Obunga DHS preparing for a war?

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 08:53 am
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2013/03/11/1-6-billion-rounds-of-ammo-for-homeland-security-its-time-for-a-national-conversation/

Quote:

1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security? It's Time For A National Conversation.....

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,673 • Replies: 37
No top replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 05:35 pm
@gungasnake,
http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/why-does-obama-need-1-6-billion-bullets/

Civil war prep?? I mean, that's enough to shoot every man, woman, and child in the USA multiple times... On the other hand, if DHS/Obunga/Big-Sis is preparing to invade Canada or Guatemala, where are the LSTs and other assault craft??
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 04:18 am
http://www.examiner.com/article/stockpile-dhs-announces-second-4-5-million-gun-purchase-less-than-a-week
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 09:52 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbfjxjpKoR8&feature=player_detailpage
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 10:07 pm
hopefully they're planning to take down the NRA. Be very scared, Wayne LaPierre. Time to pry their guns from tehir cold, dead fingers.
0 Replies

ZarathustraReborn

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 05:51 pm
And the scary thing is that they purchased hallow points. I was in the military a long time, and never once did we use HALLOW POINTS to train with.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 08:28 pm
@ZarathustraReborn,
Question is, who do they plan to use all that **** on?? And, if they're planning to invade Canada or Brazil or Argentina, where are the LSTs and other assault ships they'd need to be buying??
gungasnake

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 04:03 am
@gungasnake,
http://www.infowars.com/big-sis-refuses-to-answer-congress-on-ammo-purchases/
0 Replies

ZarathustraReborn

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:56 am
@gungasnake,
You are presuming either one of two things: 1) that the preparatory actions being currently engaged in by our government is complete, or, 2) that the majority of our military procurements are public record. I would think either to be a fallacy.

I honestly do not know why they provisioned themselves with such an extreme amount of ammunition. But this is Homeland Security here-- not the Army, not the Navy-- Homeland Security. The post-9/11 Minipax of our age. That is not comforting, no matter their intentions. But the new Feinstein-NDAA legislation doesn't exactly put my mind at ease about the situation.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 11:04 am
@gungasnake,
Better stop posting so they can't get your full location details.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 11:27 am
@gungasnake,
The original story that the crackpots have seized on while ignoring the real facts is here.

http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_22594279/homeland-security-aims-buy-1-6-billion-rounds

Quote:
WASHINGTON — The Homeland Security Department wants to buy more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition in the next four or five years. It says it needs them — about the equivalent of five cartridges for every person in the United States — for law enforcement agents in training and on duty.

The government's explanation is less sinister. Federal solicitations to buy the ammo are known as "strategic sourcing contracts," which help the government get a low price for a big purchase, says Peggy Dixon, spokeswoman for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Ga. The training center and others like it run by the Homeland Security Department use as many as 15 million rounds every year, mostly on shooting ranges and in training exercises.

Read more: Homeland Security aims to buy 1.6 billion rounds of ammo - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_22594279/homeland-security-aims-buy-1-6-billion-rounds#ixzz2OI41C1Yi

So... this is actually over 5-6 years and a lot of it will be used for training over that time period. If we simply assume 10 training ranges that use 15 million rounds per year for 6 years that totals almost 1 billion rounds there.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 11:29 am
@ZarathustraReborn,
Homeland security includes the Coast Guard, ICE, Border patrol and the Secret Service.

I suppose the Secret Service could be stocking up to protect the President from all the nut cases that are stocking up while whining about how they want to take down the government.
parados

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 01:13 pm
@gungasnake,
The interesting thing is that amount of ammo won't go far in a war zone.

Quote:
US forces have fired so many bullets in Iraq and Afghanistan - an estimated 250,000 for every insurgent killed - that American ammunition-makers cannot keep up with demand.

A government report says that US forces are now using 1.8 billion rounds of small-arms ammunition a year.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/us-forced-to-import-bullets-from-israel-as-troops-use-250000-for-every-rebel-killed-28580666.html
ZarathustraReborn

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 05:01 pm
@parados,
Well, we know as a matter of course they won't need them for good party members like yourself. Talk to me when you've been overseas for 10 years in the good-warm-fuzzy-infectiously-active-idealism-spreading in the Middle East. Our government is actively criminal; not only deed, but in the tacit implications of nondisclosure. I have seen horrors that good old Time Warner, Walt Disney, Viacom, Rupert Murdoch's News Corp., CBS Corporation and NBC Universal never once even mentioned a peep about. They were there though. Hell, they have their own private geo-satellites to watch the action live if they wished to. But, strangely... not a murmur.

So go on O'Brien, drink the Kool-aid. Forget vigilance, perspicuity, a state of preparedness, and allow the contentment derived of a dollar double cheeseburger obviate your moral duty.

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to become passive in its presence and thereby eventually lose all ability to defend ourselves and those we love." -- Julian Assange
0 Replies

ZarathustraReborn

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 05:12 pm
@parados,
But on another note, I don't know as a matter of fact that these munition purchases are going to be used towards a subversive end-- I merely interpret it as a sign that the federal government is preparing for civil unrest in the United States. The implications of this...? Now that I won't speculate upon. But if it is a "five year plan," then why did they just buy 750 million last year? And 250 million the year before that? Why such a steep increase every year? Population doesn't grow exponentially in TWO years.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2013/03/11/1-6-billion-rounds-of-ammo-for-homeland-security-its-time-for-a-national-conversation/
parados

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 05:42 pm
@ZarathustraReborn,
You do realize that the 1.6 billion is for 5 years, don't you? Or perhaps you didn't bother to read past the headline or check out any of the sources.

