North Korea Pledges Nuclear Assault on USA

JTT

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 08:41 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
Were NK of mind to really attack us, they would probably sneak a cargo container, housing the nuke, into the USA. Or they would merely sail a ship close to a USA port, and then detonate. There are many other ways they could fashion a successful attack.

Even the ones of y'all who are slightly more sane are bonkers.

If the US hadn't been terrorizing the people of Korea for some sixty years the people of Korea would be doing just fine.

Quote:
PARK CHUNG HEE

President of South Korea

Free and open expression has not come easily to South Koreans. Beatings, torture, and execution of the regimes' political opponents have been a way of life since the Korean War. The tenure of former President Park Chung Hee, who came to power in a 1961 military coup, exemplifies the kind of leader South Koreans have been forced to endure. Park's virulent anti-communism won him U.S. support. The water torture, which leaves no physical marks on the victim, was a favored technique of Park's security forces. Cold water was forced up the nostrils through a tube, while a cloth was placed in the victim's mouth to prevent breathing. Many anti-communist interrogations were run by the KCIA, a US creation modeled after the American CIA. One victim told Amnesty International, " I was taken to KCIA headquarters, my hands tied together, and I was tied to a chair. I was not allowed to have any sleep. At night, they would drag me to the basement where they would beat me with a long, heavy stick, and jump on me. They were trying to make me confess that I was a spy. Despite such brutal behavior, the US has maintained a first-rate strategic relationship with South Korea, providing successive repressive regimes with extensive US aid. Park Chung Hee was assassinated by the KCIA in 1979, but South Korea is still a nation troubled by lack of human rights.

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/US_ThirdWorld/dictators.html
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:00 pm
@BillRM,
Not at all, you can have a strong opinion of what will not work without knowing what will.

gungasnake

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:08 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
If the US hadn't been terrorizing the people of Korea for some sixty years the people of Korea would be doing just fine...

The two Koreas at night:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/dprk/images/dprk-dmsp-dark-old.jpg

See if you can figure out which is the one that America has been "oppressing/terrorizing(TM)" for the last 60 years.....
Advocate

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:44 pm
@gungasnake,
Maybe the North Koreans are into candlelight dinners.
roger

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 07:06 pm
@Advocate,
Glad they still have candles - if they do.
JTT

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 07:29 pm
@gungasnake,
The US has terrorized the people of the south and the north parts of Korea. That's what the USA always does. That's how it keeps things open for US businesses to rape and plunder.

++++++++++++++++++

Syngman Rhee South Korea:1948-1960
*His corrupt police state brutalized and terrorized its opponents to such an extent that western news correspondents were forbidden to report it
*South Korea was governed by the tyrannical and unrepresentative regime of Syngman Rhee
*Ruled until 1960 when he was deposed by Park Chung Hee
*Rhee used troops to force the legislature to provide for popular election of the president
*Rigged and manipulated the elections
*His regime was set up with the help of America and with the protection of the American army
*The USA and the UN came to defend his regime from Communist invasion of North Korea between 1950-1953.

Park Chung Hee South Korea:1960-1979
*His Korean Central Intelligence Agency was responsible for the surveillance, intimidation and purges against his political dissidents
*In 1972, he imposed martial law and introduced a new constitution which allowed him to rule indefinitely
* In the following months, numerous emergency measures restricted civil liberties and removed political opponents.
*Although the economy improved under his rule, the South Koreans hated his regime
*In 1979 demonstrations in the cities of Pusan and Masan were met with violent suppression
*He was assassinated in the same year
*Sent an army to help the USA during its invasion of Vietnam

General Chun Doo Hwan South Korea:1980-1988
*In December 1979 he ousted senior military officers, took control of the army, and subsequently thwarted efforts toward constitutional liberalization
*In May 1980 leading opposition politicians were arrested and opposition demonstrations were suppressed with great violence
*After a series of student demonstrations, Doo Hwan was forced to make democratic reforms and free elections
*Throughout the rule of pro-American South Korean dictators, there were many student demonstrations against America which supported the dictators.
*Many such demonstrations still take place after South Korea had become a democratic nation
*allowed western multi-nationals to operate in his country

http://tfclub.tripod.com/list.html
BillRM

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 05:34 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Not at all, you can have a strong opinion of what will not work without knowing what will.

LOL..........so nothing will work perhaps and we are now facing a no win situation like the star trek Kobayashi Maru scenario?

Even if that is your opinion, it seem kind of unfair then to be complaining when our leadership is still trying to handle the mess as best they can when you do not havc a damn clue of any other possible course of actions that would be better.

A do something anything at all but what you are now doing is kind of a crazy request to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

gungasnake

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 08:05 am
@JTT,
http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/dprk/images/dprk-dmsp-dark-old.jpg
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 12:28 pm
@gungasnake,
Data and evidence usually trumps hysteria and hairbuning. At least thats the way I see it
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 02:43 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Glad they still have candles - if they do.

