Is this considered cheating? HELP!

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 08:41 am
My girlfriend placed many restrictions on me.
She disallow me from talking to other girls and going out with other girls.
I was not allowed to go clubbing or partying too.

I promised her and she promised that she wouldn't do the things she made me promised her too.

However, she lied again and again. She went out with another guy alone to watch a movie behind my back, twice. She hit the clubs 2 times behind my back. Each time, I found out what she did and questioned her before she admitted to them.

I kept all my promises. But she broke all the promises that she made me promise her. It was really hurtful. Also, after we had quarrels and fights, she would be texting a guy asking him out to watch movies or to accompany her out to shop. I only managed to find out once, I do not know how many times have she done these.

Is this considered cheating? Is my girlfriend cheating my trust?
Why is she lying to me? Why is she doing these?

Ragman

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 09:08 am
@Vincentteo321,
The real question here is why are you still seeing her? If it were me, I'd end it! She's not to be trusted. Cheating or not, she's LYING.

Also, you find the need to check up on her. This indicates, rightly so, you don't trust her.

They named a street after her - ONE WAY!
jespah

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 09:28 am
@Ragman,
Beyond that, restrictions?! I mean, beyond not seeing other people, the imposition of rules is, well, it's nasty and controlling behavior. Life does not need to be like that.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 09:55 am
She sounds a bit like the girlfriend from hell. But she must have some attributes that keep you attached to her. Could it be the sex?
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 02:18 pm
@Vincentteo321,
What Ragman said. It's beyond me to understand why you tolerate her.
0 Replies

amy37

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 03:56 pm
@Vincentteo321,
I don't think it's considered cheating, but it's pretty bad that she; 1) broke her promise to you, and 2) lied to you.

Very close to cheating if her promises mean nothing and she can't be trusted. I wouldn't be surprised if she did cheat on you. I would watch yourself Vincentteo, she can't be trusted. Sad
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 04:02 pm
Because . . . she trusts herself more than she trusts you.

You were wrong to have all those conditions put on you without it being mutually on her. What were you thinking? You allowed yourself to be used and manipulated - now you complain about it.

Renegotiate those "terms" in your relationship - or get away from her.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 04:04 pm
@Vincentteo321,
So what do you do... Sit behind a computer, watch TV, text, get fat, become a loser, loose all of you buddies, never establish how a female thinks, because you never get to talk to other girls, only your "girlfriend"....

Are you living? I don't think so.

Who cares if she is "cheating" what she is cheating, is you out of a life...

Get the heck out of there.
0 Replies

Nawab

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:44 am
@Vincentteo321,
In my view not keeping the promises and lying is cheating.

Apart from that putting hell lot of restrictions on you will make your life miserable. There is point in continuing in this kind of a realationship
0 Replies