Tomorrow is the Pope's last day...

chai2

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 07:15 am
Thought it would be nice if we all signed a card.

Pass it around, and get it back to the receptionist by noon today.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPEMg00BycgTsUKAoqFazySaQj8HUtkO38MepBN9l5RDh71Cuagg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 14 • Views: 3,730 • Replies: 37

Setanta

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 07:21 am
We don't have to contribute for some phony gift, do we?
jespah

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 07:42 am
@Setanta,
I hear we're all goin' to karaoke tonight, and he's gonna belt out Take this Job and Shove It.

In the original Latin.
roger

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 07:45 am
@chai2,
Awww. That's really sweet.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 08:19 am
@jespah,
Hehehehehe . . .
farmerman

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 04:54 pm
@Setanta,
hes gotta clean out his locker and return his little red shoes
Ragman

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 05:07 pm
@farmerman,
I heard some interesting reflections on NPR today about how this Pope mishandled the priest sex abuse scandal. Audio testimony was provided from a very credible abuse suffer who had a personal audience with the Pope who afterwards still punted it.

Long may he roast!
farmerman

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 07:05 pm
@Ragman,
But its still interesting how all the clergy have been circling the wagons around his actions. Had the pope been a subject to ridinary ciil or criminal law, hed be indicted as a criminal accomplice or covering up via some kind of depraved indifference.

The church is trying to get this all behind itself and is doing everything wrong.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 07:59 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

We don't have to contribute for some phony gift, do we?

I think management is getting him something.

Oh! and CAKE!

Setanta

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 08:01 pm
Man, just think what kind of severance package he's gonna get! Fancy digs, chauffeur-driven limo, private chef, hot and cold running alter boys . . .
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 08:02 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Everybody better check before he leaves that we all have our missals.

Things sometimes tend to go missing when someone leaves.

When Lance got fired, I couldn't find my bike lock the next day.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 08:06 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

I hear we're all goin' to karaoke tonight, and he's gonna belt out Take this Job and Shove It.

In the original Latin.

Ha!

Yeah, we need George to translate this for us.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 08:10 pm
@farmerman,
And they're taking away his ring and destroying the papal seal. But the red shoes, that's the biggest loss.
chai2

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 08:22 pm
@Lola,
His PayPal seal!

Man, how is he gonna buy or sell on ebay now?
Sharkey

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 08:54 pm
@chai2,
What a mediocre play on words? But I do hope that Pope to nope doesn't interfere with the confessions and the efforts to bring the devils into the light. You can only kid some of the papal, some of the time, after all.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 09:23 pm
@chai2,
ok

who ordered this freaking cake?

chai2 was this your idea of a joke?
chai2

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2013 05:44 am
@ehBeth,
Well thanks everyone for participating in the little send off.

Below are some snapshots of the day.

His Holiness was so surprised when he showed up yesterday. I can tell though, that he's thinking "Fondant, I hate fondant."

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/6179/slide_6179_82273_large.jpg?1271695899541

After awhile, things got a little crazy everyone's thinking "****, he is so wasted, just send him home early"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--PQ94cgmISk/Tk79ANs0NRI/AAAAAAAABYc/Fg3cpIrAGAY/s1600/PopeChocPiano.jpg
jespah

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2013 06:03 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

He can rent 'em again if we ever go bowling together.

Go home, Benedict! Yer drunk!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2013 06:39 am
@chai2,
   http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--PQ94cgmISk/Tk79ANs0NRI/AAAAAAAABYc/Fg3cpIrAGAY/s1600/PopeChocPiano.jpg

VE FILL NAW PLAY "INNA GODDA DAVIDA'

AH ONE AN A TWO
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2013 06:49 am
It was only a matter of time before he left.

Quote:
A FOUR-LETTER outburst from the Pope stunned 100,000 pilgrims who had packed into St Peter's Square, Rome on Sunday. Making a rare public appearance, the 85 year-old Pontiff appeared tired and unsteady on his feet as he addressed the crowd from a Vatican balcony.
Slurring his words and holding onto a rail for support, John Paul II amazed onlookers by opening his traditional Summer address with a tirade of abuse directed at the central tenets of the Christian faith. Shocked catholics in the crowd were horrified to hear the holy father:

DISMISS the New Testament as a "parcel of ******* shite"
CONDEMN believers as "a load of cockwits"
and SLAM the resurrection as "a right load of old bollocks"
speech
Two minutes into the controversial speech the bemused crowd watched as a pair of cardinals appeared on the balcony and attempted to wrestle the microphone out of his hands. A short and unseemly scuffle ensued, during which the Pope was seen to strike out repeatedly, breaking one of the cardinals' glasses before being dragged back inside the Vatican.

However, apparently determined to continue his contentious address he reappeared seconds later, shouting incoherently, jabbing his finger and shaking his fist aggressively at the startled crowd. Climbing up onto a stone balustrade, he raised his cassock and appeared to be about to urinate until he was manhandled to the ground by several burly members of the Swiss Guard.

hypno
The Pope was then taken in a headlock from the balcony whilst Italian police moved into St Peter's Square and began dispersing the crowd.

Journalists were summoned to the Vatican for a press conference on Monday afternoon. A frail-looking and clearly uncomfortable Pope sat silently in dark glasses, taking occasional sips from a tin of Irn Bru whilst a Cardinal read from a prepared statement.
psycho
Reporters were told: "It has come to our attention that during yesterday's papal announcement there was a fault in the public address system which led to many of the Pope's words getting mixed up in the machinery and coming out of the speakers in the wrong order.

frenzy
"We have been assured by Vatican engineers that the fault will not recur, and the Pontiff's next speech will appear with all the words in the correct order."

This is not the first time that a papal address has led to controversy. During his Easter Sunday mass at St Peter's Basilica, a problem with the acoustics was blamed for John Paul II apparently suggesting that the Virgin Mary could perform a sex act upon him before stumbling from the lecturn and vomiting onto the floor.

http://www.viz.co.uk/articles.html?005