GOODBYE ERNIE (1998-2013)

Below viewing threshold (view)
Lordyaswas

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 08:34 am
@JTT,
I know you like to plumb new depths in order to show us all what an utter arse you are sometimes, JTT, but please leave this thread alone and go and be nasty somewhere else.
There are times and places where nastiness should be set aside, sir, and this is one of them.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Rockhead

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 09:30 am
@JTT,
http://able2know.org/topic/224859-1
Ragman

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 10:04 am
@Lordyaswas,
So, Lawdy how's UK weather today?

FM, are you rid of those winter blahs yet?
farmerman

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 10:16 am
@Ragman,
Ive been trying to garden but we haven't really had a spring yet. Its either all rain or all wind.

Ive been doing lotsa macro photoing .
farmerman

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 10:19 am
@Lordyaswas,
PS I got the link to a source of puddingstone like yours. I want a small slab to make a Victorian style side table for my daughters home.
She uttered some deathly hints about how she "dearly loves" that kind of look for an occasional table.
JTT

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 10:40 am
@Rockhead,
If you can spare a moment from your whining rocky thread, what of the 1000 family pets of the Chagos islanders killed by your perpetual war criminal governments, rockhead?

Are you going to send a card with your condolences?
0 Replies

Ragman

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 10:57 am
@farmerman,
Macro photography gives us curious and/or creative types such a lot of possibilities and real estate as fodder for making interesting images - not to mention scientific explorations for rock hounds.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 11:41 am
@farmerman,
The best stone table top I've ever seen was down in Dorset (Jurassic Coast) and someone had got a giant ammonite, sawn it down through the middle, making two large circles, then brightly polished each sawn face.
He made two tables out of that one ammonite, kept one for himself and sold the other for £1k.

In those days you could take them from the beach, but now it's a World Heritage site, you can only take what comes down in cliff erosion/avalanche.

They're ten a penny round that part of the coast.....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RAR5MZfPOQI/UiYoZ50n3vI/AAAAAAAAKdE/CXG_l3sdhx8/s1600/LymeRegis011.jpg
farmerman

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 12:14 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Im familiar with the J Ammonites . In the US we have "Amolites" which are fossil ammonites that have been morphed into a precious black or purple opal (it varies from place to place). Theyre certainly not table top size but a good one goes for many K's$.
Im looking for the puccinstone because I want to match a table top she got from the Triassic conglomerate quarry near Rheems Pa. That quarry closed in the last 10 years, and your puddingstone is mostlike the Tr rock.
Its a mission and maybe we will have to stop over in the area when we visit the "low countries". Its about the distance from Philly to Pittsburgh.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 05:47 pm
@glitterbag,
Why you felt the need to direct this comment to me, I can't say, but while I will say that his participation in this thread is indicative of an extreme lack of social grace, at least JTT is ruthlessly consistent; something that is often in short supply.
farmerman

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 06:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Id rather be inshort supply of what JTT has to provide. Consistency is the bugaboo of small minds.

Those who can, do. Those whocant , teach, Those who cant teach, teach metal shop.
Rockhead

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 06:07 pm
@farmerman,
"Those who can, do. Those whocant , teach, Those who cant teach, teach metal shop."

prolly not a good idea to mention this next time you hit a deer and need your car repaired...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 06:10 pm
@farmerman,
We profoundly disagree on the value of consistency.

I'm happy to discuss the subject but am loathe to "high jack" a thread that is otherwise intended. Wouldn't want to be a "douche," don't you know.
Rockhead

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 06:12 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I think you missed that boat a long time back, finn...
farmerman

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 06:45 pm
@Rockhead,
I had a really bad experience with a metal shop teacher in HS. I had to take a unit of shop in order to have the necessary units of all types of classes required by our state. Id been taking all sorts of electives in arts and sciences. SO, my advisor (who was also a shop teacher) made sure I didn't keep taking all these "Fag subjects" like art. SO I made his department a living hell when he repeated that in public.
They never tagged me with anything I always believed that I was the model for a Bart Simpson with a father who was Bakunin rather than Homer. The shop teachers relented and allowed me to take a print shop elective and get credit for "shop" , even though printmaking was a "Homemaking art" (go figure-did every housewife of the 60;s own a bed press?), this, just to get me out from being a bad example for all his future bikers

Funny thing was , I later earned a nice pile of cash in air brushing motorcycles and vans for these same past "G' boys during the late 60's and actually was deciding whether to bag "college " since I had all the material comforts I could handle . My father became the final arbiter with his typical military STRACKness.
Rockhead

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 06:47 pm
@farmerman,
I didn't know it at the time, but my junior high metals teacher was a semi-famous artist...
glitterbag

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 06:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Why you felt the need to direct this comment to me, I can't say, but while I will say that his participation in this thread is indicative of an extreme lack of social grace, at least JTT is ruthlessly consistent; something that is often in short supply.

I must have hit reply under your post, that was a mistake, I thought I was directing my comment to that enormous pus filled vessel of hate who posts on A2k with a singleminded tormented agenda that only he understands. I have him on ignore, but unfortunately I was curious why that colossal asshat would post on a thread remembering Ernie. Who could have guessed he would not stay on topic.
Rest assured I do as much as I can to avoid you, you are not a demented jerk like the other poster, but I'm pretty sure you enjoy me as much as I enjoy you. So, my apologies if it appeared I was addressing you, it actually was not intended. Sorry for the mix-up.

0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 06:58 pm
@Rockhead,
yeh and DAle Chihully was from Kansas or Nebraska originally wasn't he? Pa is a totally fucked up state, education wise, where politics and the teachers unions have run rough shod on the system for years.

Teachers in Pa couldn't be removed for sheer stupidity and incompetence. Once they achieved tenure, they could kill the pope and stay on the payrolls and gather their pensions.

0 Replies