What to do if you are a tomboy and your friends or family are trying to dress you up like a girl ?

jespah

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 10:27 am
@tomster,
I bet it'll be interesting in France.

In the southern US, feminine/classic seems to win out, whereas in New England it seems to be more sporty/classic - but that's also a function of where I'm looking. Smile
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 09:06 am
@tomster,
Hey tomster -- this article was in my newspaper today and I thought of you: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/03/former_nike_employees_create_w.html

These two women who worked at Nike have created an online clothing store for tomboys!
0 Replies

amy37

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 04:08 pm
@tomster,
Well congrats to you on standing your ground on your style and how you express yourself, i wish everyone could be as bold as you.
Just don't make it a "thing", where you're against dressing up.
0 Replies

ambrusco

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 01:35 am
@tomster,
Please don't change just to make everybody else happy. Speaking as a guy, I think hetero tomboys are often quite hot, and wish I knew where to meet one (at least one closer to my age—I'm markedly older than you, and too many tomboys give in to get along as they get older). You simply hold onto the identity that makes you happy, that gives your life meaning, and as long as you aren't rubbing mud on your face to keep people away or anything, the right young man will recognize the spark of originality in you.
0 Replies