12

What diet should I go on to lose 15-20 lbs?

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2013 07:21 pm
I have been dieting for about a year now, and all I managed to do was gain 10 lbs. I am currently about 115 lbs right now, and I want to lose 15 lbs. My mother weighs 101 lbs. My friends all have BMIs below 20. I am the fat one, because I have a bmi of 22ish. That's too fat for a 14 year old girl, and nothing will ever change that standard. Guys just don't like girls with BMIs over 20. I eat 1000-1600 calories daily, and burn about 300-600 through excersise. I am starting to do running more often, and I am joining the track team. How can I get down to at least 105 lbs?

Ragman

2  
Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2013 08:04 pm
@jisykudosy,
Who told you that your weight is too fat for a 14 year old girl?

How tall are you? Without your stating your height, it's hard for anyone to render a worthwhile opinion or advise you accurately.

At age 14 you're body is changing quite a bit. I think you may need to be more objective and understanding of how your body is changing and the maturation effects of puberty.

Also, there is nothing wrong at all with BMI of 22% as it's well in the range of the norm. I seriously doubt that all your friends have a BMI at 20% or under unless they're all elite athletes.
jisykudosy

1  
Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2013 08:17 pm
@Ragman,
I am 5'2. I should be 98-106 lbs.
Alliee

0  
Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2013 01:16 am
@jisykudosy,
You do not need to lose any weight at all. Your weight is just fine nothing enough is required to be done rather the exercise you are going through. Taking 1400-1600 calories are good to go. I think the rule is about 100 pounds for someone 5 foot 5 pounds for every inch above that.

aarenace

1  
Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2013 01:37 am
@jisykudosy,
Control your portions- eat a little bit less each day.

If you don't wanna do that, try eating oatmeal for breakfast. It's low in calories and keeps you full longer than most breakfast foods like cereal.

Ragman

7  
Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2013 04:42 am
@jisykudosy,
You're inaccurate. Where are you getting that info? 110-115 lbs is actually ideal for that height. BMI of 22% is normal and quite respectable. At age 14, you might be wise to stop focusing so much on your weight so you don't end up with a distorted body image or an eating disorder.

Stephanie Ingram

0  
Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2013 05:03 am
@jisykudosy,
Control your Oily dishes.....

Nooneleft

3  
Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2013 05:43 am
@jisykudosy,
jisykudosy wrote:

You're just fine, don't worry about your weight! Just focus on being a kid,and boys can care less about your BMI girl! Wink

Advocate

1  
Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2013 08:21 am
I read a book some time ago on substituting healthy food for fattening food. For instance, I substituted an apple for my usual desert. I got use to this in a very short time, and quickly lost about 25 pounds.

HexHammer

-2  
Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2013 02:11 pm
@jisykudosy,
Too many focus too narrowly on the diet alone, often forgets to keep and lies a little to one self all the time.

Why are you in the first place overweight?

Do you have the selfdiciplin to keep the diet 100%?

Will you after the end of the diet keep your weight down?

Choose a healthy diet, not 1 that destroys your body, too agressive diets destroys the celluar buildup of your tissue, thus it will sack and cause rincles. I know many "yoyo" people who are on very agressive diets all the time, they look 15-20 years older than me, very rincled.

Choose a diet that will gradually lower your weight over long time, in a healthy manner.

Eat lots of veggiens, not sweet fruit. Fruits contain lots of sugar and fattens!

devynpeter

-1  
Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 05:38 am
@jisykudosy,
If you want to lost weight you have to burn more calories than you take in. In order to lose 15lbs of weight you should eat less than 1600 calories a day. So cut your calories significantly and burn calories by exercising then you can lose weight fast. You have to be very careful about what foods you are eating, because some of the foods like high sugar and carbohydrate foods can cause to gain weight.
crank

-2  
Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 07:05 am
@jisykudosy,
Weight watchers diet is the best diet for losing the weight easily. Apart from the diet, better to develop an habit of doing exercises regularly.

Advocate

1  
Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 09:46 am
@devynpeter,
devynpeter wrote:

As I indicated before, I found it easy to lose weight by substituting filling, but low-calory, foods. It doesn't take very long to get use to this, and stop yearning for the burgers and other fattening foods.

While the Atkins diet (low carbohydrate) works, it doesn't appear very healthy.

thedentalimplant

0  
Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 02:51 am
@jisykudosy,
Consult dietitian. Add lemon and honey in water and drink it in empty stomach after getting up from bed.

hcgexecutive

0  
Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 01:35 am
I think you should follow balanced diet plan.........

amygarside

2  
Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 06:24 am
@jisykudosy,
You are just 14 years old, you are still growing and your body will change. Maybe you should address first your problem with how your weigh. Talk to an expert about body image and how you see yourself. If you constantly think that you are fat you might end up with an eating disorder.

crank

-3  
Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 04:10 am
@jisykudosy,
You can lose weight easily, just by adding one to two drops of coconut oil in tea. or
else have green tea twice a day.

2  
Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 06:41 am
@crank,
You really don't know WTF you're talking about.

edwardgordy

0  
Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 07:01 am
@jisykudosy,
If you want to reduce at least 105 lbs then you should follow a schedule and consume low calorie foods. You can prefer honey and lemon juice for reducing weight. You can also drink green tea for getting better result.

hcgexecutive

0  
Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 02:45 am
I think yoga and dally workout is best....