North Korea Pledges Nuclear Assault on USA

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 08:27 am
@FBM,
I think there are other reasons for China to continue to back North Korea. "Face" is hugely important to the Chinese mentality. Obviously it is hugely important to almost all societies, but the Asian peoples seem to place a bit more stock in it than others.

Don't assume China will not figuratively "cut off its nose" in an America versus North Korea confrontation...much as it would be imprudent to think America would not figuratively "cut off its nose" in an Arab versus Israeli confrontation.
FBM

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 09:03 am
@Frank Apisa,
Recent news reports top-level Chinese party members expressing the desire to cut NK loose, though. Otherwise I'd agree. Economics is a powerful motivator for anybody, but especially for politicians. And China backed the latest and most severe economic sanctions following NK's third nuclear test. They have veto power in the UN, but not only didn't use it, they didn't even simply abstain, if I recall.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 09:14 am
@FBM,
I gladly settle for the Chinese to be a bit more helpful in keeping the Great Leader in check. I honestly do not see China ever truly abandoning North Korea...but you are correct about the economic pressures. Let's hope avarice can do what direct diplomacy seems unable to accomplish.
FBM

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 10:09 am
@Frank Apisa,
Indeed. Let's hope.
JTT

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 11:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
"Face" is hugely important to the Chinese mentality. Obviously it is hugely important to almost all societies, but the Asian peoples seem to place a bit more stock in it than others.

Such utter blindness and stupidity something you're not known for, Frank. Rolling Eyes

The US illegally invades two countries, murders hundreds of thousands, spreads WMDs all over their lands, terrorizes the people no end, all for something that they had no hand in.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 11:36 am
@FBM,
Did you two doofuses miss this?

Quote:
The Korean War: The “Unknown War”. The Coverup of US War Crimes

The Korean War, a.k.a. the “Unknown War,” was, in fact, headline news at the time it was being fought(1950-53). Given the Cold War hatreds of the combatants, though, a great deal of the reportage was propaganda, and much of what should have been told was never told. News of the worst atrocities perpetrated against civilians was routinely suppressed and the full story of the horrific suffering of the Korean people—who lost 3-million souls of a total population of 23-million— has yet to be told in full. Filling in many of the blank spaces is Bruce Cumings, chair of the Department of History at the University of Chicago, whose book “The Korean War”(Modern Library Chronicles) takes an objective look at the conflict. In one review, Publishers Weekly says, “In this devastating work he shows how little the U.S. knew about who it was fighting, why it was fighting, and even how it was fighting.

Though the North Koreans had a reputation for viciousness, according to Cumings, U.S. soldiers actually engaged in more civilian massacres. This included dropping over half a million tons of bombs and thousands of tons of napalm, more than was loosed on the entire Pacific theater in World War II, almost indiscriminately. The review goes on to say, “Cumings deftly reveals how Korea was a clear precursor to Vietnam: a divided country, fighting a long anti-colonial war with a committed and underestimated enemy; enter the U.S., efforts go poorly, disillusionment spreads among soldiers, and lies are told at top levels in an attempt to ignore or obfuscate a relentless stream of bad news. For those who like their truth unvarnished, Cumings’s history will be a fresh, welcome take on events that seemed to have long been settled.”

Interviewed in two one-hour installments by Lawrence Velvel, Dean of the Massachusetts School of Law at Andover, producers of Comcast’s “Books of Our Time” with the first installment being shown on Sunday, March 20th, Cumings said U.S. coverage of the war was badly slanted. Hanson Baldwin, the military correspondent for The New York Times, described “North Koreans as locusts, like Nazis, like vermin, who come shrieking on. I mean, this is really hard stuff to read in an era when you don’t get away with that kind of thinking anymore.” Cumings adds, “Rapes were extremely common. Koreans in the South will still say that that was one of the worst things of the war (was how)many American soldiers were raping Korean women.”

