So...if tomorrow is Good Friday, what's today?

Walter Hinteler

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 05:43 am
@dlowan,
As nice as mine on that photo?
dlowan

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 06:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Nicer.
Walter Hinteler

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 07:45 am
@dlowan,
Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

margo

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 12:40 pm
@Thewordoftruth,
Thewordoftruth wrote:

The Origin of Easter
The name Easter, ...(and lots more...)

Well - that added not so much to proceedings.....
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 01:56 pm
@Thewordoftruth,
Thank you for that exegesis, Thewordoftruth. It's quite beyond my understanding why anyone would 'down-thumb' so interesting a dissertation . . . even if there is nothing new in it.
dlowan

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 03:27 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Shocking. Just shocking.
Roberta

Sun 31 Mar, 2013 06:31 am
@dlowan,
Back in my old neighborhood, the day before Good Friday was Thursday (actually Thoisday). The day after Good Friday was Saturday. And Good Friday wasn't all that good. It was just Friday.

A day is a day.
dlowan

Sun 31 Mar, 2013 07:20 am
@Roberta,
How about your new neighbourhood?
Roberta

Sun 31 Mar, 2013 07:27 am
@dlowan,
In my new neighborhood, there's so-so Thursday, pretty Good Friday, and Nice Saturday. This week, lots of churchbells ringing. Last week there were lots of people walking around with yarmulkas. I live in an ecuminical neighborhood.
dlowan

Sun 31 Mar, 2013 07:39 am
@Roberta,
Sounds good to me!

It's now whatchamacallit Sunday here.
0 Replies

Ragman

Sun 31 Mar, 2013 08:00 am
@Roberta,
there's lots of acumen there?
dlowan

Sun 31 Mar, 2013 08:04 am
@Ragman,
Groan...
0 Replies

jcboy

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 05:54 pm
It's Good Friday. So just for today, whenever a Republican bashes Obama, I'm just going to assume they're actually celebrating in the traditional way by crucifying someone who might actually help the poor.

Yes, this is the point where you realize that equates Obama and Jesus and **** hits the fan. Razz
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 06:21 pm
As longtimers on a2k know, I'm an atheist who used to be a very fervent catholic, oh, fifty plus years ago.

I've worked out some of my palaver to myself over the years, and, in sum, I am not against faith in religion, others will go there searching. I'm against forcing faith on people, and so on, ruling others by it. Something about the kingdom and the glory (I forget if that was a play or what, or what it was about).

I don't want to make fun of good friday, mainly because I liked, loved, some of the described Jesus. More that I don't want to mock an apparent man with good ideas, whether or not he is some construct.

izzythepush

Sat 4 Apr, 2015 02:33 am
@ossobuco,
You could always celebrate the signing of the Good Friday Agreement which brought peace to Northern Ireland.
0 Replies

saab

Sat 4 Apr, 2015 04:12 am
What is the Thursday. In Germany it is green and in Scandinavia it is pale and in USA it is Maundy Thursday. In Sweden the witches fly to Blocksberg (Germany) to dance with the Devil so for Easter when they return we have bonfires. Little girls dress up as witches, with broom, basket for eggs and a coffeepot. We also decorate with witches.
We were in USA and my husband asked me to look in the paper if there were any church service on Maundy Thursday - which I misunderstood and after searching for a long time told him "There are no churchservices between
Monday and Thursday"
http://static2.weatherpal.se/files/images/news/2013-03/12359511153772474_7881_custom_item.jpg
0 Replies