Should Employers Respond to EVERY Job Application??

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2013 11:43 pm
Quote:
Do you think employers should follow up with every person who applies for a job?

75.2%
Yes
11,580 votes

21.4%
No
3,295 votes

3.4%
I'm not sure
516 votes

http://lifeinc.today.com/_news/2013/02/20/17020165-job-seekers-ask-where-has-all-the-courtesy-gone

WTF?

I routinely get over 50 apps for every opening.......I am supposed to take a couple of hours out of my already 60+ hour week to get back to every one? **** that! If you dont hear from me then I am not interested, and you are not going to hear my objections because I have never felt the need to lay out my objections to every single person who is trying to sell me something. if you make it to the final two or three and thus the second interview THEN I will call you no matter which way I go.

how is this not reasonable?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,294 • Replies: 1
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2013 12:25 am
@hawkeye10,
That's reasonable. In my experience, the only employers that routinely send out rejections are government employers who are probably guided by strict regulations. They are also the employers most likely to advertise for positions for which they have already made the selection. Again, regulations probably require they advertise or post notices.
0 Replies