My girl asked my mate to give her his number twice. He calls her at about 1am and ….

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 10:45 am
I started dating my girl about 6 months ago and things were great until I introduced her to my bestfriend. He used to tell my girl how she wished all other girl he dated were like my girl and he brags about his house and car and my girl kept reassuring me that she is not like that. We go to his house and he would be talking to mainly my girlfriend and tells her that he would prepare or give her anything she wants. About 2 months into the relationship, my girl added him on Facebook and asked for his number. She said she had her reason and I would see in the future. They communicated a few times until I found out about it and she deleted his number and said it won’t happen again. Last month I asked for a break as she said I meant a break up and the same day she asked my bestfriend for his number and they spoke on the phone that night and messaged each other a few times after that. We got back after 3days and they continue to talk to each other. He even calls her at about 1am early in the morning and they talk for more than an hour while we are still going out. Just about a week ago, he told my girl that he’ve not been very forward as he wanted because he met her through me. She never told me any of this, I found out myself. My girl said she will write to the dude (my bestfriend) and ask him not to contact her again and tell him that we are back. I told the dude that we are back but he still kept contacting her – she wrote the message and sent it only to me as the dude said he never got the message. Then I asked my girl to resend the message but she slyly refused to do that up until now. She has got 2 phones and I told her she shouldn’t contact my bestfriend with her other number that it would break me if he has her 2 phone numbers. Lo and behold I went to her phone this morning and I saw that she has been communication with my bestfriend on other phone that I told her not to contact him with until we figure this whole thing out. And he called her at about 1am last night again.
If you were in my situation, what are you going to do? I want feedbacks from both male and female. Help me out guys!

jespah

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 11:13 am
@Daniel Ilford,
Trying to understand this.

Your girl asked for your best (male) friend's phone #, and never gave you a reason. Not that such things need to be justified, but it does seem a bit weird, unless they were planning a surprise party, going into business together or whatever.

The two of you go on a break for a while. During that time frame, the contact between them is amped up. The guy is (I think) pushing her to go out.

You get back together. The guy continues pushing. Your girlfriend does not delete his contact info and takes his messages (and possibly also his calls) but at least tells you about them.

Is that close to being correct?
---
Of course your girlfriend has the right to contact anyone she wishes, and she has a right to some privacy in that. However, your male pal has overstepped his bounds in a big way, and continues to do so, despite the fact that she has told him that the two of you are an item again.

I think you're not going about this so well at all. Instead of confronting her, I think it would make a lot more sense for you to confront him. Tell him - Susan (or whatever her name is) and I are going out again.. If he is your friend, he will cut it out, and not try to horn in on your action.

If he's not, then, well, he's not your friend, of course, and he won't be whether you stay with your girl or not.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 08:44 pm
I am just thinking that this guy is NOT your best friend because best friends don't move in on their friend's gal.

I am thinking that your girlfriend is NOT your girlfriend because GFs don't flirt with their BF's best friend.

So you are in the middle of these two people and I am thinking that you don't see what is going on. Wake up, my friend.
0 Replies

debrafrancis

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 10:07 am
@Daniel Ilford,
First I am going to take a wild jump and bet you are a young person, because this sounds like boyfriend girlfriend stuff from the kid years. Second, I'd tell them to be a happy couple and find someone who wanted me. Not so complicated. I've been through breakups and a few days, some swear words, and an event in town pretty much wipes it from memory.
0 Replies

lug mauler

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 11:33 am
@Daniel Ilford,
dude he's been hustling her from the get go, and she's been eating it up. the fact she has 2 phones and he has both numbers is a dead give away, though i must at this time state that i agree with another commenter, she does have some right to privacy that or you need to be forking your phone over to her as well. it's a 2 way street.
i truly can't say yeh or nay on wether or not they have knocked boots, but the chances are very good they have. once you have done as yet another commentor stated, confronting him, and it still continues then you just have to live with it or move on.
0 Replies