Quote:
The Homeland Security Department wants to buy more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition in the next four or five years.

Read more: Homeland Security aims to buy 1.6 billion rounds of ammo - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_22594279/homeland-security-aims-buy-1-6-billion-rounds#ixzz2OJajCzQz

That would be only about 320 million each year over 5 years. Why the decrease? Population didn't decrease did it?
ZarathustraReborn

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 06:14 pm
@parados,
"Spending money this way is beyond absurd well into perverse. According to the AP story a DHS spokesperson justifies this acquisition to “help the government get a low price for a big purchase.” Peggy Dixon, spokeswoman for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center: “The training center and others like it run by the Homeland Security Department use as many as 15 million rounds every year, mostly on shooting ranges and in training exercises.”

At 15 million rounds (which, in itself, is pretty extraordinary and sounds more like fun target-shooting-at-taxpayer-expense than a sensible training exercise) … that’s a stockpile that would last DHS over a century. To claim that it’s to “get a low price” for a ridiculously wasteful amount is an argument that could only fool a career civil servant."

So, there that is.
roger

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 06:40 pm
@ZarathustraReborn,
I have to wonder about the shelf life of all this ammunition.

When I was in the service, all training was done with armor piercing ammo to avoid ricochets, and hollow points were prohibited to the military by one of the Hague Conventions. Maybe there's some thought that if ammunition doesn't exist for sale, no one will be selling guns at retail. A boon to ammunition makers, not so good for shooters.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 06:55 pm
12+ congressmen demanding an investigation:

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/03/dhs-ammunition-stockpile-over-a-dozen-congressmen-demanding-investigation/

Quote:

Just a couple of days ago, I reported on two congressmen who were demanding that the Department of Homeland Security explain their solicitations of 1.6 billion bullets for purchase. Congressman Leonard Lance (R-NJ) and Representative Timothy Huelscamp (R-KS) both want answers to why DHS needs to be purchasing that much ammunition, seeing that they are a domestic agency. Congressman Doug LaMalfa (R-CA) along with 14 other House representatives have written a letter to DHS wanting to know what the Federal agency is buying so many rounds of ammunition and whether or not they are doing it deliberately to restrict the supply to the American people.

That’s right friends. With the main stream wanting to poo poo this story, it is finally making its way to House Representatives and there are finally voices calling for accountability.

“The extraordinary level of ammunition purchases made by Homeland Security seems to have, in states such as my own, created an extreme shortage of ammunition to the point where many gun owners are unable to purchase any,” LaMalfa wrote in the letter.

LaMalfa pointed out that there are spending cuts, which I’ve pointed out are not any real cuts, across the board, so he wants to know why nearly 2 billion rounds of ammunition, enough for a 24 year war, were being solicited by DHS. “In light of these developments, the lack of transparency and questions that have been raised pertaining to these purchases,” Representative LaMalfa asked the following of DHS:
For what purpose is the Department of Homeland Security purchasing over 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition?
How many rounds of ammunition does Homeland Security currently have in its possession?
Is the current level of ammunition purchases by the Department in line with previous levels of ammunition purchases made by the Department?
In response to inquiries into these purchases, why has the Department redacted, blacked out, or classified certain sections of its solicitations that had been previously available to the public?
Are these purchases being conducted in a manner that strategically denies the American people access to ammunition?
How much has Homeland Security spent purchasing ammunition within the last year when it was clear the department was likely to face a budget cut? Please include planned expenditures for current bid solicitations in this figure.

The letter was signed by fifteen members of Congress, including LaMalfa.

Not only has this hurt law enforcement, as some have had to restrict their use of ammunition, as well as how much police officers are allowed to carry, but it has led for an increased demand in the marketplace. With that said, we must take into account how the market works. Part of the reasons for ammunition and gun availability is due to citizen’s run on both following the 2012 elections (and yes, the numbers are clear that fraud was committed, but is anyone doing anything about it?).

The Congressman and his staff were traveling Thursday and according to his office they are back in California, so he was unavailable to comment himself to Freedom Outpost.

Rick Greco, who is a Redding Gun shop owner, said he was troubled by “panic buying” due to proposed gun legislation. “Gun control (talks) have the reverse effect,” Greco said. “They say they are going to try to protect us by taking our guns away. It doesn’t make sense. All that does is it fuels the sense that ‘I better buy now because I might not be able to later.’”

While the Federal government said last month that the munitions purchases for Homeland Security that are to be purchased over the next four to five years are for law enforcement agents that are training and on duty, LaMalfa is suspicious, as we all are with this administration.

The Federal solicitations to purchase ammunition are known as “strategic sourcing contracts.” These help ensure a low price for a large purchase.

One thing that should not be overlooked in all of this is that Barack Obama did say that he thought he should have a “civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded” as the military. Take into account that Obama’s DHS graduated its first group of FEMA corps, reminiscent of Hitler’s Brown Shirts, back in September, 2012.

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/03/dhs-ammunition-stockpile-over-a-dozen-congressmen-demanding-investigation/#ixzz2OJtrWejJ
0 Replies

ZarathustraReborn

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 11:29 pm
@roger,
Not really. That stuff will last forever, especially stored the way they keep it. Cool temps mostly. But, yes, ammo is incredibly scarce right now. 5.56 is a $1.00 plus. Perhaps $o.85 ppr if bought in the thousands.

I have seen places out of .22 ammo. Craziness. They are all pressing out .40 cals for DHS.