Cumings said he was able to draw upon a lot of South Korean research that has come out since the nation democratized in the 1990s about the massacres of Korean civilians. This has been the subject of painstaking research by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission in Seoul and Cumings describes the results as “horrific.” Atrocities by “our side, the South Koreans (ran) six to one ahead of the North Koreans in terms of killing civilians, whereas most Americans would think North Koreans would just as soon kill a civilian to look at him.” The numbers of civilians killed in South Korea by the government, Cumings said, even dwarfed Spaniards murdered by dictator Francisco Franco, the general who overthrew the Madrid government in the 1936-1939 civil war. Cumings said about 100,000 South Koreans were killed in political violence between 1945 and 1950 and perhaps as many as 200,000 more were killed during the early months of the war. This compares to about 200,000 civilians put to death in Spain in Franco’s political massacres. In all, Korea suffered 3 million civilian dead during the 1950-53 war, more killed than the 2.7 million Japan suffered during all of World War II.

One of the worst atrocities was perpetrated by the South Korean police at the small city of Tae Jun. They executed 7,000 political prisoners while Central Intelligence Agency and U.S. military officials looked on, Cumings said. To compound the crime, the Pentagon blamed the atrocity on the Communists, Cumings said. “The Joint Chiefs of Staff classified the photographs of it because they make it clear who’s doing it, and they don’t let the photographs out until 1999 when a Korean finally got them declassified.” To top that off, the historian says, “the Pentagon did a video movie called ‘Crime of Korea’ where you see shots of pits that go on for like a football field, pit after pit of dead people, and (actor) Humphrey Bogart in a voice-over says, ‘someday the Communists will pay for this, someday we’ll get the full totals and believe me we’ll get the exact, accurate totals of the people murdered here and we will make these war criminals pay.’ Now this is a complete reversal of black and white, done as a matter of policy.” Cumings adds that these events represent “a very deep American responsibility for the regime that we promoted, really more than any other in East Asia (and that) was our creation in the late Forties.” Other atrocities, such as the one at No Gun village, Cumings terms “an American massacre of women and children,” which he lays at the feet of the U.S. military.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-korean-war-the-unknown-war-the-coverup-of-us-war-crimes/23742
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 12:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I gladly settle for the Chinese to be a bit more helpful in keeping the Great Leader in check. I honestly do not see China ever truly abandoning North Korea...but you are correct about the economic pressures. Let's hope avarice can do what direct diplomacy seems unable to accomplish.

What about a complete paradigm shift here? One that, instead of simply mouthing vacuous propaganda, actually injects a measure of reality.

Fact: The USA has been terrorizing the people of Korea since before the end of WWII. The US has constantly been posturing that this terrorism has been for the people of the Korea.

You, [we're speaking morally and theoretically here, not what the US actually does] don't willy nilly enter into an armed conflict where history has shown “ how little the U.S. knew about who it was fighting, why it was fighting, and even how it was fighting".

You don't, [again, we're speaking theoretically of people who actually possess a moral code of conduct], drop, indiscriminately, "over half a million tons of bombs and thousands of tons of napalm, more than was loosed on the entire Pacific theater in World War II, ".

Let's really consider these epithets, Great Leader with, again, a measure of reality. What will a true account of history show, that north Korean leaders were every bit as savage as US leaders?

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 12:58 pm
@FBM thank you for agreeing with my comment:

Quote:
Let's hope avarice can do what direct diplomacy seems unable to accomplish.

By the way, FBM...is it my computer...or is there a buzzing going on when this thread comes up?
JTT

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 01:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
By the way, FBM...is it my computer...or is there a buzzing going on when this thread comes up?

FBM wouldn't notice, Frank, because he's another of those cowardly Americans that quickly leaped into a scuzzy little hole rather than face the truth.

If he hadn't, he most assuredly would notice, though it's unlikely he would possess the necessary honesty to note it, that this is just the same old dishonest Frank Apisa.

