What diet should I go on to lose 15-20 lbs?

Sun 24 Mar, 2013 07:21 pm
I have been dieting for about a year now, and all I managed to do was gain 10 lbs. I am currently about 115 lbs right now, and I want to lose 15 lbs. My mother weighs 101 lbs. My friends all have BMIs below 20. I am the fat one, because I have a bmi of 22ish. That's too fat for a 14 year old girl, and nothing will ever change that standard. Guys just don't like girls with BMIs over 20. I eat 1000-1600 calories daily, and burn about 300-600 through excersise. I am starting to do running more often, and I am joining the track team. How can I get down to at least 105 lbs?

Ragman

Sun 24 Mar, 2013 08:04 pm
@jisykudosy,
Who told you that your weight is too fat for a 14 year old girl?

How tall are you? Without your stating your height, it's hard for anyone to render a worthwhile opinion or advise you accurately.

At age 14 you're body is changing quite a bit. I think you may need to be more objective and understanding of how your body is changing and the maturation effects of puberty.

Also, there is nothing wrong at all with BMI of 22% as it's well in the range of the norm. I seriously doubt that all your friends have a BMI at 20% or under unless they're all elite athletes.
jisykudosy

Sun 24 Mar, 2013 08:17 pm
@Ragman,
I am 5'2. I should be 98-106 lbs.
aarenace

Mon 25 Mar, 2013 01:37 am
@jisykudosy,
Control your portions- eat a little bit less each day.

If you don't wanna do that, try eating oatmeal for breakfast. It's low in calories and keeps you full longer than most breakfast foods like cereal.
0 Replies

Ragman

Mon 25 Mar, 2013 04:42 am
@jisykudosy,
You're inaccurate. Where are you getting that info? 110-115 lbs is actually ideal for that height. BMI of 22% is normal and quite respectable. At age 14, you might be wise to stop focusing so much on your weight so you don't end up with a distorted body image or an eating disorder.
0 Replies

Stephanie Ingram

Mon 25 Mar, 2013 05:03 am
@jisykudosy,
Control your Oily dishes.....
0 Replies

Nooneleft

Mon 25 Mar, 2013 05:43 am
@jisykudosy,
jisykudosy wrote:

I have been dieting for about a year now, and all I managed to do was gain 10 lbs. I am currently about 115 lbs right now, and I want to lose 15 lbs. My mother weighs 101 lbs. My friends all have BMIs below 20. I am the fat one, because I have a bmi of 22ish. That's too fat for a 14 year old girl, and nothing will ever change that standard. Guys just don't like girls with BMIs over 20. I eat 1000-1600 calories daily, and burn about 300-600 through excersise. I am starting to do running more often, and I am joining the track team. How can I get down to at least 105 lbs?

You're just fine, don't worry about your weight! Just focus on being a kid,and boys can care less about your BMI girl! Wink
0 Replies

Advocate

Mon 25 Mar, 2013 08:21 am
I read a book some time ago on substituting healthy food for fattening food. For instance, I substituted an apple for my usual desert. I got use to this in a very short time, and quickly lost about 25 pounds.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Mon 25 Mar, 2013 02:11 pm
@jisykudosy,
Too many focus too narrowly on the diet alone, often forgets to keep and lies a little to one self all the time.

Why are you in the first place overweight?

Do you have the selfdiciplin to keep the diet 100%?

Will you after the end of the diet keep your weight down?

Choose a healthy diet, not 1 that destroys your body, too agressive diets destroys the celluar buildup of your tissue, thus it will sack and cause rincles. I know many "yoyo" people who are on very agressive diets all the time, they look 15-20 years older than me, very rincled.

Choose a diet that will gradually lower your weight over long time, in a healthy manner.

Eat lots of veggiens, not sweet fruit. Fruits contain lots of sugar and fattens!

0 Replies

devynpeter

Tue 2 Apr, 2013 05:38 am
@jisykudosy,
If you want to lost weight you have to burn more calories than you take in. In order to lose 15lbs of weight you should eat less than 1600 calories a day. So cut your calories significantly and burn calories by exercising then you can lose weight fast. You have to be very careful about what foods you are eating, because some of the foods like high sugar and carbohydrate foods can cause to gain weight.
Advocate

Tue 2 Apr, 2013 09:46 am
@devynpeter,
devynpeter wrote:

If you want to lost weight you have to burn more calories than you take in. In order to lose 15lbs of weight you should eat less than 1600 calories a day. So cut your calories significantly and burn calories by exercising then you can lose weight fast. You have to be very careful about what foods you are eating, because some of the foods like high sugar and carbohydrate foods can cause to gain weight.

As I indicated before, I found it easy to lose weight by substituting filling, but low-calory, foods. It doesn't take very long to get use to this, and stop yearning for the burgers and other fattening foods.

While the Atkins diet (low carbohydrate) works, it doesn't appear very healthy.
0 Replies

thedentalimplant

Thu 4 Apr, 2013 02:51 am
@jisykudosy,
Consult dietitian. Add lemon and honey in water and drink it in empty stomach after getting up from bed.
0 Replies

hcgexecutive

Thu 11 Apr, 2013 01:35 am
I think you should follow balanced diet plan.........
0 Replies

amygarside

Thu 11 Apr, 2013 06:24 am
@jisykudosy,
You are just 14 years old, you are still growing and your body will change. Maybe you should address first your problem with how your weigh. Talk to an expert about body image and how you see yourself. If you constantly think that you are fat you might end up with an eating disorder.
0 Replies

jespah

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 06:41 am
You really don't know WTF you're talking about.
0 Replies

edwardgordy

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 07:01 am
@jisykudosy,
If you want to reduce at least 105 lbs then you should follow a schedule and consume low calorie foods. You can prefer honey and lemon juice for reducing weight. You can also drink green tea for getting better result.
0 Replies

hcgexecutive

Wed 5 Jun, 2013 02:45 am
I think yoga and dally workout is best....
0 Replies

EmberDragoness

Tue 27 Aug, 2013 03:10 pm
@jisykudosy,
You should not worry about your weight. You're the perfect weight for your age. I'm 13 (almost 14), 5 feet 3 inches, and I'm 115 pounds. Perfect weight. You also shouldn't worry about what boys think about you. I have both guy friends and girl friends, and I don't care what my guy friends (and all other boys) think about me. Life isn't about getting someone to think you look "hot" or beautiful, or whatever. Smile 1000-1600 calories is fine. Keep doing what you're doing now. Also, BMI is a load of crap. BMI calculators don't include your body shape, or muscle mass. I've used lots of different calculators, and one said 110 pounds is obese for a 13 year old (that was BEFORE I grew and gained 5 pounds).
Also, if your friends have BMIs below 20, they may need to gain a few pounds (depends on their age/current weight).
Hope this helped Smile You are fine just the way you are Very Happy
0 Replies

Advocate

Tue 27 Aug, 2013 03:42 pm
Some time ago, I read a book on losing weight that somewhat changed my life. I lost a lot of weight (for me) and have kept it off easily.

The book tells us to substitute food. For instance, instead of a typical desert of, say, pie, eat an apple instead. The apple is filling, contains only 80 calories, and is good for you. The book contains many other healthy and nonfattening foods that can substitute for all kinds of fattening and unhealthy food.

I found that I could get use to this substitution diet within only a couple of weeks.

I don't recall the book's title, but am sure that there are other books with the same advice.
0 Replies