Pregnancy

Sams99

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 03:58 am
Is it possible I have taken a pregnancy test to early, my last period was the 03rd feb, which lasted 5 days, I took a pregnancy test on the 11th march thinking I may be pregnant as my period seems to be late! The test came back negative, it is now the 14th march and I still do not have my period! Could I possibly still be pregnant even thou I had a negative test from a home pregnancy test?

amygarside

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 06:08 am
@Sams99,
Maybe you are just stressed out that is why your period has not come yet. But you can also consult a doctor.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 07:32 am
@Sams99,
Did you have unprotected sex after your last period? Are you using any type of birth control? When during the previous month did you have sex?

IF you generally have a regular 28-day cycle then you would have ovulated around the 17th of the month. You were potentially fertile from 5 days before that to 2 days after (say the 12th-19th of Feb). March 11th is well past the first date of your next cycle and should be strongly positive if you are in fact pregnant.

For a pregnancy test to give a false negative result you'd have to take it within two weeks of getting pregnant, which would have put your ovulation time much later than the 17th. It would be closer to the 25th. Did you have unprotected sex in that time frame?
kwazi

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 01:07 pm
Yes u could be if u had unprotected sex the same thing happened to me. I took a pregnancy Test it said negative I was so happy only to miss my period the next month. Then my boyfriend said I think u need to take the test again I did and I was pregnant so yes it happens
0 Replies

Sams99

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 02:07 pm
@JPB,
We had unprotected sex on the 28th feb, 02nd march and the 7th march? Partner was away for the 3 weeks in feb Sad I'm not on contraception as we are both trying to conceive. I'm just worried as my period is never ever this late! Maybe it is just stress though perhaps, but it is like 10 days late today
0 Replies