I don't think they do, they ate the candles a long time ago.
roger

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 03:14 pm
@glitterbag,
I was afraid of that.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 03:22 pm
I think this is a serious problem. North Korea has a spoiled 28 year old man boy as their leader. We have to stop viewing North Korea as "just like America" only with labor camps. The former leader engaged in aggressive actions against Japan and North Korea has systematically persecuted their own people, who can't even conceive of posting negative remarks about their leader on a forum like this. Now, we have a corpulent leader dissolving agreements forged over 60 years ago and some of us want to blame Obama? Are you nuts, Obama killed Osama bin Ladin, countless numbers of #2 leaders of terrorists, and the first world leader to defeat Somali pirates.

Does anybody here really think when Obama leaves office and a new president is sworn in, suddenly North Korea will stop the saber rattling or China will stop stealing industrial secrets? This is an elevation of hostile actions, the entire world is watching and a few citizens of this country think its because Obama isn't up to the job. You better hope Obama is up for the job and pull your weight as an American, this country has served in many wars, but these last two have been done with an all volunteer military. At some point every American family will have some skin in the game, and war won't be a spectator sport. Our fathers and grandfathers suffered and sacrificed so we can sit around watching Access Hollywood and carping about stupid things. Can't we at least honor the past and current sacrifices and loss of life as something we should be grateful for? Sometimes these postings by history illiterates, make me despair for future generations.
JTT

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 05:56 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
North Korea has systematically persecuted their own people, who can't even conceive of posting negative remarks about their leader on a forum like this.

The US has systematically persecuted hundreds of millions of people, tortured countless people, murdered countless millions. Many of those people were murdered because they tried to speak of the evils that the US was involved in.

Quote:
Obama killed Osama bin Ladin,

So you've been told. Considering that US presidents lie as easily as they breathe, that may well be just another fiction.

Quote:
suddenly North Korea will stop the saber rattling or China will stop stealing industrial secrets?

Suddenly the US will stop stealing the wealth from the poor of the world and will stop terrorizing other countries. And pigs will fly.

Quote:
Our fathers and grandfathers suffered and sacrificed so we can sit around watching Access Hollywood and carping about stupid things.

Stupid things like stopping a new generation on Americans from getting involved in more US war crimes and terrorist actions, all meant to help US businesses steal from the poor.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2013 04:03 pm
@BillRM,
Your insistence that critics, in this forum, of the Administration's policy provide an alternative is silly, and you keep doubling down on it.

It's not a matter of there necessarily being no solution, it's a case of these folks don't like the one being advanced by the current leadership of our nation.

We elect these people do do a job we either can't or don't want to do. If they can't come up with something much better than the average Joe, why the Hell are they running the country? Trying doesn't cut it. Anyone can try. If that's all they are prepared to do then they shouldn't be holding the reins of power.

I may not know how to fix my car when it breaks down, but I do know that filling the gas tank and hoping that will do the trick won't work, and if a mechanic tells me it will, I don't have to be able to fix my car to know he can't.
JTT

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2013 04:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
How come you always ignore the facts and engage in these inane digressions, Finn?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2013 04:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
LOL I would hate to have you in the backseat of any car I was driving as I can just hear you complaining that I was not driving correctly but you have no suggestions on how I should change my driving behaviors!!!!!!!!!!!!

All you know is that I am in someway or in some manner not doing it right.
roger

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2013 04:16 pm
@BillRM,
lololololol
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2013 04:29 pm
@glitterbag,
Most of the crap that has been coming out of North Korea from Dear Leader I, II, or III is intended for the internal consumption of the powerful and tiny NK elite, but this doesn't mean it's not perilous.

If there is some crazy-ass faction of the military that is somehow pleased or mollified by a pledge to nuke us, it's crazy but not, in the least, harmless. These miscreants have nukes and are working diligently on inter-continental missiles that might deliver them to our shores.

I don't suggest that we need to bomb them into the stone-age, but we are foolish if we don't take their threat as seriously as we would a rabid dog roaming the streets of our neighborhood.

We don't all need to run out and join the military though, nor promote the reinstatement of the draft. North Korea will not be invading us anytime soon and we will not be invading them unless and until we've decimated their poor benighted country.

No president has been "tough" enough to keep these crazy bastards in check, so it's immaterial what they think of Obama, or what he says.

Here's what doesn't work: Trading anything for behavior we want.

How many times does someone have to cut a deal with a lying bunch of reprobates to know that a new deal is just stupid?

If there is an international problem that begs for clandestine "black" operations, it's North Korea: Assassinations, sabotage and the fomenting and funding of revolution.
JTT

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2013 04:29 pm
@roger,
Did you mean Lola, Roger?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2013 04:32 pm
@BillRM,
Triple-downing.

Not to worry though, I assure you that I will never get in a car that you are driving.