to beautiful black women now, huh? Tyra Banks should definitely be on this list then. What a rack. Laughing
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 12:01 pm
Yeah, Tyra Banks is very beautiful Very Happy

Hmm I guess this is where I fess up that back in high school, I used to have this thing for Lisa Bonet ... ;-)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 03:17 pm
(deleted duplicate post)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 03:19 pm
Quote:
Its just all wrong. Couture or not, it looks cheap, garish. The kind of thing someone who hasnt traditionally had a lot of money would buy if she suddenly became rich. What snobs would call, in dutch, "ordinair" (which my dictionary (badly) translates as "common" or "vulgar". As in, wearing obvious gold is ordinair. Wearing clothing with visible brand names is ordinair. Gucci is kinda ordinair.)

Anyway. Its just way too much "in your face", and is that something silver she has on underneath that? Combining silver and gold in layers over each other, thats just wrong. And then there's this whole faux-corporate thing about it, like, using what I assume is intended as a sensual, soft material, but then forcing it into some semi-business suit cut, probably out of compensation ... very eighties, somehow, and not the kind thats making such a comeback now. Like, "Miami Vice". I dunno. It makes me think of my aunt from The Hague, who would put something like that on, once a year, if she went to some fancy do. Ouch.

(Hehhehheh. Channeling my inner doorbitch ... )

Your standards are clearly different from ours, nimh. Well-dressed Americans often consider the typical European "tasteful" wardrobe drab and dull. Guess it all depends on where you are.

When I was in France last year, the only outfit I wore that got comments of approval was a long, straight black dress with a black and white printed scarf tied around the waist as a belt. (White sandals with heels, simple pearl earrings.) The same outfit has never elicited a single comment here at home. Not once.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 06:54 pm
Quote:
So we're on to beautiful black women now

sanaa lathan, who played opposite omar epps in "love & basketball"
http://diariodenoticias.cine.hispavista.com/imagenes/0loveba6.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 09:09 pm
I always thought Gillian Anderson was gorgeous. She has a classically beautiful face, but she's got an attitude/ intelligence/ humor thing that I like.

Well, I'm on the 10th page of a Google image search, and it's all cheesecake, which is fine, but I was going for an a/i/h shot. This'll have to do:

http://www.azerbaijancinema.com/img/photos/a3.jpg

OK, observation that has to do with some of nimh's comments: all the photos that were about what I was looking for -- smile, intelligence, personality -- were archived on NON-American sites. The rest of 'em were cheesecake, cheesecake, cookie-cutter pose, standard pout, cheesecake.

Hmph.

The attitude/ intelligence/ humor thing is what I tend to go for. Denzel Washington has this in spades. (Sigh...)

http://www.egyptiantheatre.com/ball/denzelweb.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 09:19 pm
This is a li'l better:

http://www.chez.com/xfiles1013/acteurs/images/gillian_anderson/ga24.jpg

Though the gold lame will condemn her to never set foot in nimh's abode... poor Gillian.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 09:40 pm
sozobe wrote:
This is a li'l better:

http://www.chez.com/xfiles1013/acteurs/images/gillian_anderson/ga24.jpg

Though the gold lame will condemn her to never set foot in nimh's abode... poor Gillian.

lol

actually - i had to reconstruct your link in the address bar cause just clicking it got me a 404 - but i can see it now - and that thing looks pretty cute! What she's wearing, I mean. Different planet from what the Queen had donned on the other picture. This, imho, is tasteful and looks "natural" - like, totally in flow with the person, not flashy, just precious.

kinda like the difference between a mercedes and a daimler, i guess ... ;-)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 09:42 pm
meanwhile, help me out here - whats "cheesecake"?
0 Replies