Public Toilet Etiquette

Linkat

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 02:49 pm
Is it just me or what? I have certain issues with public and work restrooms. First why is it necessary to hang up a sign in restaurant bathrooms stating that employees must wash hands before returning to work? I would hope these people know better. Or at the very least their managers have trained them on proper food handling behavior including washing your hands. If this is a health code requirement, can't they hang the sign elsewhere? As a patron of a restaurant, I do not need to have that vision as I wash my hands.

Now why do people have to be so disgusting in the bathrooms at work? At the end of the day, I prefer holding it rather than using the bathroom. Can't people clean up after themselves? Wet sinks, paper towels/toilet paper on the floor, wet toilet seats, etc.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,391 • Replies: 41
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 03:20 pm
Linkat- I don't know for sure, but I think that we can make an assumption. since you see those signs in restaurants EVERYWHERE, there must be some labor law which requires the notice.

As far a people leaving dirty bathrooms, I could complain for hours on that one. The thing that really gets to me, is when someone does not want to sit on the toilet seat. She lines the seat with paper.................................which she leaves when she finishes! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 03:25 pm
Here is a link to Florida health inspections. As you see, the sign is required. I would assume that there are similar laws in other states.

http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/hr/programs/fs_inspections.shtml

Quote:
The inspector examines the restrooms. He checks their adequacy, condition and cleanliness. Are they well ventilated? Does everything work, including soap and towel dispensers? If the restroom is used by employees, it must have both hot and cold water, and the inspector makes sure both are working. He looks for the "employees must wash their hands before leaving" sign that must be posted in a conspicuous place.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 03:27 pm
nothing like a nasty john - I thought ladies took better care than the fellow counterparts
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 03:30 pm
I actually have not seen the signs in all restaurant bathrooms just some. But my suspicion is there is some type of required posting.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 03:32 pm
All I can tell you is the ladies room is gross. I like things clean and tidy and sometimes find myself picking up the paper towels off the floor.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 03:33 pm
Never so such sign for employees in restaurants her in Ermany [and those x-European countries, I've been, since the staff has their own rooms. ('Must have', at least in Germany.)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 03:36 pm
husker wrote:
nothing like a nasty john - I thought ladies took better care than the fellow counterparts

I've had a job cleaning both. I can't begin to tell you just how untrue that is...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 03:41 pm
patiodog wrote:
I've had a job cleaning both. I can't begin to tell you just how untrue that is...

Made a [published] (photo) story about that with some colleagues: men aren't so "literate" when you compare what's written on the walls as well as ... you know that, patio ...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 03:43 pm
"This toilet paper is like John Wayne: rough, tough, and it don't take sh*t off any a**hole."
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 03:45 pm
patiodog wrote:
husker wrote:

thanks for setting me straight - I appreciate your insight as a person who has done that Surprised
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 03:48 pm
No problem. Mi mierda-casa es su mierda-casa.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 03:56 pm
no thanks . . .
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 04:04 pm
patiodog wrote:
No problem. Mi mierda-casa es su mierda-casa.

usted dijo que con mucho amor
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 06:29 pm
We have public bathrooms in my office building, and yeah, it makes ya sick sometimes. I buy those Lysol wipes for the toilet seat now.
I am also unhappy to have noticed which of my coworkers don't wash their hands. Stuff like that always surprises me.
My mother must have done a good job!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 09:53 pm
Yep, women are pigs in public restrooms, but men, they just can't seem to figure out how to aim those things, sometimes not even in the right direction.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 03:18 am
suzy wrote:
I am also unhappy to have noticed which of my coworkers don't wash their hands. Stuff like that always surprises me.

I know what ya mean!! Well...maybe not co-workers...but people in general. How can you NOT wash your hands after using the facilities? Unless you can manage it hands free, and I don't think even Houdini coulda mastered that one. Ya gotta flush right?

I am also amazed by those who hold their hands under running water for about 2 seconds and think that does the job. Uhm...hello? Soap and water for a MINIMUM of 15 seconds.

*shudders at the thought*
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 08:02 am
Speaking of not washing your hands, I once read a study that was done in regard to that. In the study, they took samples from mint bowls at restaurants and found that there were traces of urine on them. No more mints for me!
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 08:08 am
Oh, yuk! No more mints for me either!
One woman I know once said "Well I don't pee on my hands!" Well, neither do I, but still...!
And some women pee all over the seat, too.
I think it's those darn squatters.
Quite annoying.
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 10:33 am
Linkat wrote:
Speaking of not washing your hands, I once read a study that was done in regard to that. In the study, they took samples from mint bowls at restaurants and found that there were traces of urine on them. No more mints for me!

Truly disgusting! No more for me either. It amazes me that some people have no conscience about trashing a public restroom. Surely they don't behave like that in their own homes. I'm also appalled at mom's who think nothing of taking boys who are obviously old enough to know the difference, into the ladies room. This happened to me just this week. The child, who appeared to be about eight was embarrassed and said "sorry" after pushing open my stall door, but mommy didn't say a word.
0 Replies