Quote:
Let's hope avarice can do what direct diplomacy seems unable to accomplish.

It's not worked for the USA, Frank, because the US has always used its power to steal the wealth of the poor and the oppressed of the world. The US is number one at making people oppressed. If it ain't by military means, then they use their economic clout.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 01:34 pm
@JTT,
Gosh, JTT...I've just read postings in four threads I am following...and you are calling people liars and hypocrites in each of them. Many different people.

Sounds as though you have some problems.

And the sound comes through as buzzing.

You ought get some help.
JTT

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 01:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Your dishonesty shows brilliant, Frank, because you don't have the honesty to actually address the points I've raised.

You did it in this thread by ignoring the points I raised about US propaganda.

You did it in this thread by raising a dishonest point to try to drag FBM into your dishonesty. Leave him out of your dishonesty - he has enough of his own.

Then, you did it in this thread again, I've lost count, with this latest dishonest diversion of yours.

Virtually all of your dishonesty can be attributed to your dishonesty. Vicious circle you have yourself in, my friend.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 01:46 pm
@JTT,
In just a few threads...and just today...I've seen you call the following people hypocrites or liars...or otherwise insult their intellect: Matt, Reasoning Logic, FBM, Margo, Glitterbag, Spendius, and me.

You need help, JTT.

You are out-of-control...BIG TIME.
JTT

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 01:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
See what I mean, Frank, about the vicious circle you have gotten yourself into. Might I suggest to you the safe confines of IGNORE.
JTT

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 01:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I've seen you call the following people hypocrites or liars...or otherwise insult their intellect: or say their stuff is horse feathers or their mother wears army boots, or they don't know their rear from a crater from a US nuclear bomb or ...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 02:03 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Sounds like you're the one screaming for help, Frank.

Matt, Reasoning Logic, FBM, Margo, Glitterbag, Spendius, and me, HELP ME!!!

Why not simply address the questions I posed? Why not just do the very thing you urge others to do, despite your own inability to do the same?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 02:05 pm
@JTT,
Serious problems...requiring professional help.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 02:07 pm
@JTT,
Professional help, JTT.

The thought that you are involved in teaching children, as you have asserted, is beyond disturbing.
JTT

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 02:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
North Korea and the propaganda that y'all spread. Aggressive US terrorism against the north, Frank. Now these are serious problems.

Since you have truth on your side, one has to wonder why you keep going to these diversions. Hell, they are starting to become OmSigDavid diversions, Frank, what with the big letters and all.

Funny, isn't it, Frank, how quickly truth becomes truthiness, when your hypocrisy is pointed up.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 05:40 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5280033)
North Korea and the propaganda that y'all spread. Aggressive US terrorism against the north, Frank. Now these are serious problems.

Since you have truth on your side, one has to wonder why you keep going to these diversions. Hell, they are starting to become OmSigDavid diversions, Frank, what with the big letters and all.

Funny, isn't it, Frank, how quickly truth becomes truthiness, when your hypocrisy is pointed up.

The nicest thing I can do for you, JTT...is to point out that your conduct indicates you are in serious need of professional attention.

Surely even you can see that.
JTT

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 06:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The real question is, why wouldn't everyone want nuclear weapons when you have a maurauding, murderous nation like the US around.

Quote:
according to Cumings, U.S. soldiers actually engaged in more civilian massacres. This included dropping over half a million tons of bombs and thousands of tons of napalm, more than was loosed on the entire Pacific theater in World War II, almost indiscriminately. The review goes on to say, “Cumings deftly reveals how Korea was a clear precursor to Vietnam: a divided country, fighting a long anti-colonial war with a committed and underestimated enemy; enter the U.S., efforts go poorly, disillusionment spreads among soldiers, and lies are told at top levels in an attempt to ignore or obfuscate a relentless stream of bad news. For those who like their truth unvarnished, Cumings’s history will be a fresh, welcome take on events that seemed to have long been settled.”